65 replies to this topic

#1 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 08:06 PM

To anyone interested. I decided last night, over a glass of bubbly and my hundredth cigarette that day, to take up the suggestion of writing a full James Bond story.

First thing I did was cut and paste what I had already written in the fifteen minute challenge page and joined them up, chapter wise. That was Part 1 of the story (The Edge of Danger). I then posted them on the Fan Fiction page in its rightful place. I have started Part 2 (Pay the Devil) and will continue every day posting new bits to the story. I give you my word of words the more you read the more the story will blast you away.

I would like to thank CBn for the chance to do this. I have never been so excited that I have the chance to write a 'Bond' novel. Great. Thanks a million and I hope I am worthy to stand beside the others here who wrote 'Bond' novels before me and are writing ones now.

Please feel free to post any suggestions/criticism/complaints on this page. I will follow them up.

This is my Bond and I hope you like the way I see him.

Harry Fawkes MRQ

#2 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 02:43 AM

I've only had enough time to read the 1st part so far, and found it entertaining! I'm looking forward to reading the second part.

If I may, there's a mistake I think: when you write :
[quote]

#3 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 03:36 AM

Added a discussion link to the story. :D

#4 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 05:51 PM

Well, what a bleedin' day.
Been thinking, smoking heavily (not to mention the Scotch near the fireplace thinking again and smoking heavily) and of course writing. Feels good though, more than I thought it would. I posted more of NOBODY CHEATS DEATH and it now seems to be taking the shape I had planned. Now I am going to grab another cigarette, have a stiff drink then grab a shower and eat.
I'm starved.
When I'm ready I just want to sit back and relax on the forum.

Harry :D

#5 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 06:32 PM

[quote name='MkB' post='812465' date='26 December 2007 - 03:43']I've only had enough time to read the 1st part so far, and found it entertaining! I'm looking forward to reading the second part.

If I may, there's a mistake I think: when you write :
[quote]

#6 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 04:45 PM

Have just added something to Chapter Two of Part 2. It'll be a bit clearer as where Bond and Rachel went after the Mace and Strom part.

Harry :D

#7 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 08:22 PM

Well, I have just posted the final part of Chapter 3 of Part II of Nobody Cheats Death. If I may say so for myself, I believe it is becoming curiouser and curiouser by the minute, even for me. Anyway, I hope you enjoy.

Harry Fawkes

#8 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 03:05 AM

New addition up now.

#9 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 03:14 AM

Cheers Harry. :D

Whilst I'm waaaaaay behind on my own fan-fic (can't stop tinkering with the damn thing although finished finally), this was a nice, easy read but the details are great and the fact that it has the tri-ump of:

1 - Being created by a Bond fan

2 - Fueled by champagne (prefer scotch myself)

3 - Fueled by nicotine (worked for Ian and myself)

It ain't bad and goes down smooth.

Anxious to read more.

*raises glass of 18 year old Glenlivet*

#10 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 12:42 PM

Cheers Bryce.
That means a lot to me. :P You know, although I love writing, to be honest the fact is most of the times I find myself just sitting there staring into space, cigarette in one hand, glass of bubbly in the other (Scotch in your case) trying to find whatever it is I'm bloody looking for inside my mind and then all of a sudden I think 'What the hell am I doing? Why am I dedicating so much time and energy to something like 'Nobody Cheats Death'. What the heck is behind it all? Where do you think your going with it, Harry boy?'
But then I read a comment like yours and MkBs and I realise: 'yeah, that's cool. It's worth it. I'm doing something cause I love Bond and the world he lives in and these guys are showing their appreciation to you for at least trying and most importantly they like it'. And that's great friends; thank you for the courage :D .

Right, now back to NOBODY CHEATS DEATH. Ive just posted a very important piece of the story and I'm sure you'll enjoy it (I wonder if editing is better than adding a story? What's the difference Qwerty?)
This is where my Bond shows off his cruel killing streak and a couple of other characteristics seldom seen in other books (I know I know I should be a salesman :D ). By the way its a bit violent but then again as Amon Locke once said: 'what's life without a touch of violence, Mr. Bond.'

Harry

PS I hope you like my version of a car chase scene :D .

#11 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 04:28 PM

Right back at you Harry. :D

In my travels, and starting back in 2004, I posted a bit of fun based on my own true adventures in Las Vegas. I labeled it casually as my "Touch of Fleming" (ToF) and now, at least amongst a few or more here at CBn, they are now a must with any travel I take.

It was through these and the continuing annual travel/trips/vacation I share with Joyce Carrington (a fine author in her own right) and my good buddy of nearly 20 years Matt O'S oo4 that I began to write more.

This last year, it was Joyce who spurred me to write a full on "John Bryce 003" adventure as I've been her consultant on her latest work. 003 actually makes his first appearance in her next novel.

Granted, taking on the mantle of Bond is no easy task. Hence, for myself, Bond has no mention in my own work. The Bond films and novels do not exist in my (Bryce's) universe.

