76 replies to this topic

#31 SkyfallCraig

SkyfallCraig

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 162 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

yesterday, at 18.50, the cinema was full, at 20.15 the cinema was full, at 22 was full. There wasn't a single ticket for a Skyfall screening for all the evening

#32 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:47 AM

Sold out. This was central London, but it was also the last showing of the day (9.30 at night) and on the film's fifth day of release. Absolutely extraordinary.

I mean, I've never seen anything like it. Of course, Bond has always been popular, especially here in Britain, but I can't remember anything on SKYFALL's popularity scale, and not just any other Bond film but any other film. I never thought it would actually be difficult to get tickets for this thing.

#33 IcedCamaro

IcedCamaro

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:24 AM

IcedCamaro, probably less because it's a religious holiday.

I agree that that could have been a factor, although malls tend to be bursting with people November 1st anyway (the mall we went to was relatively full when we arrived and by the time we left it was packed). Some people head to the cemetery but really that's only a lesser percentage of people here. The rest take the opportunity to just go out and enjoy their day. Once again it could have played a part but I'm not sure that is the case here.

#34 deth

deth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2651 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

almost full here in Berlin

#35 Elvenstar

Elvenstar

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 294 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

we have an extended holiday sat, sun, & mon off so i expect better BO than usual
the screening today was 2/3 full here in St.Petersburg

#36 Nick Bone

Nick Bone

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

I´ve seen Skyfall 3 times now. I was at the premier in 26th October at the local theatre and... wow. The local theatre has never been full in my lifetime. I went to Helsinki the next day and there was a full house too. Last Wednesday (my 3rd time) the local cinema was almost full, only few places left.

People have been thrilled to see Skyfall here in Finland which is very nice indeed :)

#37 Aisforauric

Aisforauric

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

Rammed to the gun-barrels (sorry) both viewings I've attended so far.

#38 killkenny kid

killkenny kid

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6607 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

The line at Leicester Square are HUGE right now.

#39 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

I've just returned from the 19.10 screening. Completely full. Never seen anything like it, but then again it's Saturday at rush hour. Dreadfull audience. It was like a school play. Laugs at M's death, but the applauses at the end put a smile on my face. Certainly going for another 1 or 2 screenings in the coming week.

#40 solace

solace

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 284 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

37 million in first week according to BBC today. Just knocked Harry Potter off the all time top spot. Not too bad for a 50 year old.

#41 AgentBentley

AgentBentley

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:11 AM

About 20-25 viewers, which is not bad for a Monday 10:30 am showing.
At least 5 people stayed until the end of the credits, which is extremely rare.

#42 tuttle300

tuttle300

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

Well Cleveland hasn't changed in forty years
I went opening day here on Friday at the 330 showing and there were like TWELVE people in the theater

I guess people here prefer buying a cheapo DVD some the slacker at the day job so they can watch it on their 52 inch tv at home

But its cool. Much more enjoyable having the entire theater to myself actually

#43 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

Wasn't packed but that was because it was a Thursday night showing. All of the Friday IMAX showings were sold out.

#44 Double-0-Seven

Double-0-Seven

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2710 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

There was already a line-up for my 7:15 show at 6:00 before the previous showing had even let out. I'd say it was anywhere from 85-90% full, and it was in the biggest auditorium this particular theater has. Not sure of the capacity, but trust me, it's huge. Really the only section of empty seats was the very front, and even then some latecomers who arrived during the title sequence were more or less forced there because only scattered singles were available everywhere else.

As I walked out, there was again a huge line for the next showing which was at 10:30. Pretty cool to see!

I'm likely going again on Tuesday with a friend who couldn't make it last night. Different theater. It's cheap night and there's student specials so no matter what's playing it's usually packed. I'll be anxious to see how Bond fares then.

#45 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

The theater was 98% full. The line was long and when I got out, there was another long line for the next showing.

#46 Jose

Jose

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1020 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:46 AM

First screening was Friday morning at 11am (instead of 10 like I planned). Estimate of 20 people.
Second screening earlier today at 12pm was about 10 people or so.

I kind of liked having fewer people at the screenings because it meant less noise and allowed me to better enjoy the movie.

#47 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:52 AM

The American screenings seem to have fewer seats taken than various other countries - is Skyfall less popular over there?

#48 THX-007

THX-007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 208 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:07 AM

Very crowded . Had to sit in the front section but wasn't too bad. When the Aston was revealed that was a cry of delight and everyone applauded.

#49 Pam Bouvier

Pam Bouvier

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:25 AM

Saw it in Manteca last night. 6 p m showing was full house by the time the movie started. 10 p m didin't have a urge line waiting to get in ( appx. two dozen people) but 6 p m show didn't really start to fill up until about 5 minutes before the ads, so go figure :)

#50 copperhead1

copperhead1

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:32 AM

On a Thursday night (IMAX) showing @ 1015 pm our theatre was about 75% full here in the states.

