Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:30 PM

It appears that they're currently filming at St Anne's Square today:

JWilliamson69 Josh
James bond is filming at st Anne's sq!!!
7 min ago

Good find!

He seems to be talking about St Ann’s Sq in Manchester (?) – first I’ve heard about filming in that city. Let’s keep an eye and see if we can work out if this is true or not. But interesting all the same.

#602 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:59 PM

They are filming something there (St Ann’s Sq in Manchester) but it doesn't sound like Skyfall.

@bbqfoodisgoodSarah Rundle
Just saw Combo from This Is England and maybe/maybe not Sean Bean filming in St Ann's Square

@lyndamoyo
Just seen Al Capone AKA Boardwalk Empire actor Stephen Graham in St Ann's Square, Manchester. Made my day. Love that show.

#603 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:03 PM

006 is back!

#604 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:10 PM

They are filming something there (St Ann’s Sq in Manchester) but it doesn't sound like Skyfall.

Just saw Combo from This Is England and maybe/maybe not Sean Bean filming in St Ann's Square

@lyndamoyo
Just seen Al Capone AKA Boardwalk Empire actor Stephen Graham in St Ann's Square, Manchester. Made my day. Love that show.

http://www.digitalsp...ns-accused.html

#605 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:19 PM

@lyndamoyo

http://www.digitalsp...ns-accused.html

Thanks! That's what they are doing there, it's not Skyfall.

#606 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:28 PM

Apparently they were filming in Bognor Regis today. It's up to you to decide whether or not to believe this girl:

specialdelia special delia
They were filming the new James Bond film in Bognor Regis today. Daniel Craig was seen in his trunks. HOW EXCITING.

@specialdelia special delia
@Dill74 And it was SO foggy round here too, can't imagine they got much footage.

Yes, it was quite foggy on the south coast yesterday. I’m there myself right now – Brighton.
This is just people having a joke based on the rubbish in that spiteful, Bond-detesting rag.

I agree with you Shrublands, I think this woman has misinterpreted what she read in the newspapers yesterday. Based on my research, they were at Pinewood Studios yesterday, but I know nothing more.

This doesn't make sense. IF they are filming there, they certainly won't make it seem like another season and since we have winter, how much sense does it make for Bond to go swimming in his trunks? Not a wet suit or anything, but trunks? I highly doubt that. Also - fat chance Daniel will catch a cold and how sensible is that? Bullocks...

#607 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:34 PM

Just to play Devil's Advocate here, I think Bond having a very cold swim in horrible conditions would suit the Craig-era theme very well. Perhaps he's even washed up on that beach. So it's not beyond the possible.

#608 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:49 PM

It's not what they say, it's that they say it in the first place. The Mirror knows perfectly well that this is completely made up, but they get people talking about it. Given their dislike of Bond in general and Craig in particular, they may be trying to drive people away from the film by making it look bad.

C´mon. Tabloids always play that game with everybody. Why doesn´t EON put a stop to the Bond hate? Because they know it does not matter. Even better: bad news are still PR and create awareness. So let them keep up the misinformation game. When SKYFALL premieres people will know that the film is worth their money. Or not.

#609 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:50 PM

Just to play Devil's Advocate here, I think Bond having a very cold swim in horrible conditions would suit the Craig-era theme very well. Perhaps he's even washed up on that beach. So it's not beyond the possible.

Yeah, I could see something like that happening, regardless of whether this Bognor thing is true or not.

#610 PPK_19

PPK_19

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1312 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:18 PM

The Guardian are running with this Bognor Regis thing too: http://www.guardian....s?newsfeed=true

Apparently, Skyfall can no longer afford to film in 'five of its planned six countries'.

This is bollocks right?

#611 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:20 PM

The Guardian are running with this Bognor Regis thing too: http://www.guardian....s?newsfeed=true

Apparently, Skyfall can no longer afford to film in 'five of its planned six countries'.

This is bollocks right?

Right.

If you read the Guardian article, it is simple reporting that The Mirror is reporting this.
Why the Guardian feels the need to keep it readers informed as to what The Mirror has to say is beyond me.

#612 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:26 PM

It's possibly bollocks. Time will tell.

#613 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:32 PM

Why the Guardian feels the need to keep it readers informed as to what The Mirror has to say is beyond me.

It's because like The Mirror, The Guardian is one of those anti-Bond papers, or at least anti- the idea of Bond still being relevant in the modern age. I can't count how many times The Guardian has arrogantly declared Bond a walking corpse, mocked the franchise or Ian Fleming's novels, or proposed ways to "improve it" by dismantling the formula (i.e. scrap the songs).

