66 replies to this topic

#61 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 10:03 PM

Often wonder how he would have done GE and the rest? I watch Pierces' films and try to imagine Tim in them and I say to myself, "naah, he would have done that scene so much better." Although GE was a decent Brozzer film mind you.

I too obviously wish he had stayed on for more, but if the alternative had been having him star in the Brosnan films, I'm kind of glad he resigned from the role. The mixed quality of these movies might have influenced the way I look at him the way it does with my view on Brosnan, i.e. not for the better (though Tim was a twenty times better Bond than Pierce, as much as I like him too).

He'd likely have made GoldenEye better, though, but I can't help imagining he'd have had a rather embarrased look throughout TND (it's a film beneath him in every way). TWINE would no doubt have been significantly improved with him (I wouldn't even have cared if he was too old at that point), and DAD would have been considerably worse if it starred him, due to his age and the fact that it's a Brosnan film through and through.

Great points Ghost. B)

#62 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:33 AM

GE is really the only Brosnan film I could see Timothy in, obviously with some tweaking. TND, TWINE, and especially DAD, are too suited for Brosnan. They would need a big overhaul before I could really imagine him in any of them, though TND of all of them is probably the only one I could even begin to think of it.

#63 byline

byline

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:25 PM

GE is really the only Brosnan film I could see Timothy in, obviously with some tweaking. TND, TWINE, and especially DAD, are too suited for Brosnan. They would need a big overhaul before I could really imagine him in any of them, though TND of all of them is probably the only one I could even begin to think of it.

I agree. I really can't see Dalton in any of Brosnan's films (except for "GoldenEye"). As much as I enjoy Moore in this one, and consider it his most well-developed foray into the Bond character, I think that "For Your Eyes Only" would've been vastly improved with Dalton in the role.

#64 The Ghost Who Walks

The Ghost Who Walks

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:11 AM

Often wonder how he would have done GE and the rest? I watch Pierces' films and try to imagine Tim in them and I say to myself, "naah, he would have done that scene so much better." Although GE was a decent Brozzer film mind you.

I too obviously wish he had stayed on for more, but if the alternative had been having him star in the Brosnan films, I'm kind of glad he resigned from the role. The mixed quality of these movies might have influenced the way I look at him the way it does with my view on Brosnan, i.e. not for the better (though Tim was a twenty times better Bond than Pierce, as much as I like him too).

He'd likely have made GoldenEye better, though, but I can't help imagining he'd have had a rather embarrased look throughout TND (it's a film beneath him in every way). TWINE would no doubt have been significantly improved with him (I wouldn't even have cared if he was too old at that point), and DAD would have been considerably worse if it starred him, due to his age and the fact that it's a Brosnan film through and through.

Great points Ghost. B)

Thanks mate. :tdown:

I think TND could have been a decent Dalton veichle, thinking about it. They would probably have gotten rid of a lot of the worst lines if he was in it, or so I imagine. I can also see the subplot with Bond and Parvis Carver having been handled much better if the film had been written with Timothy in mind.

#65 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 01:49 AM

I've always thought that the single most "smiley" moment of any Bond was at the end of GE when Brosnan picks up Natalya. He beams ear to ear, and I was always mixed on my feelings about it. On one side I didn't think Bond should have such a wide smile, but on the other, it was a 'new' Bond and with the mission over, having been what he had gone through, I thought the man was entitled to a little relaxed fun.

Good point. He is also smiling broadly when "bombing along" in the car with Natalya, just before Wade flies overhead.

#66 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 02:00 AM

Great points Ghost. B)

I think TND could have been a decent Dalton veichle, thinking about it. They would probably have gotten rid of a lot of the worst lines if he was in it, or so I imagine. I can also see the subplot with Bond and Parvis Carver having been handled much better if the film had been written with Timothy in mind.

Indeed TND could be decent but even written with him in mind it would not have been fantastic. Probably one his weaker films, if not the weakest. Honestly I almost would rather see him in a tweaked version of his planned 3rd film for a post-GE flick.

#67 The Ghost Who Walks

The Ghost Who Walks

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 08:38 AM

Great points Ghost. B)

Indeed TND could be decent but even written with him in mind it would not have been fantastic. Probably one his weaker films, if not the weakest. Honestly I almost would rather see him in a tweaked version of his planned 3rd film for a post-GE flick.

I don't know, I rather like the idea behind that film, actually, as outlandish as it is. I think it would've been a much better movie if it was done more in the style of LTK, with more grittiness, an improved script and better developed characters (and a villain who can actually menace somebody).