#1951 quantumofsolace

quantumofsolace

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1563 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:20 AM

starring tracy

and vesper(http://uk.ign.com/ar...ged-royale-role)

#1952 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:55 PM

I'm really looking forward to the 50th. I'm more looking forward to Moffat stepping down as head writer though, I hope to god he doesn't muck this up, and I've been a long, dedicated fan of the show, but I can't help thinking he's going to run it into the ground.

Oh, and apparently...

Spoiler

#1953 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:23 PM

Here we go, then...

http://www.bbc.co.uk...eave-Doctor-Who

#1954 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:52 PM

I got to start watching Dr. Who sometime.........but I found from various article....Rory Kinnear aka Bill Tanner would be likely be the new Dr.Who as the favourite and his odds are the highest.....also Ben Whishaw is number 3 on the list too......

#1955 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:51 AM

James Bond actor Rory Kinnear favourite for Doctor Who role as he "considers offer"
10 Jun 2013 00:00
We exclusively named him as a top tip last week and yesterday Ladbrokes stopped taking bets on the 35-year-old actor as he emerged as the 2/1 favourite

Rory-Kinnear-1942195.jpg

The new Doctor Who is James Bond movie actor Rory Kinnear – according to the bookies.

We exclusively named him as a top tip last week and yesterday Ladbrokes stopped taking bets on the 35-year-old actor as he emerged as the 2/1 favourite.

Rory, whose actor father Roy was killed while filming The Three Musketeers in 1988, is said to be considering an offer to be 12th Time Lord. The actor – Tanner in Bond films Skyfall and Quantum of Solace – had been third in the betting with Ben Daniels favourite only days ago.

But Ladbrokes’ Alex Donohue said: “Kinnear had been a popular punt but after a flurry of activity pushed him into favourite we closed the book.”

The BBC refused to comment on Rory taking over from Matt Smith, 30, who will leave at Christmas.

We revealed BBC chiefs wanted a little-known name. A source said: “Rory is known as a very talented actor, but isn’t as ­recognisable as some other candidates.”

Some fans hoped the part would go to a black or female actor.

#1956 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:22 PM

That would be... different. Back to a more brainy Doctor, less of a young matinee idol.

A good and welcome change, saving the series from falling into the trap of catering only to the teenage audience.

Funny. To have Doctor Who assist James Bond in the future...

#1957 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:48 PM

Have finished watching the second part of the season - and I LOVED IT! 

Jenna Coleman is not only sexy in a cute way, I guess she even elevated Matt Smith´s fantastic portrayal of the Doctor to new heights. I do prefer the one female companion with an erotic undercurrent to the Amy & Husband-tag along of the previous seasons. And I´m happy that Smith finally got that (impossible) one, to show another side of his Doctor.

And the plots were very delightful, too!

Very sad that Smith now will go. I had the feeling that the new dynamic should have gone on for at least one more season.

#1958 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:30 AM

So... will it really be Peter Capaldi?

I would LOVE that.  An older doctor.  And Capaldi´s acid tongue would bring something new to the table.

#1959 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:49 PM

Capaldi, it is!  Great choice!

#1960 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:55 PM

Fantastic! Bold, brave and interesting choice. 

#1961 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:11 PM

An interesting choice to say the least. Peter Capaldi seems as if he'd fit in better with the older series than the new one as those doctors all tended to be older. With the revived series, each doctor has gotten younger: Eccleston was 41 when he started, Tennant was 35 and Smith was 28. It'll be interesting to see how this unfolds.

#1962 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:22 PM

I am happy with this choice. I think he'll be able to step into the role and make it work from the get-go. 

#1963 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:05 PM

Have finished watching the second part of the season - and I LOVED IT! 

Jenna Coleman is not only sexy in a cute way, I guess she even elevated Matt Smith´s fantastic portrayal of the Doctor to new heights. I do prefer the one female companion with an erotic undercurrent to the Amy & Husband-tag along of the previous seasons. And I´m happy that Smith finally got that (impossible) one, to show another side of his Doctor.

And the plots were very delightful, too!

