66 replies to this topic

#61 SeanValen00V

SeanValen00V

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 12:49 AM

Roger Moore was great for the type of films he did-Quote Timothy Dalton-Bafta Awards-Bond.

#62 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 05:57 PM

I respect Tim for doing his own thing as Bond.. he was an actor! He reminds me allot of Patrick Stewart.. at first you think this guy is he the right choice for star trek.. he is so different.. THEN you give him sometime to show himself as an actor and his spin on the character.. and over the years very quietly and professionally he is the best one..

tim would have been that!!

he wasn't some bum just trying to rip off sean & roger.. he was doing his own thing!! only wish they gave him a chance to grow and proove all the work he was doing to do his OWN thing.. time to pay off

#63 goldengun

goldengun

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 209 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 06:09 PM

Originally posted by DLibrasnow

Caine: I know who it is, it's David Putnam!

I thought that was a classic Oscars moment!  :)

hmmm....okay I will be the dumb guy and ask....who is David Putnam?

#64 Coop

Coop

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 220 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 06:10 PM

I love Moonraker and Roger Moore was fab in The Saint, The Persuaders and as JAMES BOND! So there! :)

#65 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 03 May 2003 - 12:08 AM

Originally posted by goldengun

hmmm....okay I will be the dumb guy and ask....who is David Putnam?

He produced the likes of Midnight Express, Chariots of Fire and The killing Fields, amongst many others.

Check out IMDb.

#66 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 03 May 2003 - 02:42 AM

Originally posted by Blofeld's Cat

He produced the likes of Midnight Express, Chariots of Fire and The killing Fields, amongst many others.

Check out IMDb.

Yes he was also the Head of Columbia Pictures for about a year, but he made enemies in Hollywood because he wanted to make thinking movies and he didn't believe in the "middle men" and the cuts they took.

I remember that after he was axed from Columbia he was on a British chat show ('Wogan' I believe) and a fellow guest was Christopher Reeve who said he thought Putnams departure was a huge loss to Hollywood.

#67 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 06 May 2003 - 09:14 PM

I think Roger is the BEST, I just sent a letter to Roger and asked for an autograph on march 25th and on May 5th it was back here in ohio!! I was in shock I got it back so fast!!:)

he is so cool.. to take the time to sign for FREE to fans.. he signed it.. and put a little piece of paper about UNICEF & about his book.. which some of the money goes to UNICEF

roger is all class :)

send him a letter and photo.. he should sign in within a month or so :)

there is nothing better then a man that understand life and to be nice to other people.. and help other people.. but be cool and have NO ego and just sign for free to friends/fans