65 replies to this topic

#61 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

Well I must say dear readers. If I understood the site correctly, then NOBODY CHEATS DEATH is the second most viewed Fan Fic novel on CBn with a lovely 10405 views.

Well I'll be damned, is what Ian Fleming once said when they informed him JFK listed FRWL as one of his best novels.

That is cause for celebration tomorrow.

Thanks to all who have viewed it (myself included lololololol).

I will be toasting to my very first Bond novel at 0001 tomorrow. I will also raise my glass to my last Bond novel R O Y A L G A M B I T

And, due to the fact that NOBODY CHEATS DEATH has reached number two on the most viewed charts, I will also be re-posting it whole soon so that those of you who missed out on it first time round will be able to enjoy it in it's entirety.

Some of it got lost you see throughout the years and due to site changes and all that stuff.

Yes, it's going to be a happy happy New Year indeed.

Thanks to all

That gives an amateur writer like me courage you see.

Roger

That's an amzing fact.

I don't mean that it isn't deserved, I'm just a bit startled.

Where's this chart, Harry?

I thought I had a 'clean' docx version of NCD, but unfortunately it's got mixed typesettings - I must have chosen not to re-format it when I read that one.

Any chance of loading it as a pdf with cover pages etc?

#62 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

Hiya Chrisno1.

Yep I'll be re-posting a PDF version in a couple of days time. I think she deserves another run considering the time I put into it (if the MODS don't mind of course).

As for the chart Chris: click on Fan Fic posting and on the top you'll see the following APS: 

•  Start Date
  •  Most Replies
  •  Most Viewed

That's where I got the info from.

I hope I understood it correctly though and those views aren't my own (lolololololol) but anyway, what the heck, it's still cause for celebration on my behalf.

Can't wait for GULFSTREAM so hurry up and bring her in.

Roger

PS A very very well done to Gene Laurenciano and his 20875 views for his FAN FIC novel called A Song In The Night.

#63 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

Good news about the pdfs !

You know, I never used that app... I was quite surprised to see 4 of my own novels in the top 20 !! Volante is doing very nicely also. Still, many congrats to you again, Harry, and happy new year.

p.s. if anybody hasn't read Harry's debut Fan Fic, it's well worth a look...

#64 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:21 PM

I want to read Nobody cheats death but there seem to be a lot of missing parts so I like to see the full one 

#65 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

What a blast from the past, Harry! :D Congrats!

Edit: thanks to your comments about bits of NCD being lost through forum updates etc, I realized that my own old fanfic had totally disappeared :S

Just re-posted it as a reply in the same thread, to keep my millions of fans happy! :P

#66 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:28 AM

when can we expect the reposting in PDF format?