Your work is solid though and I look forward to more.

Cheers Harry.

My characters are based on people I know and a few here at CBn. Look about in my posts and you'll find some of my ToF's. Anyway, keep doing what you do and doing as well as you've had.

Here's a bit of something I was tinkering with.

Mal looked to Bryce as she lit one of his cigarettes and propped herself up in bed. The sheets nearly revealing her breasts as she pushed the mane of red hair back over her head and took a long pull of the smoke.

"How many 'kills' John?"

Bryce didn't hesitate as he crossed to the suite's mini-bar. He selected a minature of Glenlivet and poured it into his coffee.

"Fifty-seven. Six in war. Fourteen in self defence." Mal paused. He actually kept track of the taking of lives? She did the math.

"And the other thirty-seven?"

Bryce climbed back into the bed and took the smoke from her scratching his head with no apparent emotion; "For Queen and country and under orders or the assignment at hand. I'm a glorified assassin. I don't relish it and don't think about it. 'Them' or 'Me'. They'd do the same. I have what they call a 'licence to kill' but I don't have permission to die."

Stubbing out the smoke in the bedside ashtray he turned back to her and kissed her softly and slid his hand across her toned belly and pulled her towards him.

"It does have it's benefits."

Mal giggled and flashed her eyes as she wrapped her arms about him; "Well, I make a great therapist." Their lips met and she let out a soft sigh. What was it about the bad men?

:P

#12 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 05:02 PM

Well... Two
Spoiler
, and the stoy isn't finished yet... This man is really a black cat! :P (I was about to say "a jinx", but I thought this might be controversial :D )

#13 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 11:54 PM

Right back at you Harry. :D

In my travels, and starting back in 2004, I posted a bit of fun based on my own true adventures in Las Vegas. I labeled it casually as my "Touch of Fleming" (ToF) and now, at least amongst a few or more here at CBn, they are now a must with any travel I take.

It was through these and the continuing annual travel/trips/vacation I share with Joyce Carrington (a fine author in her own right) and my good buddy of nearly 20 years Matt O'S oo4 that I began to write more.

This last year, it was Joyce who spurred me to write a full on "John Bryce 003" adventure as I've been her consultant on her latest work. 003 actually makes his first appearance in her next novel.

Granted, taking on the mantle of Bond is no easy task. Hence, for myself, Bond has no mention in my own work. The Bond films and novels do not exist in my (Bryce's) universe.

Your work is solid though and I look forward to more.

Cheers Harry.

My characters are based on people I know and a few here at CBn. Look about in my posts and you'll find some of my ToF's. Anyway, keep doing what you do and doing as well as you've had.

Here's a bit of something I was tinkering with.

Mal looked to Bryce as she lit one of his cigarettes and propped herself up in bed. The sheets nearly revealing her breasts as she pushed the mane of red hair back over her head and took a long pull of the smoke.

"How many 'kills' John?"

Bryce didn't hesitate as he crossed to the suite's mini-bar. He selected a minature of Glenlivet and poured it into his coffee.

"Fifty-seven. Six in war. Fourteen in self defence." Mal paused. He actually kept track of the taking of lives? She did the math.

"And the other thirty-seven?"

Bryce climbed back into the bed and took the smoke from her scratching his head with no apparent emotion; "For Queen and country and under orders or the assignment at hand. I'm a glorified assassin. I don't relish it and don't think about it. 'Them' or 'Me'. They'd do the same. I have what they call a 'licence to kill' but I don't have permission to die."

Stubbing out the smoke in the bedside ashtray he turned back to her and kissed her softly and slid his hand across her toned belly and pulled her towards him.

"It does have it's benefits."

Mal giggled and flashed her eyes as she wrapped her arms about him; "Well, I make a great therapist." Their lips met and she let out a soft sigh. What was it about the bad men?

:P

As soon as I'm done with 'NCD' I have an appointment with a man called John Bryce 003, and that's a fact :D

Harry

Oh, and by the way MkB. I've always said Bond was jinxed. I mean to lose all those women. But then as the old saying goes: he who plays with fire... :D

#14 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 12:06 AM

And here's a taste of what's to come in HARRY FAWKES' NOBODY CHEATS DEATH :D :

[color="#FF0000"][spoiler]The Double

Edited by Harry Fawkes, 02 January 2008 - 04:50 PM.

#15 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 12:18 AM

Oh, and by the way MkB. I've always said Bond was jinxed. I mean to lose all those women. But then as the old saying goes: he who plays with fire... :P

Yes... But as the other saying goes: "All work and no play makes James a dull boy"... :D

#16 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 12:33 AM

Oh, mark my words my dear friend. Mr. Bond will be playing soon I give you my word :P :D .

Harry

#17 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 02:50 AM

New addition up now.

#18 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 04:06 AM

Nice read Harry and cheers again. :P

Slightly reminicent of "Licence Renewed".

