1981 replies to this topic

#631 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:59 PM

A little disapointed that Scotland is not being used but I guess this will do as a double for Scotland

#632 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:36 PM

I’m pretty certain this is Skyfall and it’s the building of a manor house that’s convinced me.

The original report that talked about the location hunt in Scotland, said they were looking for a dilapidated manor house or castle. I suspect that the script really called for the rundown manor house but they thought that a castle would do if a suitable one couldn’t be found. Ultimately, they’ve decided to go for the manor house even if they have to build one themselves.

#633 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:43 PM

I could see some kind of raid/attack on the manor house with Bond leading the way as this is the finale....it could be very exciting

#634 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:51 PM

Very interesting, it is likely they will film a stunt scene tomorrow! Starring Daniel Craig!

ShaazNOTshaz ShaazNOTshaz
A film crew has hired the roof terrace of my office on Sat and Daniel Craig will be jumping off the roof, presumably for the new Bond

I understand that she works in Canary Wharf:

Why are the clouds over Canary Wharf at such a weird angle?

I'm trying to figure out where is her workplace. My guess is the One Canada Square. Can anyone verify?

Whatever happens, it will be without DC, as he is in Manila to visit his wife for the weekend.

#635 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:04 PM

Makes sense as Rachel Weisz is currently filming The Bourne Legacy with Jeremy Renner in Manila at the moment..

#636 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:05 PM

I could see some kind of raid/attack on the manor house with Bond leading the way as this is the finale....it could be very exciting

I think it'll be more low-key than that. It's probably a scene where Bond confronts Albert Finney's character.

#637 DominicGreene

DominicGreene

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:33 PM

Very interesting, it is likely they will film a stunt scene tomorrow! Starring Daniel Craig!

A film crew has hired the roof terrace of my office on Sat and Daniel Craig will be jumping off the roof, presumably for the new Bond

I'm trying to figure out where is her workplace. My guess is the One Canada Square. Can anyone verify?

Whatever happens, it will be without DC, as he is in Manila to visit his wife for the weekend.

Wait what? Canada?

#638 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:39 PM

wondering where he will be going afterwards... London would be one hell of a weekend trip....

There was talks about him going to be there for a while, so maybe Shanghai is next.

#639 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:39 PM

Square, Canada Square. Wait. Wasn´t that the place some tabloid said Craig had a swim in a rooftop pool? You know? They had the picture of that bulding, here ya go. http://upload.wikime...nada_Square.png

#640 DominicGreene

DominicGreene

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:43 PM

Square, Canada Square. Wait. Wasn´t that the place some tabloid said Craig had a swim in a rooftop pool? You know? They had the picture of that bulding, here ya go. http://upload.wikime...nada_Square.png

If Bond was filming in Canada that would have been HUGE. And I didn't even hear about it.

If Bond was filming in Canada that would have been HUGE. And I didn't even hear about it.

I'm an idiot, nevermind....

#641 Luigi Ferrari

Luigi Ferrari

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:52 PM

From what I understand Daniel Craig was in Manila the last weekend:

http://www.interaksy...-bond-from-naia

"Craig’s weekend Manila visit had been the subject of speculation by local media but nobody knew his travel schedule until his mysterious arrival Saturday night, unnoticed even by airport authorities".

markgerald Mark Gerald Urbano
@RyanSeacrest Rachel Weisz and other actors of Bourne Legacy are filming here in Philippines, and Daniel Craig spotted also here.
14 Gen

Am I wrong?

Yes, you've hit the bull's eye...

Edited by Luigi Ferrari, 20 January 2012 - 08:52 PM.

#642 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:02 PM

From what I understand Daniel Craig was in Manila the last weekend:

http://www.interaksy...-bond-from-naia

"Craig’s weekend Manila visit had been the subject of speculation by local media but nobody knew his travel schedule until his mysterious arrival Saturday night, unnoticed even by airport authorities".

markgerald Mark Gerald Urbano
@RyanSeacrest Rachel Weisz and other actors of Bourne Legacy are filming here in Philippines, and Daniel Craig spotted also here.
14 Gen

Am I wrong?

Yes, you've hit the bull's eye...

There have been tweets about him in Manila starting 3 days after Rachel got there., but this is at least a proving picture and I doubt, he went there 2 weeks in a row. So, I think, this weekend is the right one.

#643 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:14 PM

Hmm.. the article mentioned that Craig arrived on a flight from Hong Kong... Could it be that he was in transit from Shanghai ?? hmm.. "What we want is a location fix on 007...Number 10 is making ugly noises about Operation: Skyfall!"

#644 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:23 PM

I'm an idiot, nevermind....

