102 replies to this topic

#31 Bon-san

Bon-san

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4124 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 01:34 AM

I guess we should just dispense with the Spoilers section of the forums, then?

#32 Agent Spriggan Ominae

Agent Spriggan Ominae

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 06:29 AM

Apparently they are to be blown up, but I thought this went against what MC sai about there being only 1 explosion.

That goes against what the script says as well, cause
Spoiler
and that's pretty central to the plot (which is why I think your girlfriend's relative may be a little off-target there).

However, if EON has somehow actually changed that, I'll be more than a little unhappy. The sequence is great and intense as is, and mainly because of the absence of any fireworks.

I had heard from someone who clamined to be an insider(this was before I read the script and what he told me jives with what I read) that SONY was pushing to have a few more explosions or f/x in the film, one sequence in particular the MIA bit. according to the main article about Dunsfold there will be a few pyrotechnic explosions f/x in the sequence. This could be used for the bit where...

Spoiler

I wouldn't be suprised if the sequence has evloved or devolved on how you look at it. But didn't they say that they extended the shoot because they like Dunsfold so much. It wouldn't be too hard to throw in an explosion or two. IMO I wouldn't mind if they threw in another explosion or two but it does take away some of the novelty of the sequence.

#33 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 06:36 AM

Apparently they are to be blown up, but I thought this went against what MC sai about there being only 1 explosion.

That goes against what the script says as well, cause
Spoiler
and that's pretty central to the plot (which is why I think your girlfriend's relative may be a little off-target there).

However, if EON has somehow actually changed that, I'll be more than a little unhappy. The sequence is great and intense as is, and mainly because of the absence of any fireworks.

I dunno, I'd actually say the whole point is that

Spoiler

I really think this thread (or at least the spoiler portion of it) should be moved to the spoiler section, this is getting out of hand.

#34 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 07:09 AM

Done. Better like that.

#35 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 03:44 PM

I wouldn't be suprised if the sequence has evloved or devolved on how you look at it. But didn't they say that they extended the shoot because they like Dunsfold so much. It wouldn't be too hard to throw in an explosion or two. IMO I wouldn't mind if they threw in another explosion or two but it does take away some of the novelty of the sequence.

As it's written, it's just so awesome without the fireworks that I wouldn't want it. It's very intense, and that final moment is sooooo cool that I'd really want it preserved for the final film.

#36 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 09:52 PM

Did you see the Petrol tanker? An interesting thing is the Mercedes crashing into the bendy-bus. It's possible that could be the make of the tanker truck.

No- the bendy-bus is what we call those tranfer buses that are articulated in the middle; you often see them in airports for taking the passengers to the planes.
No sign of a tanker truck, no- I had heard before that one featured in this sequence but as far as I could see they didn't have any vehicles out during the day.

#37 Agent Spriggan Ominae

Agent Spriggan Ominae

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 02:16 AM

As it's written, it's just so awesome without the fireworks that I wouldn't want it. It's very intense, and that final moment is sooooo cool that I'd really want it preserved for the final film.

The only reason I would have for leaving the sequence the way it is, is that the final shot(pun intened for those who know what I mean :tup: ) is soooo damn cool! If they plan on having it blow up instead than that would require a major retooling of how the sequence ends. Not sure how they are going to pull this off. Perhaps it's another tanker that blows up in the sequence or someone got the facts wrong and the sequence is still sans "fireworks". On the other side I like big bangs in my Bond films. The problem with the Brosnan era films was the explosion excess with almost every action scene having something go bang or boom and with so much nothing really stood out. The old Bond films had, usually only 2 or 3 explosions in the films but they were big, grand, OTT, and saved for the money shots like Dr. No's island or Bond igniting the gas barrels and taking out the Spectre fleet in FRWL. Those were memorable. I would be all for one more big spectacular explosion in CR, and the MIA sequence seems like the best place for it. A massive explosion involving a PETROL tanker on an airport tarmac, at NIGHT on top of that. Could be truly spectacular and an explosion junkies dream and should compensate for the lack of explosions in the rest of the film. Either way I could live it how it turns out.

Did you see the Petrol tanker? An interesting thing is the Mercedes crashing into the bendy-bus. It's possible that could be the make of the tanker truck.

No- the bendy-bus is what we call those tranfer buses that are articulated in the middle; you often see them in airports for taking the passengers to the planes.
No sign of a tanker truck, no- I had heard before that one featured in this sequence but as far as I could see they didn't have any vehicles out during the day.

Yeah, it jives with the script, with the whole bendy-bus or "Catapiller bus" as it was refered to in the script. Also what you said earlier with the luggage strewn on the runway. Still woundering about the Mercedes crashing into the bus, going by the script it has to be the tanker or a tow tug unlesss the Mercedes is the make of a security vehicle, although only the tanker and tow tug crash through the bus as far as I know.

#38 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 12:24 PM

Oh I see- sorry I misunderstood what you meant by make of the tanker. Yes, you could be right.

Are there explosions in the script? Because residents have been warned of a small number of explosions in a couple of weeks.

#39 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 04:01 PM

Are there explosions in the script? Because residents have been warned of a small number of explosions in a couple of weeks.

In that sequence, I don't remember any. I suppose there might be in the script (I'll have to check) but none are stated. Certainly nothing like a petrol tanker exploding.

#40 Agent Spriggan Ominae

Agent Spriggan Ominae

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 09:12 PM

Oh I see- sorry I misunderstood what you meant by make of the tanker. Yes, you could be right.

