123 replies to this topic

#1 mattbowyer

mattbowyer

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 02:12 PM

It began with 18 contestants. 17 were genuine. One was The Mole.

This is the final challenge and at its end - The Mole will be revealed.

As will the winner, and the loser. But we have four contestants left - Trs007, Tanger, Qwerty and our newest recruit dolce007.

In order to gain the prize of the custom avatar the team needed to reach 50,000 points. At this stage you have reached 38,500 and the prize is dangerously close to falling into the grasp of The Mole. But at this stage, I don't want you worrying about that.

This is the final round, and this game - as recently fallen comrade SnakeEyes maintained - is all about just one question : Who is The Mole? Your objective over and above each challenge is to discover who The Mole is, whilst putting others off the scent - often by doing a little Mole behaviour of your own.

Your final challenge is to explain exactly how you have done just that. You are to write a reasonable piece, explaining how you've scuttled the nine previous challenges. It is your chance to spill it all, and explain to the other players why you are The Mole - if its good enough, it may just win you the game. For doing this, for lowering yourself to The Mole's level, each of you will receive 2500 points.

This should easily bring the teams' total just 1500 points shy of the 50000 points. Thankfully a 5000 point offer has been made to one of you which should get you there. But it is up to her whether she accepts it, or not.

More about that later - for now, concentrate on using the skills that have got you this far to manipulate your competition. After you have posted your initial piece you are welcome to argue your point subsequently as much as you wish.

And then we will get down to business.

Good luck,

mb

#2 dolce007

dolce007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 150 posts
  • Location:United Kingdom CBn Mole II : wolf in sheeps clothing

Posted 27 April 2004 - 08:11 PM

I am the Mole

by Dolce007

First, to all you boys, I am only posting this to tease you. Yes, this post will earn you 2500, but your failure to apologize has cost you the 5000 when I do not accept the secret deal. Mu hahaha

You boys are fools, for the first several challenges, I wasn't even in the game and you lost miserably each and every time; but, here's the kick: I was the Mole the whole time. Right, now pay attention: I PM'd Mr. Mattbowyer when this game started, and said to him, human nature being what it is, even without a genuine mole, everyone will be so suspicious of each other, that they'll try and ruin it. And you did. Bad boys!

Now, to be fair, I did make some secret deals and some of you kinew this early on, Mr. Mattbowyer disappointed me when Challenge One was extended, since I had made a deal with one of you (now eliminated) to stall. Also, Brendan007 and I had a deal and he cost you 2000 points. Mr. Matt saved the lot of you.

The remaining couple of challenges were just as easy and predictable: none of you trusted each other and maybe more side action was going on. I convinced Tanger to give our points to Mr. TRS007 and Brixie, because I knew so many of you were suspicious of TRS007 when Mr. Mattbowyer shared the Mole Quiz results with me. So, why not shine the light of suspicion on him while making the rest of you suffer.

Finally, after I was admitted as a player, and NO ONE was thinking I was a mole. I decided to go hog wild in challenge nine and wow--did you boys lose points. I was INVINCIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You paid to have the Mole removed, and then were then so disheartened that you pretty much gave up. Oh, boo-hoo, I took all the fun away. Tell ya' what, BOYS, I did my job.

Here is the one thing NONE of you, even after challenge 9, thought of, TheMole is a player in the game, BUT that doesn't mean I always had to be playing. Obviously, there was a reason I was allowed in; oh, and to avert suspicion, The_Mole was an alias of mine. I was both players--nice to see how some of you liked him over me; but, neither of us were ever on at the same time. Mr. Matt supported this since, as he said from the beginning--there are no rules--there is only--THE MOLE!!!

You are beaten, Challenge 10 will fail. I can share all of this with you now, for even getting the next mole quiz right, still leaves the winner short of 50,000 and I, the MOLE, have won. Hmm, I wonder what my avatar shall be?

You have been soundly thrashed by a 16 year-old girl from Birmingham---how does it feel?

----transmission ends, from THE MOLE-----

#3 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 08:53 PM

Very, very simple. I am the Mole, and it

#4 mattbowyer

mattbowyer

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 01:18 AM

Interesting stuff guys, especially from you dolce. Considering your agreement I expect you to edit that a little by the close of the challenge.

#5 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 09:52 AM

I shouldn't really be posting here as it only gets you more points, but you still won't beat me.

I think it's quite obvious that I am the Mole. Being a contestant in the first one and knowing who the Mole was from the beginning, only to change my mind and lose out, left me bitter: and I needed my revenge.

In challenge one, that little get to know you; I did nothing but stir things. I PM'd people who I knew from the last game and had them believing that each other was the Mole. This succeded in their eliminations from the game. In the challenge, I left it till everyone had posted their results before I came in. Not only did I not answer the question from my partner but I claimed that they never even asked me. This cast suspicion from me on to them.

