Pierce: nuh uh, step off bitch...

#63 killkenny kid

killkenny kid

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6607 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 01:58 AM

Okay, I have this idea for a movie. A long time feud between two actors gets worse, when a new actor get the role they use to play...... Oh, no Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau did that back in 1993.

#64 Monique

Monique

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 94 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 02:13 AM

I think we should all just keep our mouths shut until we see the entire interview and the context in which the answer falls. 

I mean, we really don't even know what the question is!

That said, Pierce Brosnan is a human being that has been asked to respond to questions honestly.  If someone asks me a question I'm going to tell the truth as I see it.  I think Brosnan feels the same way for the most part and we can't really blame a guy for telling it like he sees it.  I'd rather read an interview that's real than an interview that is just a pile of PR garbage.

View Post

Wow...you are the only one on this whole thread that gave Pierce the benefit of the doubt. Thank you for pointing the glaring fact that is was taken out of context and we have no idea what was really said. I see Pierce bashing is still very much in favor around here. Too bad.

#65 killkenny kid

killkenny kid

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6607 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 02:24 AM

[quote name='Monique' date='3 November 2005 - 21:13'][quote name='mccartney007' date='3 November 2005 - 18:51']I think we should all just keep our mouths shut until we see the entire interview and the context in which the answer falls.

#66 Monique

Monique

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 94 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 02:30 AM

Yeah, you are right! Exactly why so many Pierce fans have left this site.

#67 killkenny kid

killkenny kid

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6607 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 02:32 AM

Yeah, you are right!  Exactly why so many Pierce fans have left this site.

View Post

They willn't get me. :)

#68 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 03:07 AM

I think we should all just keep our mouths shut until we see the entire interview and the context in which the answer falls. 

View Post

Yes, that is certainly fair enough.

#69 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 03:23 AM

George wasn't a proper actor, and he started the negative comments regarding Pierce.

View Post

Thats actually not true. Lazenby was responding to a comment from Pierce.

#70 killkenny kid

killkenny kid

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6607 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 03:31 AM

George wasn't a proper actor, and he started the negative comments regarding Pierce.

View Post

Thats actually not true. Lazenby was responding to a comment from Pierce.

View Post

I don't know about that. What I do know is, Lazenby and Burt Reynolds was talking this girlie Bond crap back in 1995.

#71 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 03:55 AM

The Aussie actor starred in the 1969 flop On Her Majesty's Secret Service -- which Brosnan described recently as "sad."

View Post

See, Lazenby was responding to a comment from Brosnan.

#72 B5Erik

B5Erik

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 465 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 04:46 AM

OK, here's the only way to settle this....

CELEBRITY BOXING! Bond VS Bond, Lazenby VS Brosnan - live on the USA cable network! It would be a ratings bonanza!

Oddsmakers have Brosnan as a 2-1 favorite, but Lazenby's been working out and has a real chip on his shoulder, so watch out!

Now, seriously guys, can't we all just get along?

:)

Edited by B5Erik, 04 November 2005 - 04:47 AM.

#73 MrDraco

MrDraco

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1138 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 05:00 AM

You know, i'd really like to sign Connery, Brosnan, George, and Tom to a reality show called 'Beyond Bond.' and put them in a house living with each other..cuz its leading to this name say :)

#74 DavidSomerset

DavidSomerset

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 05:18 AM

The funny thing is that Lazenby played the character better in his one film than Brosnan did in his four.

View Post

What! Did I see the same movie that you did? Lazenby is a wooden actor. Period. He is more wooden than the whole bloody Amazon rainforest. If they pulp Lazenby they will make enough paper to last a whole year.
Pierce is the guy who brought back Bond to life. Lazenby almost killed him. Even Dalton was better than Lazenby.
Just because the movie OHMSS is a classic ( yes, it is good but could have been a masterpiece with Connery in it), doesnt mean that Lazenby is good.

#75 GreggAllinson

GreggAllinson

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 286 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 05:26 AM

http://commanderbond...item&item=26731

This doesn't seem like something he would say...

