#1321 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 07:06 AM

CAPRICA

Am in the middle of the first and sadly last season - and I absolutely LOVE it. What a great, exciting piece of Science Fiction. Wonderfully acted, written, shot. I can only interpret its early end was due to the aftermath of oversaturation with BSG. Had it been shot and put on the air during the early BSG seasons people probably would have flocked to it and seen it as a fitting companion piece.

#1322 Monkeyfoahead

Monkeyfoahead

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts
  • Location:A hollowed-out volcano, a submarine, and a moon base.

Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:14 PM

CAPRICA

Am in the middle of the first and sadly last season - and I absolutely LOVE it. What a great, exciting piece of Science Fiction. Wonderfully acted, written, shot. I can only interpret its early end was due to the aftermath of oversaturation with BSG. Had it been shot and put on the air during the early BSG seasons people probably would have flocked to it and seen it as a fitting companion piece.

I was also sad that this got cancelled. :( I don't think that syfy put that much effort into the marketing and promotion of the show. I remember seeing some commercials for it on syfy, but they were few and far between. I didn't see any on other networks.... In addition to that, Alessandra Toressani was fairly hot in it. Just sayin.

#1323 jrcjohnny99

jrcjohnny99

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:49 PM

EXTRAS :*****:

I own the series, so I pull it out twice a year, at least, to watch it. I understand why some people don't find Ricky Gervais traditionally funny (as opposed to stand up comedians), but he's a very talented writer and he's got some great insights into the business world and Hollywood and the cult of celebrity. If anyone at THE GOLDEN GLOBES had watched EXTRAS before attending the awards show, they'd have known what they were getting into. Gervais is merciless when it comes to celebrities who take themselves too seriously.

I've also said it before and I"ll say it again that British comedy is still much more daring and innovative that American comedy (and I do love American comedies as well; South Park, Big Bang Theory, etc...). But there was one episode of EXTRAS where Gervais, afraid that people might think he was gay, refused to do a male-on-male kissing scene in a play directed by Ian McKellan. During the play, Gervais' character, Andy Millman, quits, tells the audience what they missed, and walks off....fade to credits. Only on a British television show can you find a lead character who isn't particularly likeable, nor learns a life-lesson in 30 minutes and starts to do the right thing. At the end of it all the character is real and tragic and also unrepentant; rarely do you see that on American television (the few examples I can think of are SEINFELD and STRANGERS WITH CANDY).

Also picked up all 3 seasons of MAD MEN on dvd today; Target has them on sale for 16.99.

Gervais is an outstanding writer;
Just finished watching "An Idiot Abroad"; was literally weeping with laughter during the "Karl Comes Home" finale...

#1324 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:52 PM

Two And A Half Men

#1325 Monkeyfoahead

Monkeyfoahead

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts
  • Location:A hollowed-out volcano, a submarine, and a moon base.

Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:55 PM

Two And A Half Men

How much coke did Charlie Sheen have?

Enough to kill two and a half men.

#1326 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 04:02 PM

Two And A Half Men

How much coke did Charlie Sheen have?

Enough to kill two and a half men.

Hahaha! He is a crazy person that man, but I really love the show. Too bad his insanity has led to its cancellation.

#1327 Red Barchetta

Red Barchetta

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1161 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:21 PM

CNN pretty much for the last few days.

#1328 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:28 PM

CALIFORNICATION - Season Three

I think that Season One was the best and Season Two at times pretty awful and even repulsive. Season Three is a slow return to form while having at least a fantastic guest starring turn by 80´s rock star RICK SPRINGFIELD.

#1329 Agent Tatiana Gogol

Agent Tatiana Gogol

Cadet

• Crew
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:09 PM

Every weekday night comes this show on TV, never get bored to it and it's getting better and better every time watching it, and that is: Dallas. The bestest TV shows (and music) comes from the 80's that's for sure! J.R Ewing - my fav character.

Curious to see this new coming Dallas series. It's not going to be as good as the ole original was, but if it's possible to see it here in Finland too, I definitely will watch it!

Edited by Agent Tatiana Gogol, 07 April 2011 - 07:11 PM.

#1330 glidrose

glidrose

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 12:11 AM

Anybody else see that seven-plus hour reboot of "The Apprentice" last (Tuesday) night? All the networks were carrying it for some reason. Even PBS.

The producers seem to think they can get eight seasons out of it but I don't see it running more than four.

#1331 Eric Stromberg

Eric Stromberg

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 10:08 PM

Remington Steele reruns on DVD. Last night's episode: "You're Steele the One for Me". Love the 1982 hair, Pierce!

#1332 PrinceKamalKhan

PrinceKamalKhan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11139 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 07:35 PM

The Big Valley Christmas episode from its 1st season. The lawyer son Jarrod brings his client, a girlfriend of the head of an outlaw gang, to the Barclay home for Christmas.

#1333 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 08:32 PM

American Horror Story - ASYLUM: Entertaining, but definitely cramming too much into the season, serial killer(s), badlam horrors, alien abductions, Nazi horror experiments, possession by demons, the oppressive atmosphere of sixties hinterlands, neglected and abused patients and tons of more stuff. All in all too much for my tastes, also in terms of gore. The first season made very good use of relatively little splatter and graphic violence. In ASYLUM all stops are pulled and the result isn't, in my view, improved by it.

Next I finally managed to watch the first season of GAME OF THRONES. Since I only recently reread the book I'm surprised how close to the source this turned out, indeed a joy to see such a sprawling tale tackled so successfully for TV.

And I just finished the first episode of THE OA. Intriguing but perhaps a bit slow with getting its bearing and direction.