Posted Image
Win tickets to the event at London's Empire Cinema

Posted Image
'The film touches on a lot of things we all went through...'

Posted Image
Pre-order online at Amazon.com

Posted Image
Blu-ray title available to order online at discounted price

In this weeks Entertainment Weekly there's a tiny blurb about Daniel Craig where he mentions they hope to start shooting Bond 22 in January 2008, but prior to that, he'll shoot the drama Flashbacks of a fool - "It's a small movie, but very exciting for me because I've been [developing it] for years now".

Can't find any other info about it (well, by that I mean I looked on the imdb and didn't see anything).

#2 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 04:36 AM

Found a small bit here: "She will next work on Bayley Walsh's Flashbacks of a Fool with Daniel Craig..." - Helen McCrory (Wikipedia)

#3 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 09:10 PM

Found a small bit here: "She will next work on Bayley Walsh's Flashbacks of a Fool with Daniel Craig..." - Helen McCrory (Wikipedia)

Good find...I see she was in two previous films with Daniel Craig, Enduring Love and Hotel Splendide. Seems like it'll be a low-budget/indie British drama.

#4 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 09:22 PM

"Flashbacks of A Fool" Maybe it is the story of Secret_007 or net geek. Craig will be playing himself and showing how his performance as 007 put them to shame :cooltongue:

#5 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 09:41 PM

Seems like it'll be a low-budget/indie British drama.

Sounds about right.

#6 LadySylvia

LadySylvia

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1299 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:16 PM

I came across another possible Craig project.

According to EXTRA TVarticle - Eva Longoria As New Bond Girl?- DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES star, Eva Longoria will co-star with Daniel Craig in a new biopic about movie icon, Steve McQueen and his first wife, Neile Adams.

This will be Craig's third biopic, having already portrayed famous British poet, Ted Hughes in SYLVIA and the American killer Perry Smith in the Capote biopic, INFAMOUS. Only this time, Craig will be able to keep his blond locks.

Hmmm . . . Craig as McQueen. The possibilities might be there.

#7 dodge

dodge

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:39 PM

I hope either of these projects replaces the ill-advised Paradise Lost project for Dan. I definitely want to see him shake things up a little--a big project here, a small one there to keep in touch with his roots. Now, again, I feel enthralled.

#8 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 08:39 PM

Now on the CBn main page...

Shooting begins at the end of May in South Africa and London

#9 Mamadou

Mamadou

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 305 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 08:42 PM

What doesn't this man do? He's doing EVERYTHING.

And to think I was worried about his being typecast. Now his career is absolutely dizzying.

As much as I might think he has a chance of literally working himself to death, I also think he should enjoy this time of his life as much as possible. The jobs will never come in these numbers again.

:cooltongue:

#10 dodge

dodge

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 09:13 PM

Dan seems to be spreading himself pretty thin. Let's see, do the math. CR,if I remember, took a little over five months to film. Now it'll have to be a little under five months, giving Craig perhaps a week off between films...then Flashbacks...then God knows what else--meanwhile he'll be obliged to go on tour for Bond.

#11 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 02:31 AM

As much as I might think he has a chance of literally working himself to death, I also think he should enjoy this time of his life as much as possible.

Quite. He certainly knows how to control a successful and busy career.

#12 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 05:44 AM

New film due for release in 2008

#13 dodge

dodge

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 02:05 PM

Has any other Bond worked this hard, and often, in between his Bond films? I can't recall anything like it. Within another year there'll be a transformation in all of the video stores: they'll need a whole Craig shelf to start with.

#14 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 04:44 PM

Connery often had a few non-Bond films between his 007 entries, but Craig seems to definitely be keeping the busiest lately (and this with only a two year break once again). Good for him. :cooltongue:

#15 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 05:06 PM

He is certainly taking advantage of his new found bankability. I'm sure he is getting offers like he never had before.

#16 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 08:24 PM

A few more details on the project: http://www.cinematic...acks-of-a-fool/

#17 LadySylvia

LadySylvia

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1299 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 09:50 PM

Here is an interesting little article about Daniel Craig's filming of his new movie, "Flashbacks of a Fool":

"Daniel Craig Plays It Cool in South Africa"

#18 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 10:12 PM

Here is an interesting little article about Daniel Craig's filming of his new movie, "Flashbacks of a Fool":

Ah, no tight swim trunks in this one, eh? :cooltongue:

#19 LadySylvia

LadySylvia

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1299 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 02:21 AM

Judging from the photos, I don't think he really need those tight swimwear.

