71 replies to this topic

#31 Bondian

Bondian

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8019 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 09:49 PM

Thought is was common knowledge that Bond used Leiter's beard as padding in the torture scene. :D

#32 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 10:26 PM

Thought is was common knowledge that Bond used Leiter's beard as padding in the torture scene. :P

You naughty man, you; don't you know there are children reading this? :D

#33 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 11:18 PM

Thought is was common knowledge that Bond used Leiter's beard as padding in the torture scene. :D

Ah well that explains why he had a little itch down there.

#34 killkenny kid

killkenny kid

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6607 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 04:58 AM

I quite like the beard to be honest. Plus, without it, killkenny kid looks dramatically younger than Daniel Craig.

I'm so vain after reading this, I shaved the beard and posted my personel photo.

just joking, Vauxhall. :D

#35 LadySylvia

LadySylvia

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1299 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:15 AM

Having a a beard myself, I think a beard can make one look more distinquished and manly.

Take these examples:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I was enjoying this thread until I came across this example of Cruise-bashing. God, will it ever end? :D

#36 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:47 AM

Haha, that bearded Connery pic looks like his beard is connected to his eyebrow. :D

#37 TheSaint

TheSaint

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3067 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 09:29 AM

Not a big fan of Tom, Mr.*?

#38 MarcAngeDraco

MarcAngeDraco

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3312 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 11:15 AM

Having a a beard myself, I think a beard can make one look more distinquished and manly.

Take these examples:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mr. *,

Love the examples, and love the quote on your sig. I've got to hear that song now.

#39 han4bond

han4bond

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 02:54 PM

He'd better not touch the damn thing, or else we'll soon see a new website pop up - www.jeffreywrightisnotfelixleiter.com

Articles galore about how he just 'doesn't have' what David Hedison brought to the role. Misers begging for Hugh Jackman to take over. Clever twistings of the phrase 'keep the fruit' into 'he's a fruit,' etc...

Actually, there's an active campaign for either Paul Giamatti or Steve Buscemi to take over the role. :tup:

No, No, No , No, NO!!!!!

Felix Leiter is and always has been a sort of American counterpart to 007, presumably with similar deeds and adventures to our British friend, if perhaps not quite as extravagant. Why replace Jeffrey Wright, who looks and acts like he could stab a man in the back and then sleep with his sister, with short, balding men who routinely play janitors?

Nothing against either actor, both of whom deserve credit for their various successes, but... no, just no.

I'm probably preaching to the choir, but I just had to rant. Let the healthy discussion continue.

#40 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 12:53 AM

I think Craig should have kept his beard from Golden Compass :tup:

#41 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 05:07 AM

That would be kind of cool. :tup:

#42 Red Barchetta

Red Barchetta

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1161 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 06:17 AM

BREAKING NEWS - Jeffrey Wright's beard reportedly in on-set fight with Giancarlo Giannini's moustache. Moustache refuses to film scenes with beard, threatens to quit. Daniel Craig's ears could not be reached for comment.

ROFLMAO!! :tup:

#43 Flash1087

Flash1087

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1070 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:27 AM

I dunno...Craig can rock a beard like none other, sure, and I try to be as un-snobbish as possible about all things James Bond, but I don't think I could have a Bond with a beard. I mean, if it's to show the progression of time like DAD, that's fine, but if he's bearded through the whole thing I might take issue.

Then again, I initially took issue with Craig's casting to begin with, and look how I came around on that. I'd probably get over the beard thing pretty quick. Look, forget I even brought it up!

#44 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:42 AM

Then again, I initially took issue with Craig's casting to begin with, and look how I came around on that. I'd probably get over the beard thing pretty quick. Look, forget I even brought it up!

Perhaps a kick-[censored] mustache, eh? :tup:

#45 Leon

Leon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 09:13 AM

What a strange thread, but as I'm here:

The beard will surely be there :tup:

Looks cool with it, more "exotic" as Billy Connolly would describe it. Windswept and weathered.

#46 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 09:47 AM

Breaking News: In a concerted effort to reconcile differences on the Bond set, Michael G. Wilson will donate his mustache to Gianncarlo Gianninni, so Jeffrey Wright's beard has nothing to bitch about. :tup:

#47 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 10:03 PM

Why can't Danny Boy grow a beard? He must, I TELL YOU!!! :tup:

Why can't Danny Boy grow a beard? He must, I TELL YOU!!! :tup:

YYYYEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! :(

No thanks unless he's been captured by Iraqis, Iranians or North Koreans for fourteen months.

LOL :) good one there.