No proplem, and going by the script there are no explosions in the sequence, but as said before it's possible these small explosions will be f/x charges used to create the effect where some tires get shot out or maybe for some of the various collisions with airport vehicles on the tarmac.

#41 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 05:15 AM

Small explosions eh? Doesnt sound like a tanker blowing up now does it :tup: Let's hope our fears have been laid to rest.

Man I'd really love to get to see some footage of this sequence.

#42 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 08:40 AM

Small explosions eh? Doesnt sound like a tanker blowing up now does it :tup:

You read it wrong- 'a small number of controlled explosions' was the phrasing: not small explosions.

#43 Agent Spriggan Ominae

Agent Spriggan Ominae

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 09:14 AM

You read it wrong- 'a small number of controlled explosions' was the phrasing: not small explosions.

Hmmmm, I guess you could consider a single petrol tanker going up, a "small number of explosions". Alot of evidence is starting to point to the seqence being slighty altered. It seems they are extending the shoot at Dunsfold to get more shots to expand the sequence and had to get more permits, perhaps for last minute rewrites to include some fireworks. Maybe the tanker won't blow up but there will be someother vehicles or maybe some structure on the airfeild that gets blown up.

#44 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 02:46 PM

Geez who cares?! So I typed it out wrong, big freaking deal.

#45 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 03:19 PM

Geez who cares?! So I typed it out wrong, big freaking deal.

Um.. it was sort of the point of your post... not a spelling mistake. You can have a small number of huge explosions and a huge number of small explosions- quite a difference.

#46 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 07:25 PM

It is a little irritating when someone comes in and has to point out others mistakes. I meant the same thing, just forget one word is all.

#47 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 07:38 PM

It is a little irritating when someone comes in and has to point out others mistakes. I meant the same thing, just forget one word is all.

:D I quite agree, man you guys crack me with your technicalness (I invented that word, btw) but about the airport, I haven't read the script but from what I have read on the boards, it seems as though a massive explosion would ruin the jist of the sequence. If one or two smaller explosions were to happen (like the tires that all of you have been discussing or some grenades or something) were to go off it may actually enhance the sequence in a way. If I actually knew how the stunt was actually mapped out I may be of more use to your discussion (hint hint :tup: ) but in the mean time I'll stand by with what I stated earlier...

#48 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 09:09 PM

But your meaning was that a small number of explosions can't include a tanker exploding, when of corse it can. One, big explosion is still a small number of explosions.

#49 Bon-san

Bon-san

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4124 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 09:15 PM

But your meaning was that a small number of explosions can't include a tanker exploding, when of corse it can. One, big explosion is still a small number of explosions.

I guess a small number of explosions can include a tanker exploding, when the Union Corse is involved.

That was the point of your post right?

:tup:

#50 Lionheart

Lionheart

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 05:13 PM

I did take some photos; I'll have a look at them and get any choice bits online if I can.

So... how

#51 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 03:58 PM

I guess a small number of explosions can include a tanker exploding, when the Union Corse is involved.

That was the point of your post right?

:tup:

The atomic bombs dropped on Japan in WW2 were a

#52 Agent Spriggan Ominae

Agent Spriggan Ominae

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 07:27 AM

http://groups.msn.co...to&PhotoID=4675

Here it is! The first pic from this sequence I found over at Dedicated to Daniel. You have to join or be part of the group to view it though. It shows Craig in his leather jacket walking on what looks like the tarmac with the much talked about Petrol tanker right behind him.

#53 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 09:29 AM

With some serious kneepads by the look of it!

Hmm... might have to start hanging around the pub by the airfield...

#54 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 10:15 AM

With some serious kneepads by the look of it!

The last think they want is another

#55 I Like Sharks

I Like Sharks

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 291 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 12:05 PM

http://groups.msn.co...to&PhotoID=4675

Here it is! The first pic from this sequence I found over at Dedicated to Daniel. You have to join or be part of the group to view it though. It shows Craig in his leather jacket walking on what looks like the tarmac with the much talked about Petrol tanker right behind him.

Can you post it for those of us who don't want to sign up as members?

#56 Agent Spriggan Ominae

Agent Spriggan Ominae

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 08:06 AM

http://groups.msn.co...mp;PhotoID=4675

Sorry, I would if I could but I can't. Don't know how to or if I would have permiision if I did. If someone else can it would be greatly appreciated. They have added four new pics from the sequence. They are of Craig clinging to a strut on the side of the tanker with all kinds of camera rigs and such.

http://groups.msn.co...nd.msnw?Page=27

#57 Whalltt

Whalltt

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 09:23 AM

I would appreciate that as well. Surely someone can post them here.

#58 I Like Sharks

I Like Sharks

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 291 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 10:06 AM

I would appreciate that as well. Surely someone can post them here.

I tried applying a few days ago and it's surprisingly straightforward. Just a quick sign up form. I didn't get an e-mail to say I could now get access but when I tried the next day, I could view the picture/s.

The photos themselves are quite good. 3 pics of Daniel Craig clinging onto the side of a (presumably) moving airport petrol tanker with rigging clearly visible. Nothing that special but this should make a good sequence on film.

#59 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 02:59 PM

Interesting lighting on that camera.

#60 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 03:36 PM

And we have our answer about the explosions (courtesy of Chris Corbould in MAXIM):

"So when you watch the Miami airport scene where 757s explode left and right, sit happy in the knowledge that untold pounds of C4 gave their lives for your viewing pleasure."

So much for only one explosion. This film now features tons more given both this sequence and the free-running sequence. Oh well.