Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1675 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 03:33 PM

i think a womans place is in the kitchen washing the dishes and making dinner

View Post

Ah! A man after my own heart!

Cocktails at your place at sevenish, j-stj-s, Darling?

#902 james st.john smythe

james st.john smythe

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 03:34 PM

u can come around my gaff anytime daltons wendy!

#903 Major Bloodnok

Major Bloodnok

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 264 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 03:51 PM

"I've had the garlic, George! I hope you have too!"

Kitchens are hot!

#904 Major Bloodnok

Major Bloodnok

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 264 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 01:54 PM

I feel like I have to give this a bump. What's up with that? Have we run aground?

#905 Alessandra

Alessandra

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 02:20 PM

I feel like I have to give this a bump. What's up with that? Have we run aground?

View Post

uhh.. dunno!
but I'm wondering where are the Babes?? and where are the hunks??
It's about time we discuss the next subject: would it look good/funny or would it be out of place to have Bond sedate a catfight among Bond girls for him?
What if Moneypenny and the Bond girl got into a fight? :tup: :D
(cheeky, I know.. but I like the subject! Catfight and Bond meeeeooowww! :D)

#906 Genrewriter

Genrewriter

Cammander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4360 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 04:42 PM

Are we talking an actual fight or the standard cliche of hair pulling and scratching? For a big budget, major theatrical release done today it might be a bit silly but if the Bond films were more of an exploitation franchise done in the 70's, (Roger Corman producing and Jack Hill directing comes to mind) it would probably look just fine. Although, it wouldn't too look out of place in an early Roger Moore entry. :tup:

#907 Dalton's Wendy

Dalton's Wendy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1675 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 05:36 PM

View Post

Interesting choice of words, Major-Baby! Bump the Babes!

It brings to mind those great games devised by Edward Albee in Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? "Get the Guests" -- "Humiliate the Host" -- and the eternally popular "Hump the Hostess."

Sorry about the lag, fans! I've been busy with another forum . . . also with non-cyber life . . . forgive me . . . :tup:

#908 Dalton's Wendy

Dalton's Wendy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1675 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 06:12 PM

More on the subject of SIR SEAN CONNERY and his eternal IT:

Yesterday, while doing something else at the same time, since I generally do a number of things at once, I happened to glance at the TV, and there was SIR SEAN in Marnie.

Although Marnie has never been one of my favourite movies, largely because of the actress who plays its eponymous heroine (Tippi Hedren, one of the most dreary, boring, and unprepossessing actresses to ever land a lead role -- but only because the original Hitch was still flailing about in search of a Grace Kelly replacement) I find I enjoy the movie more and more these days.

There are two reasons for my feeling this way. Firstly, the movie is a great example of early Sixties' style and ambiance.

But the major reason is the presence of SEAN CONNERY! WOW! the guy simply oooooozes masculinity and sex appeal!!!

WHAT a dreamboat!

IT personified!!!!

Excuse me while I swoon . . .

#909 Double-Oh Agent

Double-Oh Agent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4325 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 01:37 AM

More on the subject of SIR SEAN CONNERY and his eternal IT:

Yesterday, while doing something else at the same time, since I generally do a number of things at once, I happened to glance at the TV, and there was SIR SEAN in Marnie.

Although Marnie has never been one of my favourite movies, largely because of the actress who plays its eponymous heroine (Tippi Hedren, one of the most dreary, boring, and unprepossessing actresses to ever land a lead role -- but only because the original Hitch was still flailing about in search of a Grace Kelly replacement) I find I enjoy the movie more and more these days.

There are two reasons for my feeling this way.  Firstly, the movie is a great example of early Sixties' style and ambiance.

But the major reason is the presence of SEAN CONNERY!  WOW! the guy simply oooooozes masculinity and sex appeal!!!

WHAT a dreamboat!

IT personified!!!!

Excuse me while I swoon . . .

View Post

Sean Connery is definitely a stud. No two ways about it.

And speaking of Marnie, that is my mom's all-time favorite movie--largely due, no doubt, to the fact that she finds Connery and/or his character in the film to be the perfect man.

As you said, Sean Connery has IT. My mother, Bond fans, People Magazine, and millions of women the world over can't all be wrong.

