366 replies to this topic

#151 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 07:21 PM

Yes it is out there, but sometimes the truth is out there! :)

#152 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 07:55 PM

I keep thinking that the possibility exists that the Bond films finding a home on SPIKE TV along with Highlander may not be a coincidence.  Call this my conspiracy theory--and everyone once in a while a conspiracy theory comes true :)

Follow my logic, Eon decides on Paul and starts to connect Bond with Adrian Paul as a first step by having them on the same network.  The July Bond marathon has been advertised during Highlander episodes.  Interesting?  Nice juxaposition!  Highlander has gone from being shown once a day on SPIKE to now 3 times a day.  Almost like they want to amp up the attention and exposure right before an impending announcement.  It would not be impossible to have some coordination and it would benefit both parties in the long run.

Maybe not true but I think possible.

Seannery, faaaar out! What drugs are you on, man?! :)

Definitely a theory, but one I don't agree with. I'll just call it some crazy moves by SPIKE.

#153 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 08:00 PM

You can very well right. It just keeps popping back into my head so I thought I would throw it out there!

#154 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 08:01 PM

And it's not like SPIKE knows a whole lot with the Bond series...:)

#155 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 08:08 PM

True :) Though at least they have the taste to want then Bond series in the first place. And i'll still be stubborn enough to say my theory has a long shot of being true!

#156 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 08:09 PM

Though at least they have the taste to want then Bond series in the first place.

Yes, but I don't think they have that same taste when showing these films, compared to other channels who have previously done it.

#157 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 08:18 PM

You got that right! The worst though is when they butcher them in Network showings. TBS on the otherhand just slays SPIKE when it comes to presenting Bond.

#158 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 08:19 PM

For me, it's just usually bad or very bad with SPIKE. TBS was great, SPIKE is fair.

#159 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 08:30 PM

Spike is bad, but I thought AMC was even worse. Some of their slice-and-dice jobs on films like DAF make me almost long for the ABC days again.

Three letters to put it all to rest: DVD.

#160 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 08:32 PM

Spike is bad, but I thought AMC was even worse. Some of their slice-and-dice jobs on films like DAF make me almost long for the ABC days again.

Three letters to put it all to rest: DVD.

So I've heard about the treacherous AMC. That channel is usually very good when showing movies. I was very surprised when they got some of the Bond films and aired them.

#161 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 11:16 PM

Guys , do you think that , the chosen one to be James Bond , will be resumed on two actors: Clive Owen or / & Hugh Jackman ? :)

#162 CommanderBond

CommanderBond

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3135 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 11:18 PM

no...I think there could be an upset like they did with Dalton.

#163 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 11:19 PM

no...I think there could be an upset like they did with Dalton.

sorry , I didn't get it.. :) :)

#164 CommanderBond

CommanderBond

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3135 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 11:23 PM

well the big hub bub was all about Pierce getting the role and then they picked Dalton which wasnt really on the radar.

#165 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 11:32 PM

well the big hub bub was all about Pierce getting the role and then they picked Dalton which wasnt really on the radar.

I see , thanks for the explanation. :)

#166 CommanderBond

CommanderBond

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3135 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 11:33 PM

anytime :)

#167 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 11:36 PM

Could that situation happen again , with the new Bond searching? :)

#168 CommanderBond

CommanderBond

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3135 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 11:39 PM

anything can happen in hollywood ....

#169 Lady M

Lady M

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 11:43 PM

I was wondering I saw rumors on this board I believe that Adrian Paul did a botched job on his first audition for Bond....

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if that is documented anywhere?

Thank you in advance

Lady M :)

#170 CommanderBond

CommanderBond

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3135 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 11:53 PM

I saw it a long time ago on a James Bond site ...i dont know if its true but a friend of mine told me the same thing ..

#171 Lady M

Lady M

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 12:03 AM

Thank you for the help.....I appreciate your response.

#172 CommanderBond

CommanderBond

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3135 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 12:05 AM

its cool...anytime ..ill look up on it but if i dont find anything that means it probably wont be true....

