63 replies to this topic

#61 007Bond

007Bond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:57 AM

The following is a story from BBC News today.... Matt Damon has slammed Bond and his place in modern culture at the recent premiere of THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM.

I think Matt Damon and co should really wait to see how many Jason Bourne films they have made in 45 years before they start bashing Bond... I think TEAM AMERICA got it right.

Good shot ! :cooltongue:

#62 stamper

stamper

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2994 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 03:50 PM

To be frank I had a blast watching Ultimatum, and will get the series on HD DVD in december. Bourne kicks serious ar se, there was of course to me the added pleasure of having one guy I know, playing the killer in the appartment in the first one (you know, the one Bourne fights with a pen ! haha), when I watched that scene (and I should say, the guy playing the baddie, Nicky Naude, is so good at changing looks from film to film I didn't recognise him the first time), I knew we were in for a change, and that Borz Bond was a thing of the past.

There are many Bourne threads on this forum, and I believe they should get their own section. Because Bourne is in it for a lot of the CR success and reboot, it gave the EON team a serious kick in the ar se.

Now, Matt Damon quotes : quotes taken out of context. Some moron journalist ask for the difference between Bourne and Bond or whatever, and the actor has to answer. Matt seems a cool guy, I wouldn't hold him for those quotes, he was merely pointing out the difference between the series, and I believe we should all ease off the Bourne team in threads like these, we play the press game, rather than the filmmakers team one.

Remember the three Bs in the sixties ? They used to be Bond, Batman, Beatles.

Now we have Bond, Bourne, Bauer. The three JBs !

Let's all rejoice, a new golden age is here. No more inter B team haggling please :cooltongue:

#63 LadySylvia

LadySylvia

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1299 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 06:53 PM

Now we have Bond, Bourne, Bauer. The three JBs !

Let's all rejoice, a new golden age is here. No more inter B team haggling please

The only real problem I have that trio is "Bauer". I haven't really enjoyed "24" since Season 3. And that particular season was a little shaky for me . . . especially the first half.

By the way, I just finished with SUPREMACY. Although not as action-oriented as IDENTITY or ULTIMATUM, I thought it had a superior story to ULTIMATUM, and perhaps even IDENTITY.

Edited by LadySylvia, 20 September 2007 - 07:00 PM.

#64 stamper

stamper

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2994 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 07:39 PM

24 season 5 is good, I'm halfway there. What I mean is now all three series thread on the same ground. All stars agents with the JB initials, and hopefully, the 007 series will continue to lead the pack, even if they jumped on the bandwagon a bit late !