I assumed you knew about the square Dom and that you were trying to have a laugh ;) Never took you as an idiot, more of a humouristic genious. See what I did there? See?

PS: I´m an idiot, nevermind...

Still, it´s interesting that they´ve come back to said location right? It´s been mind boggling how this production has kept things so secretive.

Hmm.. the article mentioned that Craig arrived on a flight from Hong Kong... Could it be that he was in transit from Shanghai ?? hmm.. "What we want is a location fix on 007...Number 10 is making ugly noises about Operation: Skyfall!"

God, that must be tyresome. Traveling all those long distances. But he does have the missus to have fun with when he arrives ;)

Edited by univex, 20 January 2012 - 10:22 PM.

#645 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:09 PM

I think it'll be more low-key than that. It's probably a scene where Bond confronts Albert Finney's character.

If this is the finale, why would he be confronting Finney? Javier Bardem is the primary villain - we don't even know what role Finney is playing.

#646 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:10 PM

If this is the finale, why would he be confronting Finney? Javier Bardem is the primary villain - we don't even know what role Finney is playing.

Besides, one could argue Bourne has done that.

#647 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:11 PM

Exactly. Going by the reports that emerged when Finney was announced, he plays a character who is effectively M's boss. And while he could no doubt make life difficult for Bond, it doesn't automatically make him a villain.

#648 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:15 PM

Exactly. Going by the reports that emerged when Finney was announced, he plays a character who is effectively M's boss. And while he could no doubt make life difficult for Bond, it doesn't automatically make him a villain.

Interesting, if Finney is M´s supperior and Fiennes is M replacement (as it has been confirmed by a very good forum source), will they share common interests? Just stuff to think about...elaborate away Cap ;)

Edited by univex, 20 January 2012 - 11:17 PM.

#649 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:24 PM

I think we'll find that Finney is someone connected to "Skyfall" (whatever it might be), and sets himself up in M's territory to try and keep his name out it.

#650 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:43 PM

I think we'll find that Finney is someone connected to "Skyfall" (whatever it might be), and sets himself up in M's territory to try and keep his name out it.

And Fiennes? I suppose he could be the new M, but as a "internal affairs" kind of agent like you said a while back.

PS: Finney and Fiennes sounds like a cartoon. Never mind...

#651 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:46 PM

In that case, I'd say Fiennes is an unwitting agent of Finney - brought in to conduct an internal review of MI6, unaware that Finney has an ulterior motive: for Fiennes to find whatever he can to discredit M. Fiennes would eventually work out that he is being used.

#652 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:49 PM

In that case, I'd say Fiennes is an unwitting agent of Finney - brought in to conduct an internal review of MI6, unaware that Finney has an ulterior motive: for Fiennes to find whatever he can to discredit M. Fiennes would eventually work out that he is being used.

Nice, maybe Fiennes outsmarts Finney, thus beginning a relationship of mutual respect with 007.

Edited by univex, 20 January 2012 - 11:49 PM.

#653 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:59 PM

Bardem's a villain.

#654 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:01 AM

"The firm wants to shoot on Mynydd y Llan on the Black Mountain in Carmarthenshire for three months, building a chapel and a manor house.
A final decision will be made by park authority members on 20 January.
The agent for the film company says spending of more than £1.4m locally is possible"

Financial problems you say? Where? The´re bulding their own chapel and manor house!!

Edited by univex, 21 January 2012 - 12:02 AM.

#655 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:03 AM

Bardem's a villain.

Yes, he's a villain - the main villain. They said as much at the press conference.

#656 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:03 AM

Bardem's a villain.

And even then, I don´t think he´ll be your typical, run of the mill villain. Given his comments at the press conference, I´d say we´ll be able to identify or at least feel some empathy towards his reasons or goals.

#657 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:30 AM

Bardem's a villain.

Bardem is much more than a villain in Skyfall - he is The-Villain-of-the-Piece as described by Sam Mendes.

#658 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:37 AM

Bardem's a villain.

Bardem is much more than a villain in Skyfall - he is The-Villain-of-the-Piece as described by Sam Mendes.

But not really a bad guy per se, if we take his words to the letter (Bardem´s). "Who told you that a villain is a bad person?"

#659 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:49 AM

Bardem's a villain.

But not really a bad guy per se, if we take his words to the letter (Bardem´s). "Who told you that a villain is a bad person?"

Oh, I wouldn’t read too much into what was said at the conference in that way.
That and the “He’s just misunderstood” line, well, I think it was a bit of humorous irony for those who’ve seen the script. They all laughed after all. A bit like saying, “That Joseph Stalin, he was just so misunderstood.”

#660 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:58 AM

Bardem's a villain.

We'll see.