#910 Dalton's Wendy

Dalton's Wendy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1675 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 04:47 AM

Sean Connery is definitely a stud. No two ways about it.

He is that!

You do know, of course, Double-Oh Agent, that I had cocktails

#911 Double-Oh Agent

Double-Oh Agent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4325 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 05:58 AM

I'm afraid I don't know about the blinis. I've never been to the Biltmore. Sorry. But there's always a first time. :tup:

#912 Dalton's Wendy

Dalton's Wendy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1675 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 06:40 AM

I'm afraid I don't know about the blinis. I've never been to the Biltmore. Sorry. But there's always a first time.  :tup:

View Post

Did I confuse you with Double-Oh Zero???

One of you is from Phoenix (that's my friend from the Biltmore . . . ) . . .

. . . so you must be the one from Brantford! (home of Wayne Gretzky . . . a very long-standing friend of mine!)

Or have I gone totally insane??? Anyway, we can still be friends, yes?

And tell your mom I agree with her!

#913 Double-Oh Agent

Double-Oh Agent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4325 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 07:26 AM

No, Dalton's Wendy, you do not have your Double-Ohs mixed up. You were right the first time. I'm just fairly new to the area and haven't had the time or inclination to go there yet. And yes, we can still be friends.

#914 Dalton's Wendy

Dalton's Wendy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1675 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 07:31 AM

No, Dalton's Wendy, you do not have your Double-Ohs mixed up. You were right the first time. I'm just fairly new to the area and haven't had the time or inclination to go there yet. And yes, we can still be friends.

View Post

Ah-ha!

I knew it was you, Double-Oh Agent -- you devil!

Okay . . . we could also go and have Margaritas at Julio's . . . I'm not fussy!
(haven't been to the 85251 area in four years anyway, so am willing to go with your suggestions, when I do show up!)

(Meanwhile . . . did you read my pm? :tup: )

#915 Major Bloodnok

Major Bloodnok

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 264 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 02:35 PM

I've been to the Biltmore in N.C. but I didn't have cocktails. Why could I see a Bond villain living there?

#916 Dalton's Wendy

Dalton's Wendy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1675 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 03:04 PM

I've been to the Biltmore in N.C. but I didn't have cocktails. Why could I see a Bond villain living there?

View Post

Actually, Double-Oh Agent and I were making reference to The Arizona Biltmore, in Phoenix. It's legendary! Designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, main structure built in 1927, it's a fabulous example of how Wright drew inspiration from the natural surroundings. Natural stone, much use of glass blocks, very emblematic of the Navajo Indians . . . it's probably the building that gave everyone else the concept of southwestern architecture.

Very glam in general!

(By the way, Maj-Baby, what was that crack in the cooking thread all about?) :tup:

#917 Alessandra

Alessandra

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 03:30 PM

Are we talking an actual fight or the standard cliche of hair pulling and scratching?  For a big budget, major theatrical release done today it might be a bit silly but if the Bond films were more of an exploitation franchise done in the 70's, (Roger Corman producing and Jack Hill directing comes to mind) it would probably look just fine.  Although, it wouldn't too look out of place in an early Roger Moore entry. :tup:

View Post

I mean a real fight.. but not necessarily for life, only to get Bond. A real fight but not in that one of the girls saves Bond from the evil one.. a fight between two Bond girls who quarrel between themselves (and both want to get James). With him seeing it, it would even be better! If well done I think it would have a lot of potential. Of course it must be enjoyable but not silly. Screaming "b..tch" to each other and stuff like that wouldn't work. Could even start off with a "word" fight and then degenerate.... but a STYLISH word fight, not insults thrown at each other, you see what I mean?
let's see.. Bond tied to a chair somewhere at his enemies' headquarters.. the good and bad girl start to fight.. but instead of fighting only because the good one wants to set him free, the fight degenerates because they both want James.. so he's there, nobody has set him free, and they quarrel over him..
That has potential for some of the best Bond wit ever.. lol :D
I can just imagine his face and his comments.. I don't know why but I picture Sean and Pierce more than others in the scene..... Although the Roger Moore humour would probably be very appropriate in such a situation!