View Post

If, as the article suggests, Lazenby started the War of the Words, then Pierce was well within his rights to "retaliate". Yes, he could've taken the high road and just shrugged Lazenby's comments off, but at the end of the day, Pierce is only human.

That said- and I know I'm probably saying this in the wrong place, but I really do believe it- Lazenby was the better Bond...

#76 DavidSomerset

DavidSomerset

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 05:33 AM

[quote name='GreggAllinson' date='4 November 2005 - 13:26']
[quote name='Qwerty' date='3 November 2005 - 18:46']http://commanderbond...item&item=26731

..... but I really do believe it- Lazenby was the better Bond...

View Post

[/quote]
Maybe Babs and Michael have been listening to Lazenby lovers and hence intent on making the biggest 007 flop with this JB Begins concept. Maybe they are trying to see how much money they can lose with this flop. Will it be worse (financially) than LTK? Poor Craig will be left without a career after November 2006.
Bond is not Bond without Hollowed Volcanoes. And sharks with frikking lasers.

Edited by DavidSomerset, 04 November 2005 - 05:35 AM.

#77 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 05:59 AM

If, as the article suggests, Lazenby started the War of the Words, then Pierce was well within his rights to "retaliate".  Yes, he could've taken the high road and just shrugged Lazenby's comments off, but at the end of the day, Pierce is only human.

That said- and I know I'm probably saying this in the wrong place, but I really do believe it- Lazenby was the better Bond...

View Post

I agree...and look above - Brosnan started this and in 1995 Lazzenby was responding to a comment from Pierce Brosnan.

#78 DavidSomerset

DavidSomerset

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 06:05 AM

Ok, saying this once more to be clear -
Lazenby is a wooden actor. Period. He is more wooden than the whole bloody Amazon rainforest. If they pulp Lazenby they will make enough paper to last a whole year.

Repeat and rinse.

See Brosnan in Tailor of Panama and then tell me that Lazenby is better than Brosnan.

#79 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 06:10 AM

Really wish that they both sod off and leave us alone.

#80 AnGer 007

AnGer 007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 210 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 07:43 AM

I don't believe a word of it.

Pierce Brosnan said in a past interview that he thinks that George Lazenby did a terrific job in OHMSS considering the fact that he [Lazenby] was a model and not a professional actor.

And why is everyone suddenly name-calling Pierce?

#81 level007

level007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 07:47 AM

well fo those who are saying, laz was a better actor than Brosnan, or the reverse. You may forget that in the bond world, The actor is only here to play. If Bond was did have a feminine side in the Brosnan movies, it's not Brosnan fault, it's more of the producers in my view. And if OHMSS is that good, it's not because of Lazenby in my view (i have nothing against him) but because the book was so good, and becaue Peter hunt directed it,etc.

A bad bond movie with a good bond actor will still be a bad movie.

About Brosnan, let the guy have a rest, honestly. The producers just throw him in the garbage without any notice, it's not that easy to leave that kind of role, specialy whwen a lot of people likes you, and that you always wanted different bond movies (more realistic) and then when the producers agreed, they say to you "leave now, your expiracy date is over (liek a freakin' yoghourt...).

You know what, i think that the day were Brosnan was a cool nice guy are over. I think he is going to be harder now. i have this feeling that now that he is not bond anymore, he'll do the connery way.

#82 Carver

Carver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1470 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 12:20 PM

Pierce is the guy who brought back Bond to life. Lazenby almost killed him. Even Dalton was better than Lazenby.
Just because the movie OHMSS is a classic ( yes, it is good but could have been a masterpiece with Connery in it), doesnt mean that Lazenby is good.

View Post

Ouch, that's going to offend a lot of Daltonites here. I totally agree with you about Lazenby though, I really can't see how people believe he was better than Brosnan. IMO, Brosnan was the perfect Bond, only just behind Connery as he was the original and best. I grew up with Brosnan as Bond and I think his played the part brilliantly. Lazenby simply couldn't act, and that's a major downer from a brilliant film. He just couldn't do it, his face stayed the same for most of the time, not showing any emotion or anything. Brosnan was way better, miles ahead.