#20 RazorBlade

RazorBlade

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1248 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 07:19 AM

I'm so sorry to see that DC isn't getting much work nowadays.

Just kidding DC! :cooltongue:

#21 Eva

Eva

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 12:17 PM

Judging from the photos, I don't think he really need those tight swimwear.

I second that!

I really wish people wouldn't post pictures like that as I come over all girlie - and I want to be a serious fan! He just keeps getting better and better .....

#22 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 08:53 PM

I have just returned from the cinema and caught a trailer for Daniel Craig's new feature, FLASHBACKS OF A FOOL. It looks very much in the mould of ENDURING LOVE complete with YET ANOTHER shot of Mr Craig starkers in a sitting position (you can't tell me Barbara Broccoli was on that set too?!!).

It looks good. As does he in it. Another reason why Bond is still extremely lucky to be bedding down cinematically with an actor of Craig's calibre the series has never really experienced before.

It's also refreshing to see a Bond actor producing work around his stint as 007 that is not a MARS ATTACKS ensemble flick or THE SEA WOLVES actioner shamelessly cashing in on the lead actor's more famous role.

Any thoughts on FLASHBACKS OF A FOOL....? Has anyone seen it yet?

#23 iexpectu2die

iexpectu2die

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 08:56 PM

I'm struggling to find this trailer online - is it around?

#24 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 08:57 PM

[Moderator's Note: Topics merged]

#25 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 09:25 PM

I have just returned from the cinema and caught a trailer for Daniel Craig's new feature, FLASHBACKS OF A FOOL. It looks very much in the mould of ENDURING LOVE complete with YET ANOTHER shot of Mr Craig starkers in a sitting position (you can't tell me Barbara Broccoli was on that set too?!!).

Interesting, I had no idea there was a trailer out. What movie did you see it with?

Edit - Can't seem to find the trailer anywhere on the web, though I found its UK release date : April 18.

#26 dodge

dodge

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:30 PM

It looks good. As does he in it. Another reason why Bond is still extremely lucky to be bedding down cinematically with an actor of Craig's calibre the series has never really experienced before.

It's also refreshing to see a Bond actor producing work around his stint as 007 that is not a MARS ATTACKS ensemble flick or THE SEA WOLVES actioner shamelessly cashing in on the lead actor's more famous role.

Any thoughts on FLASHBACKS OF A FOOL....? Has anyone seen it yet?

Doesn't seem ready for release--on your side of the pond--till April. But here's an advance review (which I'm unable, thanks to Jim, to post in the thread giving Dan credit today!):
The film was not what i expected at all. I was expecting a load of drug taking scenes and thought the whole film would have a "dirty" feel to it such as "Blow" or "Pulp Fiction" but it actually turned out to be a very sensitive film. I was moved by the emotional story of this guy's messed up childhood. I was extremely impressed by Claire Forlani's performance even though she's not in the film for that long. This film will give you goosebumps and a trembling lip from the emotional roller-coaster that is this Flashbacks Of A Fool. Good film. Girls in their 30s to late 40s will prefer it to guys. Great 70s Soundtrack (and that's coming from me, a 23 year old!) The soundtrack album should be really good.

source: IMDb

#27 Bond Bombshell

Bond Bombshell

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 461 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 06:12 PM

Itv.com are claiming to have the net exclusive of the trailer for this film.

http://www.itv.com/E...es/default.html

I don't know if it's a technical problem or the trailer, but all I'm getting is a series of photos to go with the dialogue for about a minute, after which I get moving images. Still looks kinda interesting though.

Edited by Bond Bombshell, 10 March 2008 - 06:37 PM.

#28 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 07:36 PM

Only folks in the UK can watch the trailer - so please anybody - download it for our viewing pleasure :tup:

#29 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 09:34 PM

Looks like it might be quite a good and interesting film, but then I thought the same about ENDURING LOVE, which turned out to be a preposterous, self-regarding, pseudo-intellectual, flashily-photographed and deeply boring Brit drama of the very worst kind.

So this could go either way. As Yoda might put it, difficult to spot from just the trailer, a decent film is.

#30 Bond Bombshell

Bond Bombshell

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 461 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 12:07 AM

If anybody was experiencing the same kind of technical problems here's another ITV link that works better for me -

http://www.itvlocal....on/?void=162791

Double click on the trailer for a bigger picture. This time around I actually got to see the brief glimpses of the naughty bits.

Sorry Germanlady if this link still doesn't work for you, but I can't see any way to download this by either fair means or foul.