#614 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:41 PM

Yep, every news outlet that's reported this story hates James Bond.

Meanwhile, back in the real world...

#615 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:42 PM

It's because like The Mirror, The Guardian is one of those anti-Bond papers, or at least anti- the idea of Bond still being relevant in the modern age. I can't count how many times The Guardian has arrogantly declared Bond a walking corpse, mocked the franchise or Ian Fleming's novels, or proposed ways to "improve it" by dismantling the formula (i.e. scrap the songs).

Correct and of course the whole thing is utterly irresistible to the average Guardian hack, they get to write stuff like:-

“Let's have a scene in Skyfall where 007 checks into Butlins and has to plod from his chalet to the on-site Spar in a dressing gown for some milk and a Crunchie.”
And
“I literally can't wait for a climactic showdown between Craig and Bardem set against one of the quarterly Yapton and District Cottage Gardeners Society's flower shows.”
They could fill 20 issues of the Guardian with this sort of smug, mocking crap…and probably will.

#616 quantumofsolace

quantumofsolace

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1563 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:43 PM

more of the same here

http://www.denofgeek...gnor_regis.html

#617 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:35 PM

thanks to GermanLady who posted at Mi6

https://twitter.com/#!/leonbrownie11/status/160061753198264320/photo/1

#618 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:25 PM

http://www.tjbd.co.u...rce=twitterfeed

again thanks to Germanlady for posting it on the other site

#619 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:38 PM

Clearly there's a fair bit of funeral stuff.

#620 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:44 PM

They wanted to do a Wootton Bassett-type scene
http://www.telegraph...f-mourning.html

#621 Luigi Ferrari

Luigi Ferrari

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:07 PM

iJ0rd8n Jordan
New Bond film; Filming in Elstead, Surrey! Crew were seen in the WolfPack Last Night!! #JamesBond #Elstead #Godalming

iJ0rd8n Jordan
Ive heard that some filming is taking place saturday evening off Thursley common!! #JamesBond #Godalming #Surrey

@iJ0rd8n Jordan
@LoveGodalming It is the new shoot!!! they are filming down thursley all the way to elstead/eashing

http://www.godalming...ry.html?ito=SPT

BOND IS BACK-AROUND GODALMING AS FILMING FOR NEW 007 BLOCKBUSTER BEGINS LOCALLY

Members of the location crew for the latest 007 blockbuster 'Skyfall' have begun arriving at areas around Elstead in an operation worthy of secret storyline from the silver super spy himself.
For despite location signs directing filming vehicles and following signs for '23' (try the 23rd Bond film) security staff at the location between Thursley Road and Pitch Place were attempting to keep tight lipped about the use of huge trucks arriving on the pictureseque country site.
"I don't know anything.....I think this is for Army use" said one security official.
Meanwhile, members of the crew were already out and about in Elstead last night.
It is still unclear whether Bond star Daniel Craig will be filming in the area, which has long been a favourite with filmakers through the years, after using the surrounding locations for such movie blockbusters as Gladiator, Robin Hood and the 007 adventure Die Another Day.
Keep your eyes open for the stars! Let us know if you see or hear anything!

Edited by Luigi Ferrari, 20 January 2012 - 03:31 PM.

#622 Luigi Ferrari

Luigi Ferrari

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:57 PM

Very interesting, it is likely they will film a stunt scene tomorrow! Starring Daniel Craig!

ShaazNOTshaz ShaazNOTshaz
A film crew has hired the roof terrace of my office on Sat and Daniel Craig will be jumping off the roof, presumably for the new Bond

I understand that she works in Canary Wharf:

ShaazNOTshaz ShaazNOTshaz
Why are the clouds over Canary Wharf at such a weird angle?

I'm trying to figure out where is her workplace. My guess is the One Canada Square. Can anyone verify?

Edited by Luigi Ferrari, 20 January 2012 - 05:57 PM.