#918 Alessandra

Alessandra

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 03:54 PM

ah and also... very much enjoyed the conversation between you and double-oh and Maj, Wendy dear :tup:
One needs to add some spice and humour to the day from time to time! :D

#919 Dalton's Wendy

Dalton's Wendy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1675 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 05:34 PM

Since there are only four days left before Christmas, and many of you may very well be at places other than here, spending time with family and friends, I should like to take this opportunity, on behalf of all THE BABES ON BOND, to wish all of you and your dear ones

A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Peace, Health, and Happiness.

(And I know you are reading this -- how else could we have taken this thread to over 16,000 views in two months and three days? :tup: )

SEASONS' GREETINGS TO ALL !!!

#920 Mr Malcolm

Mr Malcolm

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 06:52 PM

Mr Malcolm appears in a sexy white dress and blonde wig and begins to sing:

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO YOU!

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO YOU!

HAPPY CHRISTMAS BABES AND HUNKS ON BOOOOOOOND...

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO YOOOOOUUUUU!!!!!

#921 Dalton's Wendy

Dalton's Wendy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1675 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 09:24 PM

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO YOU!

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO YOU!

View Post

Would you like to borrow my double white foxes

#922 Dalton's Wendy

Dalton's Wendy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1675 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 09:36 PM

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO YOU!

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO YOU!

View Post

Mr Malcom .. have you been on the hard stuff again.

Get yourself a case of Irn-Bru and pull yourself together.

In that get-up you look like the ghost of Christmas past.

On the other hand ... geesaa half of Ardbeg and I'll pull up a seat as well !!

View Post

Which delightful libation you will also offer to the ladies present, I trust?

#923 Major Bloodnok

Major Bloodnok

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 264 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 04:23 AM

(By the way, Maj-Baby, what was that crack in the cooking thread all about?)  :D

View Post

Which one. I make so many smart :tup: comments I can't keep 'em straight.

#924 Major Bloodnok

Major Bloodnok

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 264 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 04:26 AM

ah and also... very much enjoyed the conversation between you and double-oh and Maj, Wendy dear :tup:
One needs to add some spice and humour to the day from time to time! :D

View Post

Again, I'm not sure which conversation. I better lay off the cough syrup...

Edited by Major Bloodnok, 22 December 2005 - 01:59 PM.

#925 Alessandra

Alessandra

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 11:09 AM

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO YOU!

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO YOU!

View Post

now this would be quite some sight!!
Well done Wendy for posting the Babes' Christmas wishes.. and well done Mr Malcom for providing soundtrack and a good acting scene with it! :tup:
As for me, I'll wear my black strapless satin dress and sing...
"Although it's been said many times many ways... MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU"

#926 Dalton's Wendy

Dalton's Wendy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1675 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 06:16 PM

Well done Wendy for posting the Babes' Christmas wishes.. and well done Mr Malcom for providing soundtrack and a good acting scene with it! :tup:
As for me, I'll wear my black strapless satin dress and sing...
"Although it's been said many times many ways... MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU"

View Post

But DALTON'S DUMB WENDY forgot to say it in another way:

BUON NATALE,
Carissima!

#927 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 07:39 PM

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I for one will be tying on a few martinis and trying to see if I can take more than 2 shots of tequila w/out hitting the floor. Then I will sober up while watching football-NFL on Jan 1 (second time in my life this is happening) and on Jan 2-College football.

Then I will watch 007 on DVD!!!!!!

Hope all you babes out there are doing a-ok!!!!

#928 Dalton's Wendy

Dalton's Wendy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1675 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 07:55 PM

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I for one will be tying on a few martinis and trying to see if I can take more than 2 shots of tequila w/out hitting the floor.  Then I will sober up while watching football-NFL on Jan 1 (second time in my life this is happening) and on Jan 2-College football.

Then I will watch 007 on DVD!!!!!!

Hope all you babes out there are doing a-ok!!!!

View Post

And a Happy New Year to you, too, hcmv007, Darling!

Martinis and tequilas . . . hmmmm . . . should be an interesting combination!

Care to do a little football wagering?

#929 Dalton's Wendy

Dalton's Wendy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1675 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 12:15 AM

DALTON'S WENDY would like to wish all of you "BABES ON BOND" readers, as well as all readers of the phenomenal CBn site, a very, very HAPPY 2006!

