233 replies to this topic

#151 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:37 AM

The late Great 'McCartney'. Still miss him. :)

Sorry to hear that, ITMP... He had really beautiful eyes, with a thoughtful look. Looked like a wise cat!

Macca was a smart cat he could mouse like no one's business! He was only 7 but he'd had a rough early life before we got him. He was a food maniac too! Knew how to steal food no bread sack was safe from him! :( He had a wonderful last weekend before he went, nothing but spoiling and lovin' because we knew something was up with him. he gave us hugs that last weekend too. He was happy and ready to go.

We were able to take in a new cat, Miss Eliza Kitty, a stray that lived in the neighbour's shack-like garage. I need to get a picture of her as she's a beautiful cat, orange tabby with bits of gray/black tabby and huge green eyes. She wasn't sure about being indoors at first, I think she'd been dumped when she was not a cute kitten any longer, but now she's loving sleeping on beds and eating all the food she wants. No more snow or rain or having to sleep with one eye open.

I should post more pics, I have more cats! And they all have a story! :)

Only seven? Wow, he looks so much older there. That's the kind of cat I like: a bit of a mysterious past, cheeky, streetwise and full of character.

It's the crumpled ear, and he was a skinny benny, it made him look older. He was full of character! Macca was a thinker. He tried to teach the other cats how to mouse, but they just paw the mice to death ( if we don't intervene.) Macca crunched the up and ate 'em whole, ;) yeah no kisses from him!

#152 Bradley De La Cloche

Bradley De La Cloche

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 10:13 PM

I've got 2 cats (Baby Boo and Lulu). I've got some pictures of them, but I need to upload them onto my computer first.

#153 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:01 PM

I uploaded a couple new pics of my two little Doodle Brudders (that's what we call them as though they aren't kittens or related they act both have a younger mental age and spend all their time together.)

Mister Horatio "Doodle Bear" Hornblower

Posted Image

Horatio's arrival into our home still remains a mystery. My sister and I had lost two very small kittens, they were just too little and weak to survive and we were really angry and mourning. Then two days later my sister goes out to warm up our car and there's a box sitting on the bonnet. Inside are 5 weaned and healthy kittens! She brings them back and in well happiness was soon abounding. Black kittens just before Halloween! All the other kittens were adopted out, except the only male, who we thought was just shy and decided to keep. We named him Horatio. Still have no idea who dropped off the box or how they knew we'd look after the kittens.

He's 4 years old with the mental capacity of a kitten. He didn't learn to play until he was about 2. The other cats (except Sammy) bully him. He likes to be sung to and has two songs he meows to when you sing them "Doodle Bear" Where we just repeat that in a tune, and "His name is Horatio" in which he lives in a tree. :(

Mister Sammy aka Mister Pinkie/Mister Woobie.

Posted Image

Mister Sammy had a sad story at first too. Starting with the fact that poor guy is underdeveloped physically and mentally, his previous owners named him "Stupid" and were packing him off to live on a farm. The fellow who runs the farm means well and his a gentle man, but Sammy was already traumatised enough from not being weaned properly so I said "We'll take him!". And I went and got him right away. He is a sweetheart but very insecure and clingy. The pinkie nickname came from the fact that well it rhymes with dinkie and winkie. And Woobie just came from his incessant need to nurse on blankets and such because he was taken away from his momma too soon. We called it woobie-ing (after the security blanket from the movie Mister Mom).

He and Horatio are best friends and brothers now. Sammy is only 2 but mentally both he and Horatio are the same and they both get bullied too.

#154 Kilroy6644

Kilroy6644

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2063 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:09 PM

My aunt is staying with us for the winter, and one day she found one of our cats sleeping in her bed. That's not at all unusual, but they normally don't tuck themselves in.

Posted Image

#155 Ravenstone

Ravenstone

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 400 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:58 PM

Posted Image
Monty - the big boy. Weighs in at nearly two stone, and he's not fat. Full name - Field Marshall Bernard Law Montgomery, Viscount Alamein

Posted Image
Rommel, Monty's sister. She's been suffering from an incurable pancreatic disorder for the last 12 months. She's now half the size she used to be, but seems to have settled into a routine now. Even so, she's on borrowed time. On the upside, she doesn't seem to be in any distress. Full name, Feld-Marshal Erwin Rommel

Posted Image
Boots. The big fat baby. Weighs in at about a stone and a half, but still thinks he's a tiny kitten. His fur is incredibly long, and he hates being combed. Full name, Sir Arthur Wellesley, Duke of Wellington.

Posted Image
Bodie, Boots' Mom. Although she's Boots' Mom, she's the cat we've had the shortest time. The friend who owned her found she no longer had time for her, and moved to a smaller house, so we took her in. She's the smallest of the bunch, but bullies even Monty, who doesn't really know what to make of her. Full name, Boadiccia

The cats have a military theme :(

Edited by Ravenstone, 10 January 2009 - 09:59 PM.

#156 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:14 PM

Posted Image
Rommel, Monty's sister. She's been suffering from an incurable pancreatic disorder for the last 12 months. She's now half the size she used to be, but seems to have settled into a routine now. Even so, she's on borrowed time. On the upside, she doesn't seem to be in any distress. Full name, Feld-Marshal Erwin Rommel

She may not be in any physical distress but I expect she's suffering some gender confusion at being named Erwin Rommel :(.

#157 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:35 PM

Posted Image
Monty - the big boy. Weighs in at nearly two stone, and he's not fat.

