3181 replies to this topic

#3121 Eric Stromberg

Eric Stromberg

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 06:27 PM

There was really no other acceptable or conceivable outcome in this situation. Denver had to win this game, or get stuck with the ultimate choker reputation and a tarnished end to Manning's Bronco career. It was do or die for us, and we pulled it off.

What I did not expect was a dominant ass-whipping. Maybe Cam will do one of those Superman dances later today when he poops the couple of molars he swallowed during the sack fest. After getting treated like a rag doll in this game, I bet he uses the memory of this crushing defeat to win his next Super Bowl opportunity...and maybe he dances a little less in the future.

GO BRONCOS

#3122 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:33 PM

I'm thinking (or at least I HOPE) that this is staged...but if not, OH DEAR!! :D

#3123 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 12:19 AM

Congrats on the SB win The dove. I picked Denver to win and now I'm pissed I didn't place a bet. Denver's defense was incredible, Defense wins championships™.

#3124 Hockey Mask

Hockey Mask

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1027 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 03:05 PM

I was rooting for Denver but wasn't expecting it. I should have had more respect for the defense after what they did to the Patriots.

#3125 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:02 PM

Congrats on the SB win The dove. I picked Denver to win and now I'm pissed I didn't place a bet. Denver's defense was incredible, Defense wins championships™.

Cheers Mr. Tarl... Man, if we only had this defense 2 years ago to match Manning's on-fire season..lol!! Looks like your Chargers are staying (for the moment in San Diego), so I hope they can get a long term deal done with the city..It just wouldn't be right otherwise.. Also looks like the Raiders are gonna be staying in Oakland for the 2016 season until they can figure out something too.

#3126 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:50 PM

Cheers Mr. Tarl... Man, if we only had this defense 2 years ago to match Manning's on-fire season..lol!! Looks like your Chargers are staying (for the moment in San Diego), so I hope they can get a long term deal done with the city..It just wouldn't be right otherwise.. Also looks like the Raiders are gonna be staying in Oakland for the 2016 season until they can figure out something too.

That's one of the reasons I can't get into the sport. The whole franchise thing. There are 92 English football league clubs and there is only 1 franchise team (MK Dons), and even the team they replaced has set up its own club and re-joined the league!

_________________________________________________________________________________________

#3127 Professor Pi

Professor Pi

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1430 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 02:44 AM

Congrats, Dove!  I was rooting for Denver as I picked them in the beginning of the season in a bet with my dad.  So happy for Peyton.  (Cam will have other opportunities.)

Rumor has it, the L.A. Rams are interested in Payton as a celebrity draw as they move to L.A.  "L.A. Rams" ... still getting used to saying that.

Personally, I hope he goes out on top like Elway, except the only QB to take two teams to SB wins and 200 wins!

#3128 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 06:38 PM

Congrats, Dove!  I was rooting for Denver as I picked them in the beginning of the season in a bet with my dad.  So happy for Peyton.  (Cam will have other opportunities.)

Rumor has it, the L.A. Rams are interested in Payton as a celebrity draw as they move to L.A.  "L.A. Rams" ... still getting used to saying that.

Personally, I hope he goes out on top like Elway, except the only QB to take two teams to SB wins and 200 wins!

Thanks Professor!  :)  Agreed, I want Manning to hang 'em up and ride off into the sunset on top. It makes absolutely NO sense for Peyton to go to the Rams, a team that is still a LONG way off from being a Super Bowl contender. I know the Rams QB situation is pretty dire, but Manning's gas tank is just about out of fumes..

#3129 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 08:35 PM

Elway is a mega stud; he should be voted into the hall of fame again as an executive. He turned the Broncos into the team that whacked them in the SB two years ago. If you can't beat 'em, copy them!!  And canned a two time SB loser coach for a huge gamble in Kubiak and won.

#3130 Professor Pi

Professor Pi

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1430 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 11:50 PM

Thanks Professor!  :)  Agreed, I want Manning to hang 'em up and ride off into the sunset on top. It makes absolutely NO sense for Peyton to go to the Rams, a team that is still a LONG way off from being a Super Bowl contender. I know the Rams QB situation is pretty dire, but Manning's gas tank is just about out of fumes..

By the way, how was the parade? :D

#3131 dtuba

dtuba

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 03:49 AM

A bit late but congrats Mr. Dove....I was rooting for your boys. As a Duck fan, I have little love for Mr. Newton and was happy to see him knocked about like a rag doll. What a great defensive effort!