#48 Flash1087

Flash1087

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1070 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 08:18 AM

Perhaps a kick-[censored] mustache, eh? :tup:

Yes. A big ol' Salvador Dali handlebar. I promise that if Craig has one of those during Bond 22, I will willingly pay to see it at least once during every day I don't have to work for the entire duration of it's theatrical run.

Is anyone in this thread Photoshop-savvy? Can someone make this happen for me?

#49 Jericho_One

Jericho_One

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1370 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 11:44 PM

I dunno...Craig can rock a beard like none other, sure, and I try to be as un-snobbish as possible about all things James Bond, but I don't think I could have a Bond with a beard. I mean, if it's to show the progression of time like DAD, that's fine, but if he's bearded through the whole thing I might take issue.

Would be nice to see Bond (this goes perfectly with Craig's JB) doing some undercover mission on a foreign country in a pre-titles sequence. To assassinate someone, for instance. If he had to spend a lot of time inside an apartment without attracting too much attention he could look rather unkempt. Henceforth, the beard.

#50 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 01:45 AM

I quite like the beard to be honest. Plus, without it, killkenny kid looks dramatically younger than Daniel Craig.

I'm so vain after reading this, I shaved the beard and posted my personel photo.

just joking, Vauxhall. :tup:

LOL! I just noticed your post, and then consulted your personal photo. Good job mate!

#51 HH007

HH007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1833 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 02:39 AM

He'd better not touch the damn thing, or else we'll soon see a new website pop up - www.jeffreywrightisnotfelixleiter.com

Articles galore about how he just 'doesn't have' what David Hedison brought to the role. Misers begging for Hugh Jackman to take over. Clever twistings of the phrase 'keep the fruit' into 'he's a fruit,' etc...

Actually, there's an active campaign for either Paul Giamatti or Steve Buscemi to take over the role. :tup:

No, No, No , No, NO!!!!!

Felix Leiter is and always has been a sort of American counterpart to 007, presumably with similar deeds and adventures to our British friend, if perhaps not quite as extravagant. Why replace Jeffrey Wright, who looks and acts like he could stab a man in the back and then sleep with his sister, with short, balding men who routinely play janitors?

Nothing against either actor, both of whom deserve credit for their various successes, but... no, just no.

I'm probably preaching to the choir, but I just had to rant. Let the healthy discussion continue.

You know I was kidding, right? :tup:

#52 killkenny kid

killkenny kid

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6607 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 05:02 AM

just joking, Vauxhall. :tup:

LOL! I just noticed your post, and then consulted your personal photo. Good job mate!

Thanks, mate.

#53 han4bond

han4bond

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 02:45 PM

No, No, No , No, NO!!!!!

You know I was kidding, right? :tup:

It's so hard to know these days. With Nicholas Cage being signed to play Superman in the 90s and Armie Hammer being recently cast as Batman in Justice League (not to mention the horrid campaign against Daniel Craig, which didn't even manage to be slightly intelligent), you can't been too careful.

Anyway, my point about Leiter himself still stands. Hope we get to see Wright for awhile.

And his beard.

Edited by han4bond, 15 January 2008 - 02:47 PM.

#54 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 08:41 PM

From the new footage, it looks like the beard will indeed be returning.

#55 HH007

HH007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1833 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 08:52 PM

From the new footage, it looks like the beard will indeed be returning.

YYYYEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tup: :tup:

#56 Clarence Leiter

Clarence Leiter

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 12:36 AM

I had hoped the Dude would lose the beard. Oh well. But I certainly hope that he loses the "Brother" tags. Ugh!

Felix does n-o-t call a fellow agent "Brother"! :tup:

#57 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 01:40 AM

I had hoped the Dude would lose the beard. Oh well. But I certainly hope that he loses the "Brother" tags. Ugh!

You and so many people don't get it. The CIA is the United States' version of MI6 so in a way the two organizations are "related" because they're allies.

Leiter's "brother from Langley" line means "friend/ally from Langley." Langley is the city that houses the CIA.

THE "BROTHER" LINE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM BEING BLACK! :tup: :(

#58 Clarence Leiter

Clarence Leiter

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 01:47 AM

You and so many people don't get it. The CIA is the United States' version of MI6 so in a way the two organizations are "related" because they're allies.

Leiter's "brother from Langley" line means "friend/ally from Langley." Langley is the city that houses the CIA.

THE "BROTHER" LINE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM BEING BLACK! :tup: :(

Chill out man! No need to shout. :D

I am half black and I took it as a racial comment. Just my opinion so accept it. :)

PS: I added the smily thing to show no grief.

Edited by Clarence Leiter, 09 February 2008 - 01:48 AM.

#59 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:26 AM

The beard is back! :tup:

#60 deth

deth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2651 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:30 AM

lol, it really looks like they're about to makeout in those stills...