This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

(Possible spoiler) Does Bond fight a ...?

73 replies to this topic

#61 L4YRCAKE

L4YRCAKE

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:38 PM

Yeah, one of them must have ratted.

Bwah hah ahh hahh!!! :)

yeah, I agree. There's still a great deal about this movie we don't know. And it seems obvious that they know they've got a great one on their hands. Sam Mendes may steal Christopher Nolan's reputation with this one.

#62 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:04 PM

Well, we've got it confirmed now.

#63 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:34 PM

Well, we've got it confirmed now.

Yep, soundtrack listings. I sure hope it´s not done in cringeworthy SciFichannel - DUD CGI.

#64 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:21 PM

I understand Bond doesn't actually fight the Komodo dragons. They're in the background when he fights Severine's bodyguards, and then the Komodo dragons finish them off.

#65 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:33 PM

I understand Bond doesn't actually fight the Komodo dragons. They're in the background when he fights Severine's bodyguards, and then the Komodo dragons finish them off.

Oh, ok, nice then. Do you have that one confirmed Vaux?

#66 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:03 PM

Pretty much. The exact scene description I have reads: "Bond and the Komodo dragons take out the bodyguards".

#67 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

Pretty much. The exact scene description I have reads: "Bond and the Komodo dragons take out the bodyguards".

"Bond and the Komodo dragons" - Title of unreleased Tarantino Bond flick?

Kidding aside, Thanks for the confimation Vaux ;)

#68 FutureJamesBond

FutureJamesBond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:50 PM

I've just seen a video on YouTube on the EPIX channel, and they have a 10 minute featurette about Filming Skyfall, and it shows the scene. It appears that the guards are talking to Bond, (possibly giving him trouble,) and Bond knocks the henchmen about with that mysterious silver briefcase. Once Bond thinks that the fight is over, the big "Komodo Man" tackles him, and they proceed to fall into the Komodo area, where they continue their fight.

#69 L4YRCAKE

L4YRCAKE

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:45 PM

That EPIX video is awesome, there's a lot of footage in it that isn't anywhere else, including Bond fighting the bodyguards and falling down to the pit where I'll assume there may be some komodo dragons.

Something else to point out: when Bond is tied to a chair and meeting Silva for what I assume is the first time, he has a fresh scar above his eye. I'm curious, if he doesn't directly fight the dragons himself, perhaps he has a close scrape with one, hence the scar? And it's a nod to the scar Bond has on his face in the books, or am I reaching...?

#70 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:27 AM

That EPIX video is awesome, there's a lot of footage in it that isn't anywhere else, including Bond fighting the bodyguards and falling down to the pit where I'll assume there may be some komodo dragons.

Something else to point out: when Bond is tied to a chair and meeting Silva for what I assume is the first time, he has a fresh scar above his eye. I'm curious, if he doesn't directly fight the dragons himself, perhaps he has a close scrape with one, hence the scar? And it's a nod to the scar Bond has on his face in the books, or am I reaching...?

If a Komodo dragon made that scar, the wound would be in a pretty nasty shape by then, given their bite is filled with bacteria. It usually just takes one bite to make the victim slowly die from poisoning due to the massive amount of bacteria in the animal´s mouth.

#71 L4YRCAKE

L4YRCAKE

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:35 AM

If a Komodo dragon made that scar, the wound would be in a pretty nasty shape by then, given their bite is filled with bacteria. It usually just takes one bite to make the victim slowly die from poisoning due to the massive amount of bacteria in the animal´s mouth.

Ha! Oh yeah, duh, I suppose I should've thought of that. Maybe that's why he takes that shower with Severine, to clean out the wound. :)

#72 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:21 AM

The bacteria thing is an urban myth.

Bond probably gets that cut during the fight on the yacht.

#73 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:12 PM

The bacteria thing is an urban myth.

I´ts even better than bacteria, from the BBC:

"It was once thought that Komodos used deadly saliva containing toxic bacteria to poison their prey. Studies have now shown that they are venomous. Glands in the jaw secrete a complex mix of toxic substances into a wound made by the dragon's teeth".

#74 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:20 PM

he should fight a...

GOLIATH BIRDEATER TARANTULA

now that is one scary creature

It would be a bit like
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS3Lb7PZDtQ