#3132 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 05:20 PM

Prof- Sadly I wasn't there but DVR'd it and the count was literally about a million Broncos fans showed up in downtown Denver for the parade and rally.. Just crazy!! I think after our Super Bowl XXXIII win in Feb. '99, the count was about 650,000..

dtuba- Thanks!! I can now appreciate the valuable lesson your Seahawks taught us two years ago about defense..

#3133 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 11:31 PM

I bet The Dove is still on cloud 9! Congrats Broncos!

#3134 Eric Stromberg

Eric Stromberg

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 03:39 PM

For anybody who happens to be in the San Diego area this fine Sunday, there is a Bronco championship celebration scheduled for high noon at the Chief's pub in Solana Beach (essentially Broncos HQ West, as it's known around these parts). The beer and the good cheer will flow like water...

#3135 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 04:25 PM

Well it's official..Press conference scheduled for tomorrow at Broncos HQ and #18 is calling it a career.. Thank you Peyton Manning..it has been a real pleasure to watch you play for 18 years as BOTH an Indianapolis Colt and Denver Bronco..the game will never be the same without you..

#3136 Eric Stromberg

Eric Stromberg

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 10:29 PM

Not over till it's over, Dove. There is some buzz on the street that Peyton has been talking to the LA Rams...

#3137 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 12:38 AM

Not buying it.. It's been confirmed that Peyton spoke to Elway and the Broncos and will be announcing that he is retiring at the press conference tomorrow in Denver..

#3138 Professor Pi

Professor Pi

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1430 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 02:35 AM

Smart move at this point in his career, for some obvious reasons and others not so obvious.  Go out on top, Peyton!

#3139 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 02:40 AM

Peyton going to the Rams would be nothing more than promotional stunt.  Peyton would never allow his image to be used to sell something.  Never, I tell you. ;)

On a personal level, it's best for him to retire so he can get out of the spotlight.  If he'd decided to play again next season, there would be a lot of uncomfortable questions he'd have to answer given all of the things that have come out in the last couple of months.  Now he can just hide from the media and not have to answer them, unless he decides to write another book and violate the court-imposed gag order again.

#3140 Hockey Mask

Hockey Mask

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1027 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 04:55 AM

We don't need another Farve situation.

#3141 Eric Stromberg

Eric Stromberg

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 06:26 PM

Peyton will go out the right way. He will not pull a Favre. (Although I do really enjoy seeing Favre in those new erectile dysfunction ads...)

Peyton has serious work to do post-football and should have an excellent second career.

He proved himself worthy of Denver Bronco standards and I'm glad to see him end on such a high note.

GO BRONCOS

#3142 Professor Pi

Professor Pi

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1430 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 03:36 AM

What's Denver gonna do now that Brock Osweiler signed with Houston?

Dove?

#3143 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 03:38 AM

What's Denver gonna do now that Brock Osweiler signed with Houston?

Dove?

Sounds like they're going after Colin Kaepernick from San Francisco.  It'll cost them a second round pick, supposedly.  

Or, they could do the Jets a favor and sign Ryan Fitzpatrick so we don't have to have him back.  ;)

#3144 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:49 PM

Close, tdalton..lol!! While I think Denver is still going to pursue Kaepernick, today we traded a conditional pick in 2017 to Philadelphia for Mr. Butt-Fumble, Mark Sanchez....err...ok. That is something I totally did NOT see coming.. At best I think Sanchez could be a back-up, but we certainly don't have our No. 1 yet..

#3145 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 02:49 AM

(To the tune of the Saints Are Coming! by Green Day & U2)

The Saints do nothing!

The Saints do nothing!

I see how many players come by

I know they will not sign anybody!

#3146 Eric Stromberg

Eric Stromberg

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 02:55 AM

We now have Sanchez as our #1 QB! I smell Super Bowl repeat for Denver...

#3147 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 02:58 AM

We now have Sanchez as our #1 QB! I smell Super Bowl repeat for Denver...

Now if only he can solve the butt fumble problem...I

#3148 Professor Pi

Professor Pi

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1430 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 03:46 AM

Well, Denver won the Super Bowl with a 9.9 QBR from Manning.  Not sure Sanchez is up to the task ... !

#3149 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 12:10 AM

Rams give the Titans a ton of picks to get the top pick in the upcoming draft. The conspiracy theorist in me says the NFL pushed this since the Rams are playing in Los Angeles and needed a name player to highlight the team.

The realist in me says the Rams need a QB.

#3150 Professor Pi

Professor Pi

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1430 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 11:06 PM

There is a lot of hype about the Rams this season--they have the hardest strength of schedule and travel the most miles, I think.  And they almost always need a quarterback ... this time it's Carson Wentz or Jared Goff.   They once passed on Trent Dilfer.  Were it not for Kurt Warner ...