I recall our own Admiral lecturing me in London with 004. His bit of improv at the Hard Rock had everyone of the famed "CBn London Seven" rolling.

"There are times when fandom such as this community need a blunt instrument. The Team and you two are it. That's how it must be. Either one of you have an issue with that?"

Matt and I shared a brief glance and answered with "No Sir. Care for another pint?"

Again, a good read Harry. :D

#19 TheREAL008

TheREAL008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 05:45 PM

On a related note 003, when are you continuing with your fanfic?

#20 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 06:34 PM

Right lads and dolls.
Again I've been at it since the early hours of the morning non stop (smoking galore, drinking coffee and bubbly and only stopping to reflect and solve problems that crop up in the story. Yes, I do have a life but I've put that on hold for the time being.) and I can safely say I have concluded PART TWO: PAY THE DEVIL. I've just posted it so it should be added on sometime tomorrow morning.
I am, I must confess, happy that the first two parts of Nobody Cheats Death is over and done with cause now the good stuff is on its way. The 'play' MkB so finely pointed out, that is, and what I like to call the Bond stuff we Bond fans are so accustomed to (I'll try not to mess it up I promise). Is all I can say is that there will be
Spoiler
(
Spoiler
).
As for now, I'm having a break. Its Saturday night and I'm going out on the drink! I deserve it and am craving for it. The mind needs to relax and it will. As for the body, well we'll just have to see what the evening brings shall we.
I am not going to cut off without thanking Bryce (003) and MkB. You are constantly giving me courage and for that I thank you. I will have a Scotch or two for you Bryce (003) and you MkB tonight.
For now, good night and may your God bless you.

JAMES BOND WILL RETURN IN PART III OF NOBODY CHEATS DEATH

CRISIS TIME

#21 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 02:59 PM

Let the game re-commence!
I am proud to announce that, although I am suffering from an acute hangover :P the first chapter of PART III CRISIS TIME has been submitted for review by the mods. Hopefully it'll be fused in tomorrow morning for your fancies. Hope you all like.

Some of my friends asked me why I'm wasting such a good story on a Bond fan site. The answer? Cause I love Bond too much not to. Punto e basta. :D

Harry Fawkes MRQ

#22 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 11:17 PM

New addition up now.

#23 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 11:43 PM

And here's a little teaser of what's to come tomorrow:

[color="#FF0000"][spoiler]M cleared his throat and continued:

Edited by Harry Fawkes, 02 January 2008 - 04:49 PM.

#24 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 06:22 PM

Hi all.
I know its still a bit early but I just wanted to say happy new year to all (I count two to three at least :P ) of the esteemed readers of NOBODY CHEATS DEATH. Thank you from my heart for reading my work. A writer, someone once told me, does not write just for money. He writes to be read!
NCD is a challenge to me and a lovely challenge because I've always wanted to write my own Bond novel. I am at the moment in the process of publishing a novel I wrote a couple of years ago and that should hit the bookstores soon if the publishing house and myself come to an agreement (Fingers crossed and more of that later, perhaps). The novel I mentioned above gave me much satisfaction but not as much as NCD believe it or not.
Anyway, I am going out to dinner tonight and as soon as I get back and assuming I am not entirely ****** out of my mind I am going to polish up chapter 2 of CRISIS TIME and post it to the mods.

Again Happy New Year

Roger Mulvaney (AKA Harry Fawkes) :D

#25 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 07:20 PM

chapter 2 OPERATION 'NIMROD' has been duly posted 5 minutes ago to the mods. Hope you all like it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Harry Fawkes MRQ

#26 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 09:59 PM

New addition up now.

#27 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 11:55 PM

Have I been at it today! Non stop writing. Just posted Chapter 3 CHASE THE DRAGON and here's the teaser:

[spoiler][color="#FF0000"]Ten minutes later a silver Jet Ranger landed in a field opposite and a big, hulk of a man stepped out carrying a wooden cane. He had the figure of a Summo wrestler so big was he. He was completely bald and a thick scar ran down the left side of his face. He wore a plain short sleeve shirt and grey trousers. His eyes were little black dots on a fat seamless face.
He was, simply, a hideous man.
He walked up to them and grinned widely with thick, dark red lips.

#28 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 07:23 PM

New addition up now.

#29 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 04:35 AM

New addition up now.

#30 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 12:39 PM

Well, I sincerely hope you like what I've dished out so far dear readers (if any at all :D ). I am progressing well and I believe NOBODY CHEATS DEATH will be concluded by next week (Fingers crossed :D ). I will expect, as a return favour (to me for the time and trouble spent on such a novel :P ) to all those who have read NCD and enjoyed doing so, some good criticism and perhaps a few reviews as to what you all thought.

I've included in this post another teaser so read on and wait anxiously for the next chapter:
[spoiler]
[size=3][color="#FF0000"]...She drank some tea and sat down on the armchair opposite.