1332 replies to this topic

#211 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 05:18 PM

Awesome Adventures. Used to love that show as a kid. Always meant to write in an enter. Never got round to it. Brought back all sorts of good memories B)

#212 Ambler

Ambler

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 07:32 PM

Finished the third season of Battlestar Galactica, need to get out and buy more of these dru... sorry, DVD-sets. I have rarely been so visibly shaken after watching something the way I was after watching the finale of the season. Absolutely amazing, makes most Hollywood blockbusters look really dull, embarrasing and childish in comparasion.

If you don't watch this show, you don't know what you're missing.

Hmmm, I was a big fan of the miniseries and first two seasons, but I think Galactica began to fall apart in S3. Still, it had a great first two years.

I'm watching Dexter at the moment. Another series that has gone to pieces in Season 3. Maybe I'll give Psychoville a chance.

Edited by Ambler, 20 June 2009 - 07:33 PM.

#213 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 11:18 PM

24: Season 5.

Currently on the '12:00pm - 1:00pm' episode.

Compelling stuff! B)

#214 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 08:28 PM

Finished season 2 of DEXTER. Even better than the first, and I'm very much looking forward to seeing season 3. I hope to get caught up in time for season 4. I'm definitely glad to have a new show to follow in the fall as it's going to be a long wait until March 2010, when CHUCK finally returns.

#215 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:46 PM

Rove, with special guest stars, Bruno, and the Prime Minister Kevin Rudd.

When Rove asked Bruno why he made the movie, he replied...

"Why did Aristotle build Rome in a day? Why did Leonardo di Caprio paint the Mona Lisa? Why did Jesus write the Bible? At the end of the day, I wanted to make the first blockbuster movie starring a gay Austrian since Terminator 2.

#216 Licence_007

Licence_007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:50 PM

I've been watching M*A*S*H a lot recently. Brilliant programme.

#217 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 12:00 AM

Currently on Day 6 of 24! (3:00pm - 4:00pm)

Good stuff! B)

#218 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 12:07 AM

currently watching episode 10 from season 4 of SUPERNATURAL.

#219 AgentBentley

AgentBentley

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:39 AM

The Wire.

Solid series. Didn't see it from the beginning, so I still have to find my way around some of the characters and around Baltimore.

#220 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:44 AM

Watching an episode of American Dad.

#221 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 03:43 AM

I've been having a CHUCK marathon the last few days. I've watched 28 of the show's 35 episodes up to this point, and the show's grown on me even more than it had the first time I watched it through (and after a first viewing it was already my favorite show on TV). Now I'd say that it's one of my favorite shows ever.

#222 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 04:23 AM

Watching Dead Like Me. Love this show. Wish they hadn't cancelled it.

#223 jwheels

jwheels

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 03:21 PM

Been watching My Name is Earl DVD's.

#224 Joe Bond

Joe Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:30 PM

I've been having a CHUCK marathon the last few days. I've watched 28 of the show's 35 episodes up to this point, and the show's grown on me even more than it had the first time I watched it through (and after a first viewing it was already my favorite show on TV). Now I'd say that it's one of my favorite shows ever.

Good to see a fellow Chuck fan and that Season Two finale had a great twist in it. It was the must watch show for me last fall and will probably stay that way this fall.

Harper's Island

This show could have turned into just a gimmick but it actually turned out to be great when it comes the horror genre, I like it when a horror show/movie doesn't rely on cliche supernatural elements and thankfully this does not, a great cast of relatively unknown actors plus the villain is really insane.

Twin Peaks

I have seen the first four episode of the first season and I like oddities like a FBI agent who cares a lot about the hotels he visits to have the most tasty coffee and likes towns with tasty foods.

#225 Double-0-7

Double-0-7

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3629 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:40 PM

The latest episode of "Weeds" last night.

There is nothing morally right about that show, but it sure is fun. B)

#226 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 04:53 AM

Talking 'bout my Generation - the excellent Australian comedy quiz show.