#623 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:48 PM

iJ0rd8n Jordan
New Bond film; Filming in Elstead, Surrey! Crew were seen in the WolfPack Last Night!! #JamesBond #Elstead #Godalming

iJ0rd8n Jordan
Ive heard that some filming is taking place saturday evening off Thursley common!! #JamesBond #Godalming #Surrey

@iJ0rd8n Jordan
@LoveGodalming It is the new shoot!!! they are filming down thursley all the way to elstead/eashing

http://www.godalming...ry.html?ito=SPT

BOND IS BACK-AROUND GODALMING AS FILMING FOR NEW 007 BLOCKBUSTER BEGINS LOCALLY

Members of the location crew for the latest 007 blockbuster 'Skyfall' have begun arriving at areas around Elstead in an operation worthy of secret storyline from the silver super spy himself.
For despite location signs directing filming vehicles and following signs for '23' (try the 23rd Bond film) security staff at the location between Thursley Road and Pitch Place were attempting to keep tight lipped about the use of huge trucks arriving on the pictureseque country site.
"I don't know anything.....I think this is for Army use" said one security official.
Meanwhile, members of the crew were already out and about in Elstead last night.
It is still unclear whether Bond star Daniel Craig will be filming in the area, which has long been a favourite with filmakers through the years, after using the surrounding locations for such movie blockbusters as Gladiator, Robin Hood and the 007 adventure Die Another Day.
Keep your eyes open for the stars! Let us know if you see or hear anything!

Edit

#624 Luigi Ferrari

Luigi Ferrari

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:33 PM

aaz_ Aaron Young
Bond 23 (Skyfall) people!! Filming a driving scene. In the same location Sherlock fell to his non-death last week. Nobody impressed?! lol
1 hour ago

aaz_ Aaron Young
Just received a circular that B23 Limited will be filming a scene for a new feature called 'B23', by the office next Sat! That's 23, B23...
2 hours ago

Edited by Luigi Ferrari, 20 January 2012 - 05:36 PM.

#625 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:06 PM

anyone know what in the area? is it a castle? I not familar with the lcoation.

#626 Luigi Ferrari

Luigi Ferrari

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:13 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-wales-16652297

Brecon Beacons filming approved among James Bond Skyfall speculation
A film firm has taken a step closer to being able to use the Brecon Beacons as a location for a movie it wants to keep under wraps.
The area's national park authority, meeting in Brecon, cleared a request to film on Mynydd y Llan near Llandovery.
Any location work would have to be approved by the Welsh government, which has 21 days to respond.
There has been speculation the filming is for the new James Bond movie, Skyfall.
The film company, which has not declared its identity or details about the film, says it intends to bring in 200 people for the production near Myddfai, Carmarthenshire.
It says it would need access to the land for a period of three months and permission to create a chapel and manor house. Filming would take place over three weeks.
The agent for the film company says spending of more than £1.4m locally is possible.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-wales-16539392

Brecon Beacons ruling on film firm's location request
A film company is seeking permission to use a Welsh mountainside as a location, but it wants to keep the details about the production under wraps.
Planning officers from Brecon Beacons Park Authority are to say later if they think the application should go ahead.
The firm wants to shoot on Mynydd y Llan on the Black Mountain in Carmarthenshire for three months, building a chapel and a manor house.
A final decision will be made by park authority members on 20 January.
The agent for the film company says spending of more than £1.4m locally is possible.
The authority's planning officers received the request in mid December.
It has created speculation in the villages of Llangadog, Myddfai and Llanddeusant in the east of the county.
The film company, which has not declared its identity or details about the film, says it intends to bring in 200 people for the production near Myddfai.
'Tight timescale'
It says it would need access to the land for a period of three months and permission to create a chapel and manor house. Filming would take place over three weeks.
Janet Long, an agent for the applicant, said: "There is a great deal of commercial sensitivity about projects such as this.
"However, I can confirm there would be a significant local spend, possibly higher than £1.4m."
John Cook, chief executive of Brecon Beacons National Park Authority, said no final decision had been made on the application.
He said: "There is interest from a filming unit for a particular site in the west of the park.
"They have a tight timescale to work to in terms of filming deadlines, budgets deadlines, so they have asked us to deal with this as quickly as we can.
"It will be considered in exactly the same way as any other planning application, the only difference is officers will work very hard with the applicant to ensure that it can come to a committee sooner than would normally take place."

Edited by Luigi Ferrari, 20 January 2012 - 06:22 PM.

#627 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:26 PM

interesting...I wonder what they plan to use it for......

#628 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:45 PM

For the finale. Just watching a report on this on BBC Wales Today.

#629 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:48 PM

I guess it was going to be the finale.....but is there a castle in the area? any clue what ind of finale it possible could be?

#630 Luigi Ferrari

Luigi Ferrari

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:53 PM

I guess it was going to be the finale.....but is there a castle in the area? any clue what ind of finale it possible could be?

"It says it would need access to the land for a period of three months and permission to create a chapel and manor house."

Edited by Luigi Ferrari, 20 January 2012 - 06:56 PM.