#173 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 01:27 AM

Guys , do you think that , the chosen one to be James Bond , will be resumed on two actors: Clive Owen or / & Hugh Jackman ? :)

They seem to be two of the bigger names mentioned, but anyone's guess if it comes down to those two.

#174 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 07:26 PM

I was wondering I saw rumors on this board I believe that Adrian Paul did a botched job on his first audition for Bond....

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if that is documented anywhere?

Thank you in advance

Lady M :)

Lady M let me tell you what I know about that subject. First let me tell how I came to know what I know.

I was a big Bond fan since I was a very young kid and when Roger Moore was announced to be quitting the role I became fascinated on who would be his successor. Since I was a big Remington Steele fan also, I was big time rooting for him to be Bond in 1987. When he was announced I was elated. And then it was taken away and I couldn't believe it. What a blow!

So when Bond opened up again in 1994, I read and scoured everything I could on the search. I was rooting big for Pierce to get what was unfairly taken away from him. I was paying attention to all the search big time. And I was elated when he got the role!

After Pierce got the role I still was slightly obssessed with how the whole search went and who was being considered. So I still was looking at anything I could find after that for another year or two.

So what did I find looking at this concerning Adrian Paul during the Goldeneye search? First of all I have never personally seen any site or article saying he botched any audition. Most of the sources that concerned Adrian Paul said he was one of the finalists--which to me doesn't jibe with any botched audtion. To go one step farther it was either one or two sources that said specifically if the negotiations fell thru with Pierce that Adrian Paul was lined up just in case.

I can't remember now if it was just one or two sources now--it was quite a while back. But it was at least one, it definitely left an impression. I was fascinated by this aspect of Bond--the search among many to find the right new Bond. So that he was next in line wasn't highly sourced but it was said and could possibly be true. That he was a finalist was much stronger source-wise and that seemed easily the most likely fact. And again I ran across no botched audition source. And like I said I was slightly obssessed with this and looked far and wide for related stuff. Commanderbond who seems a reasonable, objective guy says a friend mentioned it--so I guess it is possible, but in my wide search I didn't see it. I would like to look at it if it exists though.

Then finally around 2001 still very interested in new James Bond searches I started looking at this stuff again because I knew Pierce's original contract was up. I looked up some of the old Goldeneye search again for fun and then tried to find out if Pierce was going to stay on or not. Fairly shortly he signed up again, but in my wide search I did find a source that said there was a short period of indecision between Pierce and Eon. The source said a few serious candidates were being considered just in case and that included Adrian Paul.

So this is all I found through strong interest and wide searching. I paid a lot of attention to this stuff--probably more than it deserves! I hope this helps.

#175 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 01:19 AM

I just discovered in moviehole.net under "Clints Bits-1/7/04" an interesting tidbit. "Clint" says even more sources are saying Eon may be interested in Adrian Paul for 007. But his prediction is that Pierce will still be back. Maybe those are the two competing scenarios that it has come down to. Lately those are the only scenarios that have had any heat. Very interesting.

#176 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 03:32 PM

Pierce Brosnan endorses Hugh Jackman as next 007!
London | May 21, 2004 5:38:52 PM IST

Pierce Brosnan has picked up 'Val Helsing' star Hugh Jackman as his successor for the coveted role of James Bond.

"Hugh should definitely play James Bond," The Sun quoted Brosnan as saying.

Hugh Jackman, Colin Farrell and Jude Law are in the running for the role of the British spy in the Bond series. But it seems that now the scales have tipped in favour of Jackman as Brosnan has shown his preference for him.

Jackman had joking remarked recently that he is 40 and that is just the right age to become 'Bond'. (ANI)

#177 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 03:35 PM

Yep, I believe this was in thw Quick News Submission.

Odd that Brosnan has been silent for a while.

#178 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 03:44 PM

Odd that Brosnan has been silent for a while.

maybe he has nothing to say , because he's out! :) :)

#179 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 03:47 PM

Or maybe some final answers haven't been reached.

#180 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 03:49 PM

Or maybe some final answers haven't been reached.

these last months without "real" news are torture! :) :)