Challenge 2, that infernal crossword. Watching you struggle to try and put the words in was great. I started by posting my word early and then as time went on I gave you various theories about what the solution could be. All of course were wrong and only added to the confusion. You still managed to do it though so I obviously didn't work hard enough.

Challenge 3 was possibly the one that people had least fun with. Similar to last games Treasure Hunt, I had people believing they were looking for the word PUPPY rather than I picture of one and so set about editing about 100 old posts to read, in black of course so you couldn't see it, "You Have Found a Lost Puppy!!'. This of course, only added to people's confusion and led them further and further away from where they should have been looking, which was much closer to home.

Challenge 4 - CAUGHT! Oh that was fun. As I remember I caused the team to lose one CAUGHT in the very early minutes of the game. That couldn't have worked any better if I tried and only cast suspicion on to other players.

Challenge 5 was a major development in the history of the Mole. I decided that I was having too much fun messing up the challenges myself and so decided to bring in some "outside help". Cue, 'the brenden hater'. My grammatically challenged best friend who had been observing the game from the beginning. I suggested that he just 'stir' a little. I didn't realise he'd take it so far, that was just lucky. And it worked. It convinced Brendan to give me the password which I then held on to for a full day, only to give it to somebody in the last minutes of the challenge. All in all, I was rather satisfied with how this came out.

What would have been Challenge 6, The Tanger Trial, was all a clever ploy by myself and matt. Either way, I would have stayed. We devised the whole thing and had witnesse, evidence and everything. It would have proved quite interesting if it had gone ahead. Thus we got one of the least interesting challenges of the game - The Trap. I was ever so tempted to wish Mr. Luis Bond a happy birthday but I wanted to give you a false sense of security and let you get these points. It was obvious you weren't going to beat me anyway and I had to let you at least think you were getting somewhere.

Challenge 007, was - what can I say, so easy to sabotage I was laughing. Posting incorrect clues, not bothering to try and solve the murder. Really, it was all to easy.

Challenge 8: The auction. After being teamed with dolce I knew that I could use her stupidity to help me and also use it against her. Hence the reason why early on when she bid far too much for lot #6 which meant we could not bid on lot #7 and effectively making 6 worthless, I seconded her and therefore put her out of the running for an exemption. There could have been an ever so easy way for the team to get loads of points had nobody bid at all and all the points gone to the total. Hence the reason why I gave our remaining points to TRS's team - at a price. I said that I would do it for an exemption, an exemption which I didn't need and effectively one that was wasted. This both ensured that maximum points were wasted and at least one person would be out of the game.

Challenge 9 - well darn it if dolce was still around. I'm gald she was too as this only helped in ruining the challenge. I had little to do her, especially when dolce was running amok misquoting and making herself look stupid. When the time came to bid 2000 points for her removal, I was more than happy to as I knew that both that and her posts would amount to a sizable loss. Again, the reason I posted was to cast suspicion away from myself and it seemed to have worked. And then in the final day - nobody posted! This was just too perfect.
What was possibly the easiest task yet was bungled and you all, yet again, lost out on points.

To be honest, this has all been too easy and leaves me thinking that perhaps you'd perform no better if there was no Mole.

I did my job and none of you will be winning. Needless to say, I'll be having the last laugh and will be enjoying my very own custom avatar.

#6 trs007

trs007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2757 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 12:42 PM

The Truth Can Now Be Told

by TRS007

It is with great amusement that I read the above posts, looking at all of you taking credit for my accomplishments. Still, as imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, then I thank all of you for your high praise indeed.

Based on my gameplay from MOLE I, I was assumed to be the mole then--but, as we all know, was not. However, this time, Matt and I decided to see how the most obvious choice for a mole could be the mole and still have suspicion cast upon others. Obviously, by the number of eliminations each week, and self-doubts entered the "eliminated" posts, TRS007 was not the favorite choice for the Mole; which was exactly the plan.

I, too, used delay and stall tactics when a deadline was in place. Even as far back as challenge one, I had negotiated a secret deal with Athena007 to cause havoc and ensure my victory. My deal with Tanger ensured the auction challenge would fail, because the mole appeals to people's motivations, and in this example--greed. As demonstrated by others throughout the game--some players would sell out their own mother for an exemption; and although Tanger would advance to another round, I ensured that someone would be exterminated and more importantly, cost the team points.

Again, the fact that people were suspcious of me from early on, only made my genuine attempts to help more suspect. I laughed aloud many a day during the corossword challenge when my clue of MILT was ignored, refuted and eventually chosen to be true. Along the way, I offered meaningless support, expounded upon clues and watched a few legit suggestions get debated, simply because they seem to have come from me.

