97 replies to this topic

#91 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 12:20 PM

I reckon he could have made at least ten films in total if he'd stuck with it.

Yeah. How different the Bond universe could have been.

Quite possibly better? I would have loved a Hunt/Lazenby Diamonds Are Forever. After that, I'm not sure. I love Live And Let Die with Roger Moore, so I'm a bit stuck on how many I would've liked Lazenby to do. More than one anyway!

#92 HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4361 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 01:28 PM

Quite possibly better?

You guys and your wierd retrospective fantasies. :)

The Bond Universe would have imploded into nothingness if he wasn't limited to one.

HE COULD NOT ACT!!!

O.H.M.S.S. would have been a better film had he NOT been in it!!!

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO KEEP REMINDING PEOPLE THAT LINE AFTER LINE WAS ADDED IN POST-PRODUCTION BECAUSE HE WAS A :( ACTOR.

#93 Pete

Pete

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 164 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 01:43 PM

EON should have, at minimum, followed up OHMSS with a true sequel. True, they were backed into a corner because they had already made YOLT. But it would have been nice to have Laz finish what he started in OHMSS and really give it to Blofeld, a la Fleming's YOLT. Would have been a nice finish.

You don't get it. Lazenby was history after OHMSS was in the can. Period. Eon wiped away any hint of him there after. They had to release the movie of course, but after it was said and done the Aussie was persona non grata. End of story.

That's not quite true, as Lazeby's Bond is refered to in FYEO & LTK (also one of Brosnans, TND I believe)you can't mention Tracy or Bond having been married if you try to say OHMSS didn't happen. In TLD in the PTS one of the extras was chosen because of his likeness to Lazenby (+ two others who resembled Moore & Connery)

Back on Topice I feel he should have done another three at least, anything not to have had Roger Moore in the role.

Edited by Pete, 27 November 2008 - 01:51 PM.

#94 HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4361 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 03:45 PM

Back on Topice I feel he should have done another three at least, anything not to have had Roger Moore in the role.

Ha! Your opinion, of course. For many of us, however, Roger kept the flame alive and was a popular Bond.

LALD, Spy and Moonraker were huge successes. He was so engrained in the public's consciousness into the 1980s as 007 that Octopussy even out-gunned Never Say Never Again.

Further, Roger Moore is a gentleman. He and Dalton are true gentlemen. The same could not be said of the three other Bonds of their eras.

Lazenby was lucky that he got to play the part...and he's been feeding off that lucky strike of 1968/69 ever since.

#95 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 12:16 AM

You seem to be on a real anti-Lazenby crusade these days, Hilly. :(

#96 AlwaysanAston

AlwaysanAston

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 04:52 AM

I'm quite sure its been said before many times, however, the brilliance of Lazenby is the fact that it is one film. This kid knocked the cover off the preverbial ball. OHMSS stand alone as one of, if not thee, best of the best.

I appreciate it for what it is. A small slice of perfection.

#97 Double-Oh Agent

Double-Oh Agent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4325 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:33 AM

I would say at least two, no more than four. I'd be more inclined to go with the smaller number than the larger.

#98 DABOY

DABOY

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 01:42 AM

Quite possibly better?

You guys and your wierd retrospective fantasies. :)

The Bond Universe would have imploded into nothingness if he wasn't limited to one.

HE COULD NOT ACT!!!

O.H.M.S.S. would have been a better film had he NOT been in it!!!

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO KEEP REMINDING PEOPLE THAT LINE AFTER LINE WAS ADDED IN POST-PRODUCTION BECAUSE HE WAS A :( ACTOR.

OHMSS was one of the best films in the Bond series and I believe he should've stoped between TSWLM and MR.