Very sad that Smith now will go. I had the feeling that the new dynamic should have gone on for at least one more season.

I still miss David Tennant. It will be nice to see him in the 50th. I thought he perfectly captured what the Doctor is. Compassionate, heroic and very quirky.

#1964 quantumofsolace

quantumofsolace

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1563 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:59 PM

Fifty years of Doctor Who to culminate in The Day Of The Doctor http://www.bbc.co.uk...the-doctor.html

#1965 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:26 AM

I really hope that like so many recent trends in cinema (TDKR, Skyfall, Star Trek etc.) Christopher Eccleston returns for "The Day of the Doctor." Even just as a cameo, perhaps showing the Doctor's regeneration into the ninth doctor. Also, is John Hurt playing an incarnation of the doctor that existed between the eighth and ninth doctors or is he possibly the Valeyard?

#1966 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:12 AM

So, The Day of The Doctor is hitting Australian cinemas for a brief stint. I snapped up some tickets and I'm really excited. I've always wanted to see Who on the big screen. And in 3D, no less. 

#1967 quantumofsolace

quantumofsolace

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1563 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:45 AM

sfx november 4 2013 http://www.sfx.co.uk...ison-interview/

Peter Davison:

I’ve always had a slight problem with this idea of the possibility of a female Doctor, because in my mind it’s not as if the genders are interchangeable on Gallifrey. I think it works much the same way that Earth does, so it would be like saying “How about having a female James Bond?” You just wouldn’t think about it.

#1968 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:46 PM

Prequel mini-episode for the 50th anniversary titled "The Night of the Doctor." It's nice to see Paul McGann get one more proper (if very short) turn as the Doctor.

#1969 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:19 PM

It's a shame they didn't just cast McGann again when they brought the series back in 2005.

#1970 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:23 AM

Sensational mini-episode. I hope to see McGann pop up again at some point.

#1971 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:31 PM

I'd love to see McGann make a few more appearances. He's done very well in the audio dramas and it's a damn shame that his Doctor only had one TV episode (well now 2).

#1972 00Twelve

00Twelve

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7706 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:27 AM

McGann was outstanding in the short. I never even got into DW until this year and I was already fist-pumpingly excited the moment I saw him. Easily the best DW short ever, and like other hopelessly hardcore fans, I'd love a full length ep or even short series of maybe 6 eps featuring McGann. Not gonna happen but I'd watch every one.

It's a shame they didn't just cast McGann again when they brought the series back in 2005.

As big a fan as I've been of the new actors (Tennant being my favorite, because I'm original), I'd have gone for that in a New York minute.

#1973 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:59 PM

A second mini-episode, titled "The Last Day" released on iTunes. It tells an interesting short story about the Time War on Gallifrey.

#1974 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:12 PM

http://www.ign.com/v...ds-ron-burgundy

Just, perfect.

#1975 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:14 AM

I enjoyed Day of the Doctor. It was great to see all 13 Doctors, and a cameo from Tom Baker, too!

-

#1976 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:56 PM

Happened to catch DAY OF THE DOCTOR. Never seen an episode before but liked it enough to watch it again. 

#1977 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:42 PM

I wasn't 100% satisfied with The Day of the Doctor. I thought they could've showed more of the Time War and I didn't like how it ended. However, Tennant and Smith were excellent together and I liked seeing Capaldi, if only for 2 seconds. Also, that cameo, oh god that cameo...

#1978 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:27 PM

Well, for some reason, I can't seem to find the Doctor Who Season 7 thread, so I figured I'll start a new one for season 8. For everyone who is eagerly awaiting Capaldi's first episode as much as I am, I found this little gem on youtube. Just imagine....

#1979 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:42 PM

Wow, that looks superb.  Flashy, yet not kitschy.  Looking forward to Capaldi a lot!

#1980 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:07 AM

Truth be told, I'm a little bit burned out going through the new Doctor thing again. It seems like yesterday we had Smith, or even Tennant, debuting. But...roll on Capaldi. I think the other two will always be 'my' Doctors, but he'll be good too.