The "CLUE", or "CLeudo, for you folks over the pond, challenge, was easily my best work yet. I never shared my clues with anyone, and until the very end, people assumed one of my clues was the murder weapon.

However, my masterpiece, my absolute over the top performance was challenge 9, the manipulation of another player. Yes, I probably owe Dolce many back issues of 007 magazine, but it was worth it, she drove you guys to pure rage, all the while, I innocently made the right posts, knowing there was no way in hell this group would ever see the 12,000 points for that challenge. Such subtlety, such finesse, such Mole.

Earlier on, SnakeEyes asked me why I was playing, since I already had an avatar from round one. True, but when this challenge ends, I shall retire from the MOLE as a undefeated two-time champion: Player and Mole.

P.S. Have a nice day.

#7 SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1946 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 12:53 PM

They all sound so convincing; although I could, even now, write a convincing report as to why I am the mole (obviously, I am not!).

Chosing who to trust, or more importantly, not trust will be interesting for you lot indeed. So close, but so far...

#8 The_Mole

The_Mole

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 01:35 PM

Oh, so it wasn't SnakeEyes?

Oh dear... There goes the

#9 The_Mole

The_Mole

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 03:37 PM

I ThInk It was brIx bond, In the bathroom, wIth the candlestIck!

or It could have been tanger In the bond 21 forums wIth the trojan vIrus!

souledge!

#10 Brix Bond

Brix Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1503 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 03:40 PM

A rather interesting e-mail I got back in challenge one which seems to support Tanger's theory.

Hello, with regards to the Mole challenge can I ask you what your mission was and what response was given?

Thank you,

Brix.

Hi Brix

Right, I had to ask Brendan007 whether he thought he could have done better than DLibrasnow as the Mole in the first game. Is answer was a little undecisive and he didn't really say yes or no. To be honest, even though I trust Brendan because we worked closely last time, I think this could hint that he might be a) The Mole or  trying to make it seem as though he is so that everyone will be tricked into thinking that and thus lose.

Anyway, you can trust me and I need to feel that I can trust you. BTW, watch out for any of the 'big' members. You know, the regulars, it's likely that one of those could be the Mole.
I'm basing this purely off of the first game where I was first asked to be the Mole because I was a regular. I declined of course and then Darren was picked. I guessed this quite early in the game as he was the only other real regular in the game.

I'm not saying it'll be the same this time, I'm just saying watch out.

Good luck

Oh, and what was your challenge and response?

Rgds

#11 The_Mole

The_Mole

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 03:46 PM

yOU thInk thIs Is A gAmE?

I knOw whO yOU ArE...

- Trs007?
- Tanger ?
- Qwerty ?
- dolce007?

mEEt mE At thE Old OAks...

AlOnE...

tOnIght...

OnE Of yOU wIll nOt cOmE bAck...

cOmIng OUt tO plAy?

#12 trs007

trs007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2757 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 03:51 PM

Nonsense, a good Mole does not keep records of anything that could be used against him. It was me, I tell you, me!!

#13 The_Mole

The_Mole

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 04:02 PM

DECEPTION!
DECEPTION!
DECEPTION!

Matt knows what I'm on about.
And so does someone else...

Kazakhstan is awfully hot this time of year...

#14 The_Mole

The_Mole

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 04:07 PM

Chargrilled chicken on a plate.

Tastes like strawberries.

Although I wouldn't know.

<punches through plate glass window>

That was fun. I'll eat some fried beef next Wednesday.

#15 The_Mole

The_Mole

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 04:09 PM

The bullet went through the right side of my hand, emerging from the left side of my hand.

What part of anatony don't you understand, fat boy?

#16 The_Mole

The_Mole

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 04:13 PM

YES YOU FOOLS, IT IS ME! DOLCE007 REINCARNATED! YOU THOUGHT I COULDN'T BE THE MOLE, DIDN'T YOU! WELL, REMEMBER MY SPECIAL CONDITIONS? THE_MOLE NEVER HAD THOSE...

I've won my avatar, and there's nothing you can do to stop it, fact fans!

:) :) :)

#17 The_Mole

The_Mole

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 04:29 PM

[size=14]HAAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHHHHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHH![/size=14]

#18 The_Mole

The_Mole

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 04:31 PM

LET IT BE,
LET IT BE,
LET IT BE,
LET IT BE...

MY NAME IS CALLED DOLCE,
LET IT BE....

3T3

carrot

Edited by The_Mole, 28 April 2004 - 04:45 PM.

#19 SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1946 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 07:24 PM

Dolce, the 2 faced bitch come to life.

"It wasn't god who gave me this face"

Oh really? :)

#20 trs007

trs007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2757 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 07:28 PM

LOL!

You are certainly correct though, SE, it was NOT God that gave Dolce her face.

#21 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 08:36 PM

Well Dolce, it seems that other don't think you're the Mole...hmmm :)

#22 mattbowyer

mattbowyer

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 12:57 AM

Is this supposed to be your idea of coming through in a clinch?

Very interesting standpoints from all of you, easily bringing the points tally to 48500. So close, but then so far, and one woman stands in your way.

Now we enter the final challenge stage : the three special conditions accepted by dolce007 when joining this game.

Condition 1.
Should you win the game, you will not receive the avatar.

Condition 2.
At any point during the game you will have the opportunity to request an extra 5000 points for the team - this should be very useful in gaining acceptance.

The third and final condition stays under wraps until the outcome of the second is decided. Whilst dolce007 cannot gain the avatar, she still wishes to win the game. For the team to gain it, they need dolce007 to accept the second offer - the final part of which now carries a special irony.

It is a hard ask for her, especially since it would all but confirm that she is not The Mole. The final Mole Quiz goes out in three days time, signalling the end of the challenge stages. Three days to sway one woman's heart.

dolce, the floor is yours.

96:00:00...95:59:59...95:59:58

#23 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 01:12 AM

Alrightly Dolce, so what are your ideas or plans? Lay it all out on the line.

:)

#24 SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1946 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 02:10 AM

Hmm, hate to butt in like this, but it sounds to me like number 3 is exemption from a mole quiz with the teams 'ok'.

So you say she can skip the quiz and she gives you 5000. She 'wins' but loses the avatar to number 2 (but the mole doesn't get it)

Or, you tell her where to stick herself and she tells you to kiss the 5000 goodbye and then the avatar goes to the mole.

Just a guess. You know, for a complete bitch, dolce can play a mean game. I'll never liker her personally, but she has some respect from me for her cruel tactics :)

#25 mattbowyer

mattbowyer

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 06:43 AM

Hmm, hate to butt in like this, but it sounds to me like number 3 is exemption from a mole quiz with the teams 'ok'.

Interesting theory, and you're more than welcome to intrude old man.

#26 The_Mole

The_Mole

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 09:28 AM

Ah, the special conditions...

I realised yesterday that when I was playing, I wasn't given special conditions, even though I thought I had...

Which must mean...

Oh dear. I was being traded. For her.

SHE'LL BETRAY YOU! Just like everyone else!

#27 dolce007

dolce007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 11:09 AM

The Dolce Ultimatum

Boys, boys, boys. I had asked each of you to apologize to me, and instead, I got made fun of even more and you all did everything but spit in my face.

Now, you are soooo close to winning, except for me standing in your way--how that must gall you, that a new addition, perhaps the mole, perhaps not, is thwarting your gameplay and blocking your precious avatar, which we now know I cannot have anyway.

So, you want 5000 points, well 'ol buddies, you are going to EARN them.

The current team must meet two challenges:

1. I was extremely impressed with your writing abilities in the final challenge. So much so, that my original request for a 25 word apology would seem too easy for you. So, each of you must write a long and lengthy apology, at least four paragraphs of five lines that go across the board, no artifically shortening lines or using large fonts. You will explain, in detail, why you felt the need to be so cruel to a 16 year old girl, why would felt the need to insult me at every chance you got and I want that well-written, heart-felt meaningful apology.

2. The meanest and cruelest is no longer among us. However, you all claim to be Moles with powers to pursuade and manipulate. Therefore, you must use those powers to recruit an eliminated comrade to also complete part 1. Yes, that recruit is my good o' pal: Mr. Snakey-Eyes. It will be interesting to see if he'll cooperate, especially as he stands to gain nothing.

Boys, this is an EVERYTHING or NOTHING deal. ALL of you must do this or no points. A few of you doing this is not good enough. FOUR long, lengthy posts: SnakeEyes, Tanger, TRS007 and Qwerty. Those are the only four TOGETHER who can win this game.

That is my offer. You have offended me, insulted me, hurt me and caused me many a nights crying to me mum. This is the price of revenge.

Mr. Mattbowyer has already started the clock. I suppose we shall see what we shall see in three days time.

#28 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 11:11 AM

You want SnakeEyes to apoligize to you?

#29 dolce007

dolce007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 11:13 AM

-

96:00:00...95:59:59...95:59:58

Mr. Mattbowyer: Shouldn't the clock be started at 72, since the BOYS only have three days???

We don't want them getting extra time for a very diffilcut personal choice, now do we???

:) :) :) :)

#30 dolce007

dolce007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 11:15 AM

You want SnakeEyes to apoligize to you?

ALL OF YOU MUST APOLOGIZE, MR QWERT. Can't you read???????