#121 Lady Templar

Lady Templar

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1277 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 09:37 PM

Cat

Nice cat, and cute name! :tup: ("Bouloche" means more or less "Fluff", I think)

True ! :(

Cat

Adorable, LT. :)

Thank you :tup:

Here is another one taken a few days ago.

Attached Files

#122 Scrambled Eggs

Scrambled Eggs

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 10:58 PM

Posted Image

Sadly, I've been informed that this fine fellow isn't long for this world. Only a month or so left according to Mr Vet. He'll be missed.

#123 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 11:26 PM

Sadly, I've been informed that this fine fellow isn't long for this world. Only a month or so left according to Mr Vet. He'll be missed.

Sorry to hear that... May he R.I.P. in Cat Heaven!

#124 Kilroy6644

Kilroy6644

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2063 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 11:31 PM

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. :tup:

#125 Cruiserweight

Cruiserweight

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6815 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 11:31 PM

My cockatiel died on the 20th

:-(

#126 Kilroy6644

Kilroy6644

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2063 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 12:05 AM

My cockatiel died on the 20th

:-(

I'm sorry. So far, this hasn't been a good year for pets. We lost a cat a couple of months ago.

#127 bond_girl_double07

bond_girl_double07

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2322 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 03:51 PM

This isn't my dog, but the picture made me laugh so hard that I thought I'd post it here:

Posted Image

look at those googlie eyes!!! :tup:

#128 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 04:04 PM

This is not my cat either, but it soooo him! These cartoons should remind something to all those who share the life of a cat... :tup:

Simon's Cat in: "Cat-man-do"
http://fr.youtube.co...h?v=w0ffwDYo00Q

Simon's Cat in: "Let me in"
http://fr.youtube.co...h?v=4rb8aOzy9t4

#129 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 06:16 PM

Harlow in her favorite spot when she visits my place.

Attached Files

#130 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 09:03 PM

That is one cool cat! :tup:

#131 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 09:43 PM

Posted Image

I've used this before because it makes me laugh. It's my 10 year old dog Mary Lou wearing an Aussie wide awake hat. She's become a camera ham in her older age. I share two dogs and seven cats with my sister. They're all of varying ages from 19 to 2 years old. This is my favourite pet photo through.

#132 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 09:51 PM

Posted Image

Awww. Looks like two of my late cats, Tomas Patrick Gilhooley, and Peter Criss. I lost Mister Tomas at the age of 11 to bad kidneys. Which I later found I could have saved him earlier by making 'parsley tea' for him as I did with another cat with kidney problems, Macca. His brother Mister Criss died of old age of 15 four years later. I promised myself I wouldn't take on anymore kittens except for hard luck cases. So far my services in taking in foster kittens hasn't been needed.

It's tough to lose a friend. :tup:

#133 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 06:00 PM

Dear Father Christmas,
I have been a very good boy this year, so I'm hoping you'll bring me lots of nice pressies. Here is my list:
Juicy bones
A warm, waterproof coat
Delicious biscuits
Cuddles
Wings on my feet to help me catch that damn cat that keeps getting in the woodpile
Thank you for your time,
Zac

Posted Image

#134 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 07:55 PM

Mega is watching...

Attached Files

#135 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:46 PM

Zac in his dressing gown:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is not dog abuse :(. If he's been in the sea or got muddy and had to have a bath, I put this on him if it's too cold or wet to dry off outside. It protects the furniture and rugs and helps him dry, plus he really enjoys wearing it. Honest :).

#136 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 12:03 AM

Zac in his dressing gown:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is not dog abuse :(. If he's been in the sea or got muddy and had to have a bath, I put this on him if it's too cold or wet to dry off outside. It protects the furniture and rugs and helps him dry, plus he really enjoys wearing it. Honest :).

Cute dog Santa. :)

#137 The ides of Mark

The ides of Mark

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 02:09 PM

Here's our cat Tiger! He's a bit heavy (almost 6 pounds) but very sweet and funny...

Attached Files

#138 Joey Bond

Joey Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 09:38 AM

4 of my 5 labrador retrievers (the other one's too fat to climb onto a table) back in Bangkok. They're probably what I miss most about home :(

Attached Files

#139 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 12:46 PM

Here's our cat Tiger! He's a bit heavy (almost 6 pounds) but very sweet and funny...

Cute pic! He looks just as if the carpet has been made to his resemblance :)

And don't worry about the weight... 6 pounds for a cat seems fairly normal to me (my mother's cat was about 15 pounds last time she managed to put the beast on scales... now you can talk about "heavy"! :))

4 of my 5 labrador retrievers (the other one's too fat to climb onto a table) back in Bangkok. They're probably what I miss most about home :D

5 labradors? That's quite a pack of dogs! :) A friend of mine had a female labrador who once had something like 6 or 7 puppies (which was not really planned nor welcome initially)... I remember his house being completely ransacked by the cute little things! ;) I hope for you your dogs are quieter :( Anyway, they look very good!

#140 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 05:14 PM

Posted Image

The late Great 'McCartney'. Still miss him. :(

#141 The ides of Mark

The ides of Mark

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 08:59 PM

Cute pic! He looks just as if the carpet has been made to his resemblance :)

And don't worry about the weight... 6 pounds for a cat seems fairly normal to me (my mother's cat was about 15 pounds last time she managed to put the beast on scales... now you can talk about "heavy"! :()

Thanks MkB, but I made a huge mistake with his waight... He's almost 11 kilo's (that's how we measure waight in Holland 99% of the time). That would make about 20 pounds :) Here's another pic!