To start off the year in a motivational sort of way (which I, for one, certainly need, after knocking off a bottle of Perrier-Jouet myself last night), following herewith is the reprint of an article which appeared in today's Toronto Star newspaper:

Think you've got a big year ahead of you?

In 1599, Shakespeare accomplished more than most artists ever do

If you're feeling stressed out on this first day of 2006 about how much you have to accomplish in the next 12 months, then I've got the perfect book to put things into perspective for you.

It's called A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare: 1599 (HarperCollins), by James Shapiro, and it not only makes terrific reading, but it definitely will also serve as a motivational aid.

In those 12 months, Shakespeare helped supervise the opening of London's Globe Theatre and also managed to create four of his most famous plays: Henry V, Julius Caesar, As You Like It, and Hamlet.

The fact that all ofthis occurred during a time of tremendous political uncertainty, with wars abroad and treachery at home, only adds fuel to the fire.

The tragic hero of the book is the Earl of Essex, who saw his fortunes change during 1599 from being hailed as Queen Elizabeth's golden boy to being imprisoned a discredited traitor.

"If you want to understand Brutus and Hamlet," claims Shapiro, "you have to understand Essex. That's one of the book's major themes."

One of the best New Year's resolutions one could make is to read this entertaining and enlightening book and start 2006 with some nourishing food for thought.

Shakespeare's Memorandum Notes: The legend's labours and losses in 1599

January -- Attended funeral of Edmund Spenser, "England's greatest poet"; dead at 46.
Reminder to self: nearly 35; write at least four plays this year.

February -- Hear Lancelot Andrewes preach on Essex's upcoming campaign against the Irish.
Reminder to self: use his rhetorical style in big speeches of new play, Henry V.

March -- First performance of Henry V in London. Tremendous response.
Reminder to self: continue adding more political relevance to scripts.

April -- Unseasonable early spring frost delaying digging of foundations for Globe Theatre.
Reminder to self: talk to contractors and start writing Julius Caesar.

May -- Fellow playwright John Hayward's The History of Henry the Fourth is confiscated and burned inthe increasingly sensitive political climate.
Reminder to self: rewrite conspiracy scenes of Julius Caesar.

June -- Globe Theatre opens. Audiences strong but feeling tension of Irish campaign.
Reminder to self time to write another comedy.

July -- Return home to Stratford for sister Joan's wedding. Lots of amusing local comic types.
Reminder to self: time to give older actors in the company a rest and write two female leads for the young boys.

August -- Fear of Spanish invasion reaches its height. Rush to finish writing As You Like It and start to think about new, more serious play.
Reminder to self: time for something with a good role for a Ghost.

September
--Essex signs a truce with the Irish, unknowingly sealing his doom with Queen Elizabeth. Rumous of treachery and revolution abound.
Reminder to self: increase performances of Julius Caesar.

October --Final papers creating The East India Company are signed, signalling the start of globalization.
Reminder to self: find someone to arrange international and touring rights for plays.

November --Essex under house arrest. Followers conceive plot to liberate him and lead treasonous revolt.
Reminder to self: do not revive Henry VI, Part III, which includes distressingly similar scenes.

December
--Tense holiday season. Queen requests only comedies for year-end festivities. Thank God for As You Like It.
Reminder to self: finish Hamlet and then chill out for a couple of years."

*****************************************************************************************************************************

AND NOW . . . WHAT ARE YOU PLANNING TO DO IN THE COMING YEAR???

#930 Dalton's Wendy

Dalton's Wendy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1675 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 08:15 PM

Now here's an interesting little item I picked up from the AP wire service this morning:

Dame Judi admits to eyeing naked Bob Hoskins

New York.
Dame Judi Dench, who plays a 1930s British impresario who opens a nude theatrical revue in the film Mrs. Henderson Presents, admits to sneaking a peek at co-star Bob Hoskins, who appears briefly in the nude in the movie.

"Of course! Don't think I'm going to let Bob Hoskins take all his clothes off and me not take a look," the British actress said in Newsweek. "I just had a quick look up and down, like you would," she said.

Not moi . . . ! :tup: