I haven't even started.

#92 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 10 September 2002 - 07:32 PM

Jim, you should have been here when Bondpurist was on this board. You guys would have gotten along like a house on fire.

#93 Sir James

Sir James

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 11 September 2002 - 11:32 AM

Well I dont think its a bad film. And I loved the precredits sequence. Dalton did a great job in this film. He showed Bond as a different kind of man. A man who is driven by passion and loyalty. Different does not mean bad. I mean seldom do we really see this kind of man. You saw him here, in OHMSS, and in TWINE. And all the times IMO it was done well. The problem is that Bond is sterotyped as the "Goldfinger - like" Bond. The extravangant, OTT, insane, and completely improbable action hero. And when the Bond people actually get down to a character approaching format, it is not always that popular becuase it does not fit with that Bond sterotype. Fourtuneatley, Brosnans Bond has begun to erase this sterotype. While each of his films have those "classic Bond elements", they also have a passon filled thriller behind him. That not only probe do the depths of impressive stuns but also depths of character.

#94 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 12 September 2002 - 02:59 PM

Ways you can tell Dalton didn't do the actual stunt in the Pre-credits sequence. Him hanging on the plane...painted backdrop and for some reason it's really not all that windy. Terrible production values. Terrible movie. I liked Carey Lowell before she cut her hair off.

#95 al

al

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 September 2002 - 04:03 PM

Being a literary fan, I think LTK is very good. It has the same feel as FRWL, OHMSS, FYEO, etc. Also the best Bond's are about betrayal, because that's the world he lives in. LTK hit him very close, and he went postal.

#96 EagleBill

EagleBill

Recruit

• Crew
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2002 - 02:43 AM

I must agree with al in that as a literary Bond fan, LTK really hits the mark. It's one of only four I rate a 10, the others being DN, FRWL & OHMSS.

So to Dr. Tynan, I say: Don't feel so alone:)

#97 Spectre001

Spectre001

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 229 posts

Posted 24 September 2002 - 04:33 AM

Wow...good topic Dr. Tynan. 95 replies so far. I like LTK because Bond goes out on a limb for his best friend, which shows his character and loyalty. BTW - I think Hedison was the best Felix Leiter.

I think the reason why people don't warm to Timothy Dalton much is that he is fairly cold (which personally I like) and because he only ended up playing Bond twice.

#98 Dr. Tynan

Dr. Tynan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3456 posts
  • Location:Was on Saturn, now back in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Posted 24 September 2002 - 09:27 PM

Thanks EagleBill and Spectre001 :)

Welcome to CBN :)

#99 Dr. Tynan

Dr. Tynan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3456 posts
  • Location:Was on Saturn, now back in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Posted 24 September 2002 - 09:33 PM

Sorry, Spectre001, you probably think it's weird me saying "Welcome to CBN" to you seeing as how you've been here since August. :)

I forgot you'd been here for a while.

#100 Spectre001

Spectre001

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 229 posts

Posted 24 September 2002 - 10:28 PM

I never really introduced myself when I joined up. Just kind of slid on in. Thanks for the welcome. Good to be here and joining in, in the discussions.

#101 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 26 September 2002 - 01:25 PM

For me, LTK is far and away the best Bond film of the 1980s, superior to anything Brosnan's yet done (seeing DAD may change my opinion, though), miles better than anything with Moore as 007, and therefore one of the best Bond films ever.

#102 Jamie007

Jamie007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 08 October 2002 - 12:00 PM

I always found it to be a great movie, one of the stronger Bond titles. But I must agree that Sanchez was a very weak villain.
Jim

#103 1q2w3e4r

1q2w3e4r

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 08 October 2002 - 12:08 PM

LTK is one of the best of the series. For those that bash it, you'll find most that like it are fans of Ian's novels so if you read those, maybe you'll look at it the same we do.

And i thought Sanchez was pretty cool, I liked the little wave when he's taking off in the plane i always piss myself at that its a classic.