Attached Files

• Attached File  007m.gif   68.78KB   18 downloads

#142 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 11:11 PM

The late Great 'McCartney'. Still miss him. :)

Sorry to hear that, ITMP... He had really beautiful eyes, with a thoughtful look. Looked like a wise cat!

Thanks MkB, but I made a huge mistake with his waight... He's almost 11 kilo's (that's how we measure waight in Holland 99% of the time). That would make about 20 pounds :( Here's another pic!

Ouch! 20 pounds... Now, that's quite a cat! :) But frankly, he does look rather fit for his weight ;)

#143 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 11:17 PM

Sorry to hear that, ITMP... He had really beautiful eyes, with a thoughtful look. Looked like a wise cat!

Macca was a smart cat he could mouse like no one's business! He was only 7 but he'd had a rough early life before we got him. He was a food maniac too! Knew how to steal food no bread sack was safe from him! :( He had a wonderful last weekend before he went, nothing but spoiling and lovin' because we knew something was up with him. he gave us hugs that last weekend too. He was happy and ready to go.

We were able to take in a new cat, Miss Eliza Kitty, a stray that lived in the neighbour's shack-like garage. I need to get a picture of her as she's a beautiful cat, orange tabby with bits of gray/black tabby and huge green eyes. She wasn't sure about being indoors at first, I think she'd been dumped when she was not a cute kitten any longer, but now she's loving sleeping on beds and eating all the food she wants. No more snow or rain or having to sleep with one eye open.

I should post more pics, I have more cats! And they all have a story! :)

#144 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 11:47 PM

Indeed! :)

It makes me think: I visited this place last week, and I wanted to share it with you:
http://www.romancats.com/
It's a cat shelter in Rome, where about 250 cats live in the very center of the City, right among archeological excavations and ancient ruins of roman temples (it is called the Area Sacra di Torre Argentina).
Posted Image
Rome is famous for its stray cats colonies, but they sometimes live the hard life in a modern, urban environment... The oldest, or most disabled or ill cats particularly find a shelter at Torre Argentina.

Many international volunteers help at this cat shelter, and international adoptions are also encouraged, be it "real" adoption (Roman cats can be shipped worldwide :() or what they call "distance adoption": cats that have few chance of getting adopted "for real" are proposed for distance adoption, where adopters send some money for the cat and get some special news and photos from the shelter.
If you want to help, you can pay a visit to their boutique, or consider "distance adoption"! ;)

#145 Scrambled Eggs

Scrambled Eggs

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 11:48 PM

Macca was a smart cat he could mouse like no one's business! He was only 7 but he'd had a rough early life before we got him. He was a food maniac too! Knew how to steal food no bread sack was safe from him! :( He had a wonderful last weekend before he went, nothing but spoiling and lovin' because we knew something was up with him. he gave us hugs that last weekend too. He was happy and ready to go.

We were able to take in a new cat, Miss Eliza Kitty, a stray that lived in the neighbour's shack-like garage. I need to get a picture of her as she's a beautiful cat, orange tabby with bits of gray/black tabby and huge green eyes. She wasn't sure about being indoors at first, I think she'd been dumped when she was not a cute kitten any longer, but now she's loving sleeping on beds and eating all the food she wants. No more snow or rain or having to sleep with one eye open.

Only seven? Wow, he looks so much older there. That's the kind of cat I like: a bit of a mysterious past, cheeky, streetwise and full of character.

#146 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 11:50 PM

We woke up to snow in Portland this morning so here is a picture of my dog (Sasha the Husky) and my wife's dog Cooper (King Charles Spaniel).
Posted Image

#147 Scrambled Eggs

Scrambled Eggs

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 11:54 PM

We woke up to snow in Portland this morning so here is a picture of my dog (Sasha the Husky) and my wife's dog Cooper (King Charles Spaniel).
Posted Image

Crikey, whats it like having a Husky as a pet? Am I right in thinking that they constantly want exercise?

#148 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:03 AM

Crikey, whats it like having a Husky as a pet? Am I right in thinking that they constantly want exercise?

When she was younger she was quite the handful (she ate 2 recliners and pulled up our carpet). She is 7 now and has mellowed considerably but still loves her exercise. She is my princess. She is also HIGHLY intelligent. I have had dogs most of my life and have never seen a smarter dog. I have tons of stories. She is like a canine Houdini. We have never been able to confine her to an area without her finding a way out.

#149 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:08 AM

She is like a canine Houdini.

Looks like the perfect Zen-dog for Zencat! :(

#150 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:27 AM

Indeed! :)

It makes me think: I visited this place last week, and I wanted to share it with you:
http://www.romancats.com/
It's a cat shelter in Rome, where about 250 cats live in the very center of the City, right among archeological excavations and ancient ruins of roman temples (it is called the Area Sacra di Torre Argentina).
Posted Image
Rome is famous for its stray cats colonies, but they sometimes live the hard life in a modern, urban environment... The oldest, or most disabled or ill cats particularly find a shelter at Torre Argentina.

Many international volunteers help at this cat shelter, and international adoptions are also encouraged, be it "real" adoption (Roman cats can be shipped worldwide :() or what they call "distance adoption": cats that have few chance of getting adopted "for real" are proposed for distance adoption, where adopters send some money for the cat and get some special news and photos from the shelter.
If you want to help, you can pay a visit to their boutique, or consider "distance adoption"! ;)

That sounds like a good cause! I'll check it out!

Posted Image

Here's my 'Big Pig' Iggy Pop aka Piggy. He was a starving tiny stray kitten when I snatched him up and took him home about 3 years ago, that's why he's called Iggy, but he's such a big boy now we call him Piggy. He's my lover boy!