I think it is called a panther... :)
Very cool cats! I like the big, fat ones, especially with a long fur.

My aunt is staying with us for the winter, and one day she found one of our cats sleeping in her bed. That's not at all unusual, but they normally don't tuck themselves in.

Posted Image

Cute! :) I miss sleeping with a cat.
The thing I don't miss, is the said cat waking up at 6 and asking for breakfast... QUIIIIIIIIICK! :(

#158 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 12:29 AM

Some great pictures here! :(

#159 Ravenstone

Ravenstone

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 400 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 12:54 PM

She may not be in any physical distress but I expect she's suffering some gender confusion at being named Erwin Rommel :(.

She is a very confused cat generally :) But she's the only one who's mastered the trick of riding on your shoulders. The other three refuse to even try it. Turn your back on Rommel and she's on the table and wrapped around your neck like a fur stole before you can say "I am an Iams' cat" :)

We do keep thinking that we should take Monty out on the Moors and do some Beast of Bodmin poses. Trouble is, being blue might be a bit of a giveaway.

#160 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:03 PM

I have a new camera.

Posted Image

Zac has to go to the vet tomorrow morning for a myelogram :( .

#161 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 06:17 PM

It was seriously windy today and we went for a walk on the beach.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#162 Ravenstone

Ravenstone

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 400 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 08:19 PM

Posted Image

This is seriously cute! :(

#163 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 09:14 PM

Then you may like this one too - he's laughing! :(

Posted Image

#164 Kilroy6644

Kilroy6644

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2063 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:27 PM

Zac is adorable, Santa.

#165 Ravenstone

Ravenstone

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 400 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 11:38 PM

Ooooo....he's adorable! I want to cuddle him!

#166 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 04:36 PM

With his favourite toy:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#167 Ravenstone

Ravenstone

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 400 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:25 PM

He's a handsome chap.

How did the myelogram go? And what is a myelogram?

#168 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:00 PM

He's a handsome chap.

How did the myelogram go? And what is a myelogram?

:(
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myelogram
And it was put off until this coming Friday, 30th, but thank you for asking :). In case you can't tell, I'm one of those crazy dog ladies, like Carla Lane or BB.

#169 Ravenstone

Ravenstone

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 400 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:00 PM

Aww, poor Zac :( I hope he's okay tomorrow.

I'm a mad cat lady myself, although that's really just because both my partner and I work full time, so having a dog would be unfair. Four cats are rather a handful though.

#170 Kilroy6644

Kilroy6644

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2063 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:59 PM

Four cats are rather a handful though.

Try six.... :(

#171 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:43 PM

After his myelogram on Friday - BALD!!!
Posted Image
It's not a good look...
The vets were very kind, they let me be with him while he went under anaesthetic, wait there while they worked, and then they let me in again before turning off the anaesthetic so I could be with him as he woke, my poor baby. Then they carried him to a big cage in recovery - big enough for me to get right in there with him:
Posted Image
It was still a bit cramped, though. I haven't often been in a cage :(.

#172 Kilroy6644

Kilroy6644

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2063 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:34 AM

Aunt Mary's new dog, Riley.

Posted Image

#173 Kilroy6644

Kilroy6644

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2063 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:40 PM

My little Chessie cat watching The Prisoner with me.

Posted Image

#174 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 11:34 PM

Posted Image

My new baby! I haven't been on because I've had my hands full with my latest puppy!

His name is Paninaro and he's approximately 7-8 months old. He's under weight for his size so I'm fattening him up.

I was listening to the Pet Shop Boy's Paninaro when my mother rang me up saying she just saw a pup get dumped by the side of the road and if I wanted it. OF COURSE I DID!! Turns out he's a pure bred Aussie Shepherd like my older dog Mary Lou, except he's red merle ( I think that's right) and she's a blue merle.

He's an awesome dog! Leash trained, house broken, sweet as can be! He's smart as a whip too, he figured out quickly that Paninaro means him and comes when we call.

I'm angry because he was callously discarded in the middle of nowhere, but at the same time he wouldn't be with me if they hadn't. Even if I'm gone from the room for a minute when I come back he's happy to see me. B) He has new playmates Mary Lou of course and my baby sister's dog Tucker.

#175 Double-0-7

Double-0-7

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3629 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:25 AM

This beast from hell occasionally lives under my bed, but is certainly not my pet. Very strange to look at and live around.

Posted Image

#176 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 08:18 PM

OMFG. What is that?

#177 007luvchild2

007luvchild2

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 08:58 PM

They all look adorable

#178 Navy007Fan

Navy007Fan

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 09:40 PM

This beast from hell occasionally lives under my bed, but is certainly not my pet. Very strange to look at and live around.

Posted Image

That is one evil looking dilute calico!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#179 Ravenstone

Ravenstone

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 400 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:04 PM

Posted Image

That cat looks like evil incarnate. No - Evil Incarnate. He deserves the capitalisation.

I want him!

#180 Cruiserweight

Cruiserweight

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6815 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 05:10 PM

This is Max(Black) & Ramone(Orange)
I pretty much raised them so they're like my babies. Sadly today i move to a new place that doesn't allow pets.
So i had to give them to a No kill shelter foster family.
It's bittersweet in knowing that at least i know they'll be adopted & not put to sleep or end up homeless & if they couldn't have a happy life with me then at least have a happy life with someone else but on the other hand the thought that i'll never see them again brings me to tears everytime.

Taken while waiting for the taxi that took us to the foster family.
Posted Image