#227 00Twelve

00Twelve

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7706 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 04:57 AM

Catching up on all the CSI (Vegas) that I've missed this season.

#228 Cruiserweight

Cruiserweight

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6815 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:55 AM

Cash Cab

#229 Ambler

Ambler

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:08 AM

Dollhouse.

Great premise, gross show.

#230 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:27 PM

Good to see a fellow Chuck fan and that Season Two finale had a great twist in it. It was the must watch show for me last fall and will probably stay that way this fall.

Agreed. Great show, and I'm glad that the Season 2 finale didn't end up being the series finale, as ending the series on a twist like that would have been awful (great, interesting twist, but it would've been awful if that was the last moment of the series). It's a shame, though, that we've got to wait until March 2010 for new episodes. B)

I started watching the third season of DEXTER last night. So far, I'm actually enjoying it a bit more than the terrific second season. As good as the second season was (and it was very good), it was still a bit cliched in the whole idea of it being the big manhunt type of storyline. Season 3 seems to have a bit more intrigue to it, and the progression of the personal relationships in the show are much more interesting so far as well.

#231 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 11:37 PM

Finished season 3 of DEXTER. I know that season 2 is generally considered to be the strongest season of the show, but I think that season 3 was a vast improvement over the first two seasons. Jimmy Smits was very entertaining as the season's guest star, and with the way things end up in this season, it should be very interesting to see where they take the show in the fourth season.

#232 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 12:21 AM

Still working my way through Day 6 of 24.

#233 agentjamesbond007

agentjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 01:38 AM

Family Guy

I don't watch it very often, but I still enjoy it

#234 Sark2.0

Sark2.0

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 332 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 01:42 AM

The Venture Bros.

If you haven't seen it, you should't give it a watch. There's five episodes from the official website on that link, and honestly, if you're on CBn right now, are you telling me you don't have 22 free minutes B)

#235 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 04:58 AM

Finished my CHUCK marathon tonight. All 35 episodes in a little over a week. I'd have to say that it's now one of my all-time favorite shows. Everything about the show is great (especially the comedic trio of Zachary Levi, Yvonne Strahovski, and Adam Baldwin), and I'm eagerly looking forward to March 2010 when the show finally returns.

#236 bondrules

bondrules

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2190 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 03:25 AM

Late Night with David Letterman. (Guests Serena Williams & Hayden Pennetiere.)

Serena Williams seems really nice, but boy, she looks like a man. No, really.

#237 jwheels

jwheels

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:49 AM

Been making my way slowly through The Shield. Trying to watch the whole series, and I'm on the second to last episode of season 1.

#238 Jeao007

Jeao007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:32 AM

Just watched The Late show with Conan O'Brian. He is so much funnier than Letterman...

#239 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 06:16 AM

Been making my way slowly through The Shield. Trying to watch the whole series, and I'm on the second to last episode of season 1.

Oh man, you ain't seen nuthin' yet.

#240 00Twelve

00Twelve

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7706 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 06:35 AM

I was skeptical that I would, but I really enjoyed the new dynamic of CSI once Fishburne replaced Petersen as the series lead. And I say that as an ardent fan of Petersen and his character, and where the writers took his and Jorja Fox's characters. As it turns out, it was a good and graceful move for him to go. The show went to such dark places in the last two and a half seasons, the show was growing tired to me. Season 8 was pretty bad all around due to the strike and Gary Dourdan's personal issues, and Season 9 kicked off with Grissom getting more and more jaded toward his job. The writers obviously wanted to punch up the old feel of camaraderie with the restructured team this past spring, and it worked wonders. After the darker first half of Season 9, the team feels fresh and the characters get more interesting things to do. Fishburne is awesome, by the way. A wonderful addition. I'm excited to see what happens next season, especially with the season finale not being some "Are they gonna DIE?!?!" cliffhanger (for a change).