#83 David Schofield

David Schofield

Commander

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3026 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 12:25 PM

[quote name='Carver' date='4 November 2005 - 12:20']
[/quote]
Ouch, that's going to offend a lot of Daltonites here. I totally agree with you about Lazenby though, I really can't see how people believe he was better than Brosnan. IMO, Brosnan was the perfect Bond, only just behind Connery as he was the original and best. I grew up with Brosnan as Bond and I think his played the part brilliantly. Lazenby simply couldn't act, and that's a major downer from a brilliant film. He just couldn't do it, his face stayed the same for most of the time, not showing any emotion or anything. Brosnan was way better, miles ahead.

View Post

[/quote]

Mm, I don't intend to start a Brozza-slag fest here, but I'm sorry Lazenby's delivery of the proposal to Tracy and the final lines in OHMSS are far more convincing than Brozza's emotional efforts, to wit the beach scene in Goldeneye and the Elektra scenes in TWINE.

#84 Carver

Carver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1470 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 12:52 PM

Mm, I don't intend to start a Brozza-slag fest here, but I'm sorry Lazenby's delivery of the proposal to Tracy and the final lines in OHMSS are far more convincing than Brozza's emotional efforts, to wit the beach scene in Goldeneye and the Elektra scenes in TWINE.

View Post

I can see your point there. Lazneby has said that he had a copy of OHMSS open in front of his as he filmed that scene and so he obviously has the advantage over Brosnan in that it was already written for him. IMO, any of the other Bond actors could have done that scene (I always imagine Connery doing it), but fair play to George- he didn't do it as badly as he acted throughout the rest of the film. Brosnan's emotional scene in Goldeneye was terrible I reckon, one of the bad parts of a great film. I couldn't see much attachment between Bond and Natalya, she was just another pretty face and the scene just didn't work. The scenes with Elektra weren't done so badly, but obviously Bond's relationship with her had been written specifically for that film, so the Tracy scene was far superior.

#85 David Schofield

David Schofield

Commander

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3026 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 12:56 PM

View Post

I can see your point there. Lazneby has said that he had a copy of OHMSS open in front of his as he filmed that scene and so he obviously has the advantage over Brosnan in that it was already written for him. IMO, any of the other Bond actors could have done that scene (I always imagine Connery doing it), but fair play to George- he didn't do it as badly as he acted throughout the rest of the film. Brosnan's emotional scene in Goldeneye was terrible I reckon, one of the bad parts of a great film. I couldn't see much attachment between Bond and Natalya, she was just another pretty face and the scene just didn't work. The scenes with Elektra weren't done so badly, but obviously Bond's relationship with her had been written specifically for that film, so the Tracy scene was far superior.

View Post

Take your point - Laz did have a far better script to work from than Brozza, of course, much of it from Fleming.

#86 YOLT

YOLT

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1533 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 01:44 PM

Lazenby is just woodden. He is no actor. He was killing the franchise. Out of the 5 Bonds he is the worst and next year he will be the sixth. Connery Moore and Dalton has the right to say something about Brosnan but that tree doesnt. He cant act.

#87 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 01:55 PM

Lazenby is just woodden. He is no actor. He was killing the franchise. Out of the 5 Bonds he is the worst and next year he will be the sixth. Connery Moore and Dalton has the right to say something about Brosnan but that tree doesnt. He cant act.

View Post

LazenTree?

Me may not agree, but me like!

#88 JameswpBond

JameswpBond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 348 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 02:44 PM

They both had one film each that I enjoyed but I prefered George Lazenbys' accent so I'm on George Lazenbys' side.

#89 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 03:11 PM

View Post

What about the film, On Her Majesty’s Secret Service, itself?

#90 Kara Milovy

Kara Milovy

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 04:49 PM

[quote name='Monique' date='3 November 2005 - 21:13'][quote name='mccartney007' date='3 November 2005 - 18:51']I think we should all just keep our mouths shut until we see the entire interview and the context in which the answer falls.