76 replies to this topic

#61 archer1949

archer1949

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:30 AM

When I went Friday morning, it was only about half full of old retired people, which would be expected on a work day (I get Fridays off). When I attempted to go the next evening, it was sold out all night.

#62 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:47 AM

It wasn't packed, but there were people who there to see it. I would say it was a good size, not packed. We had no trouble finding seats.

#63 Agent Candlewood

Agent Candlewood

Recruit

• Crew
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:40 PM

Absolutely packed. Plus an "active" audience. Clapping and hooting at end, lots of sniffing when 007 holds M in the chapel, and an overwhelming gasp and clapping at the sight of the DB5.

Raleigh, NC in IMAX.

Absolutely packed. Plus an "active" audience. Clapping and hooting at end, lots of sniffing when 007 holds M in the chapel, and an overwhelming gasp and clapping at the sight of the DB5.

Raleigh, NC in IMAX.

#64 Double-0-Seven

Double-0-Seven

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2710 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:19 AM

My second viewing last night was packed. I went early for the 9:50 show but it was already sold out, so I had to wait for the 10:15 which was marked as "Limited" meaning it was almost sold out too. According to the board, both of the 7:00ish screenings were sold out as well as one of the 4:00ish ones. Not bad at all for a Tuesday! It helped that it was cheap night and there's student deals.

#65 00 Brosnan

00 Brosnan

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:16 AM

I went this past Tuesday (yesterday) afternoon since I was off from work. The theater was maybe 20% full, but that's what I expected mid-day on a weekday. Fine with me, sat right in the middle.

#66 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:32 AM

Packed. Saw it again tonight in IMAX and I'm convinced that's the only way to see it. It was my 5th viewing and I'm not losing interest in the film at all. Glad to have Bond back.

#67 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:09 AM

Went to the 5:00pm showing this evening for my 2nd viewing of Skyfall...Slightly smaller auditorium then the one I was in on Saturday...maybe designed to hold 150 people and there were about 45 people total..No doubt the next two screenings (6:00 pm and 7:00 pm) were much more full as more people would have been done with work for the day and already would have had dinner. Still though, great response from the crowd in my showing...especially when the DB5 was revealed, as it was in my first screening... going again for my 3rd viewing sometime next week! :)

#68 byline

byline

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

Wonderful news to report: Hubby and I went for our second viewing tonight in Yarmouth, Nova Scotia. Fortunately we bought tickets in time, because shortly thereafter the 7:30 showing was sold out. Hubby and I had to part ways and sit in separate seats, as there were only single seats scattered throughout the theatre. Also, "Skyfall" was moved to a bigger theatre than in was in last week; this one, No. 1, had more seats. Also, I got the sense that this audience was far more into the movie, including the humour, than last Friday night's premier-showing audience was. So it was a fabulous experience. And yes, I caught a whole lot more ... and enjoyed every bit of it!

#69 Kincade

Kincade

Cadet

• Crew
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:41 AM

I barely squeezed into the IMAX theater with my date at the last minute (here you are assigned seats in the theater). It was packed!

#70 PrinceKamalKhan

PrinceKamalKhan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11139 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

Saw it last night. It was mostly full but not completely packed. Of course, it has already been out a week.

#71 saint mark

saint mark

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

When my missus and I attended the movie I was surprised how young we were in comparison with the usual crowd. That said we did pick a showing that generally leaves the younger generations at home (Sunday evening) which makes for a far more relaxed showing. The place was 3/4 full.

We did get "The Hobbit" as a trailer before the movie, which paid off during Skyfall. When M gets home and big ears stands there in the shadow somebody called out : 'GOLLUM" which was awarded with a huge laugh. The classic Bondmoments as the DB5 was shown was greeted with a lot of cheers.

#72 nickjb007

nickjb007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:29 AM

We went Friday night so it was the second week of release and the 7:00 and 8:00 shows were sold out. We went tonight Sunday at 5:30 and I'd say the theater was 3/4 full.

#73 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

My third time that I went to see it was last saturday and the theater was packed which I was shocked, because I thought that Breaking Dawn Part 2 would take some money away from Skyfall, but nope! And the third time I saw it the theater was much more enthusiastic, because when the Goldfinger car was brought out people cheered which didn't happen in the other showings I went to.

#74 SolidWaffle

SolidWaffle

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:03 AM

Just last night the place was empty. I went to one of the few non-digital showings at my theater, plus it was the eve of thanksgiving. There were maybe two dozen people, but I wasn't surprised at that.

#75 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:01 AM

9pm first night (Thursday). Less than 10% full. A real quiet 10% too. Don't know why I didn't go to the (far more popular) theatres at the other side of the CBD, where I'm sure it would have been packed. Felt like putting my feet up I guess, but I would like to see this with an audience. Will go there instead when I see it again this weekend.

#76 EyesOnly

EyesOnly

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

My theatre has turned into a senior center. Tons of old people in every showing, and they are the most disrespectful to everyone around them.

Edited by EyesOnly, 23 November 2012 - 04:16 PM.

#77 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

Just returned from my 3rd showing of Skyfall (went to the 11:35 am show) and it was pretty well attended...with it being the Thanksgiving holiday weekend and with everyone out and about shopping on Black Friday for great bargains, I'm not surprised at the crowds. Also, its great to see that Bond, after being out in theaters for well almost a month, is still drawing great interest and giving Twilight a run for it's money in terms of the box office..