#51 JB007YH

JB007YH

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 343 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:51 AM

I bought advance tickets weeks before to make sure I didnt lose out on seeing Bond in Imax at the first possible showing(12:07am Thurs Nov 8th). I live in NY and my area was terribly affected by Hurricane Sandy so I would assume the lack of attendees was attributed to that plus the ridiculous snow storm the night of the showing. I first saw it with my dad, the only person crazy enough to accompany me on the 45 min drive to the theater during the snowstorm. That night there were about 12-15 attendees. I am happy the theater gave me 4 of the special IMAX Bond posters!

The next day my friends wanted to see it with me so I saw the 10:15pm IMAX showing with them. Some people think its crazy that I saw it two times within 24 hrs, but I as a bond fan could not turn down another opportunity to see Bond on the big screen, let alone in IMAX. That showing was packed with very few empty seats. Since the next day was packed I would assume the weather is what screwed up the previous nights showing.
At the end of both screenings the crowd applauded when the credits started rolling. So I know everyone there enjoyed it almost as much as I did.

I love sitting back and hearing the Box Office numbers for this movie, it may be a possibility that a Billion is within reach! SkyFall is breaking records internationally, I wonder what the US weekend take will be

Edited by JB007YH, 11 November 2012 - 04:10 AM.

#52 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:55 AM

The multiplex I went to was showing Skyfall in 5-6 different auditoriums. We went to the 6:40 show, about the time I do for every new Bond release. It was mostly full. The bad part was right before the film started 6 young teenagers decided to sit right over on the side a couple of seats over from me and spent more time texting and playing musical chairs than watching the film until I had to be the bad guy, after which they shut up and acted decent. I hate when I wait 4 years for something this important to me and I have to play schoolmaster when their parents don't do the job.

Otherwise, the audience was pretty respectful, although several began laughing when Silva entered the church near the end, seemed out of place.

#53 Cody

Cody

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1393 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:26 AM

The first IMAX screening on Thursday was more sparsely populated, but attendance at the four smaller screen viewings I've had since have been great, with more people at each screening. Tonight's 7pm showing was packed.

The more people at a screening the better, I enjoy listening to the reactions to moments and lines. From my experience, the film is a real crowd pleaser.

#54 dogmanstar

dogmanstar

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 446 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

IMAX Saturday night--outside of Pittsburgh, full house. Applause at times during the traditional Bond reveals.

#55 Yellow Pinky

Yellow Pinky

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 338 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

First IMAX showing on opening Saturday was 80+% full. This was also a full-size legit digital IMAX theater. The audience at mine also erupted into applause when key classic 007 elements were introduced. They also applauded heartily at the end as the gunbarrel was revealed. All in all a nice lively crowd. The feature after mine was apparently sold out.

#56 FutureJamesBond

FutureJamesBond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:22 PM

I went opening day at 4:10, and there were only about 30 people there, including me and my friends. When we walked out at about 7, there was a line wrapping around the theater.

Guessing this is because most people were at work then.

#57 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

Had my first showing this past Saturday at 11:45am..a GREAT time to go.. It was in a huge theater which I would estimate could hold, somewhere between 250-300 people...and my showing was about 1/3rd full and plenty of space to stretch out. Simply awesome..

Audience reactions to the film...great.. They were quiet and attentive and quite a few chuckles and laughs happened at the appropriate moments...but the reveal of Bond's Aston Martin got the biggest response.. a big gasp of excitement and "Oh yeah!!" When I left the theater, there was already a line forming for the next screening in this particular auditorium, although there were about 3 other screenings going on in different theaters.

Going again for my 2nd viewing tomorrow afternoon!!

#58 DominicGreene

DominicGreene

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

Had my first showing this past Saturday at 11:45am..a GREAT time to go.. It was in a huge theater which I would estimate could hold, somewhere between 250-300 people...and my showing was about 1/3rd full and plenty of space to stretch out. Simply awesome..

Audience reactions to the film...great.. They were quiet and attentive and quite a few chuckles and laughs happened at the appropriate moments...but the reveal of Bond's Aston Martin got the biggest response.. a big gasp of excitement and "Oh yeah!!" When I left the theater, there was already a line forming for the next screening in this particular auditorium, although there were about 3 other screenings going on in different theaters.

Going again for my 2nd viewing tomorrow afternoon!!

That pretty much sums up my screening as well. The people were also nice enough to remain sitting while the gunbarrel played. I was surprised how many people stayed for the credits. About 80% of the people in the theatre didn't leave until a couple of minutes after the credits rolled.

Edited by DominicGreene, 12 November 2012 - 09:32 PM.

#59 john.steed

john.steed

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 271 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

I went to 3:15 showing at the Uptown Theater, a large, single screen theater in Washington DC. It was about 2/3 to 3/4 full.

#60 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:23 PM

My IMAX viewing last Saturday was a large screen theater, about half-full. 4:00 pm showing. Waiting in a line 10-15 minutes to get in, not too bad. Worth it just for IMAX.