3181 replies to this topic

#61 License To Kill

License To Kill

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1556 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 12:35 AM

Sad news about Rice. Great receiver, in my opinion he wasn't the best, but, a guaranteed first balloter.

Also, my Steelers signed Hines to a 4yr. extension, for about 25.8 million :)

#62 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 12:49 PM

First of all, I hope that you, hcmv007, and everyone in Louisiana and Mississippi stay safe and secure through out the terrible weather of Hurricane Katrina.. My thoughts and well wishes are with you all!!

View Post

Thanks, and right back at ya!

#63 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 09:32 PM

Well, I think we can officially count out my Jets. 6 fumbles and 1 interception by Pennington is just not getting it done. And so much for that "elite defense" they were expecting. I think the 0-16 campaign has officially begun.

I will say, however, that it was great to see the Saints win today.

#64 ComplimentsOfSharky

ComplimentsOfSharky

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2804 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 09:40 PM

My Steelers sent the Titans home battered.

#65 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 05:50 AM

My Chargers lost a great game to Dallas; Bledsoe looked great..I've always liked him and I wish him well. Antonio Gates was not in uniform due to a suspension so I'll just accept the loss and look to next week; good game,Brees played well... nothing to be embarrassed about or alarmed over.But gates better play extremely well next week. :)

#66 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 03:00 PM

Lucky you Tarl!! At least your Chargers played a million times better than the Broncos did when they got their [censored] kicked 34-10 by Miami!! What the hell?!! I have NEVER seen them play as bad as they did. Also, Champ Bailey separated his shoulder and is going to be out for quite a while :) Mike Anderson also left the game with bruised rib cartilage, but hopefully he'll be back next week.. God what a horrible way to kick off the season!! We should have promised Gus Ferrotte that he would have a chance to compete for the starting job in order to lure him back to Denver, instead of letting him sign with the Dolphins..

#67 Johnboy007

Johnboy007

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 02:56 AM

Eagles are looking baddddddddd.

Eagles need to bring in Steve Young to re-teach Donovan McNabb how to play quarterback.

#68 ComplimentsOfSharky

ComplimentsOfSharky

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2804 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 03:10 AM

Eagles are looking baddddddddd.

Eagles need to bring in Steve Young to re-teach Donovan McNabb how to play quarterback.

View Post

I was disappointed in them. Turned it off after half time.

#69 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 05:25 AM

Lucky you Tarl!! At least your Chargers played a million times better than the Broncos did when they got their [censored] kicked 34-10 by Miami!! What the hell?!! I have NEVER seen them play as bad as they did. Also, Champ Bailey separated his shoulder and is going to be out for quite a while  :)  Mike Anderson also left the game with bruised rib cartilage, but hopefully he'll be back next week.. God what a horrible way to kick off the season!! We should have promised Gus Ferrotte that he would have a chance to compete for the starting job in order to lure him back to Denver, instead of letting him sign with the Dolphins..

View Post

Yeah i took some comfort in knowing Denver got wacked by Miami.WTF? :) :) :)

#70 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 12:38 PM

Week 1 is in the books; Philly and Atlanta was very interesting, Trotter getting tossed before the game, the fight, the scuffle, very interesting. No surprise to me anyway that Nick Saban and the Dolphins are 1-0, but blasting Denver was a shock, Jets struggled, but don't worry tdalton, they will turn it around as Herm Edwards is one of the top coaches in the NFL. Dallas looked impressive, but I think the Chargers need to reconsider the Antonio Gates situation, they could have used him on Sun. It was good to see the Saints win, even better to have them playing 4 games instead of 3 at LSU, but I would have liked to see them play the other 3 in Shreveport, but that's just me. I think more people would jump on the Saints bandwagon if their owner was not such a jerk. I do hope they fare well, but it will be tough. Tampa Bay looks awesome (Michael Clayton and I graduated from the same high school, pro-Buc bias here), and Minnesota looked bad. Week 2 should be real interesting. So, if the Redskins trade Patrick Ramsey, who wants or needs him? He had only one good year at Tulane and hasn't shown to me why Spurrier should have even drafted him? Anybody have a clue where he will land?

#71 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 06:38 PM

How about Detroit for Patrick Ramsey? Jeff Garcia is out 6 to 8 weeks with a broken leg (plus he didn't have a stellar pre-season when he did play) and the jury is still out on Joey Harrington. Ramsey might be a serious contender for the starting QB job should Joey falter.

#72 Johnboy007

Johnboy007

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 08:30 PM

We should set up a free "CBn Fantasy Football League" somewhere next season. :)

#73 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 08:14 PM

:) Well Tarl, are you ready for Sunday? Your Chargers against my Broncos. Both 0-1...something's gotta give! As Roger Moore said in Spy Who Loved Me " One of us is bound to end up gravely disappointed! " Lets hope its an exciting, high scoring game, and not a snooze-fest of field goal scoring!

#74 Johnboy007

Johnboy007

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 06:04 PM

Eagles looking just a tad better today. Gotta love the back-up middle linebacker successfully kicking the extra point. :)

#75 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 07:11 PM

:) Well Tarl, are you ready for Sunday? Your Chargers against my Broncos. Both 0-1...something's gotta give! As Roger Moore said in Spy Who Loved Me " One of us is bound to end up gravely disappointed! "  Lets hope its an exciting, high scoring game, and not a snooze-fest of field goal scoring!

View Post

Off to the bar...Go Chargers!!!!! :)

#76 Johnboy007

Johnboy007

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 09:16 PM

Vikings got killllllllllllled.

#77 Donovan

Donovan

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 10:02 PM

I want to jinx the Indianapolis Colts by guaranteeing they will win the Super Bowl.

#78 ComplimentsOfSharky

ComplimentsOfSharky

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2804 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 10:11 PM

Here we go Steelers.

27-7 over the Texans.......take on the Pats next week. We're ready. :)

#79 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 01:16 AM

Congrats The Dove. SD had 2 tds and a pick reversed on flags and we still didn't win!!?? :) Our offense is so frickin predictable!! Shotty sucks.:)

I just broke my ankle jumping off the bandwagon. :) But we almost never win in Denver so I'm trying not to panic... :)

#80 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 01:31 AM

Bills did...yeah...

#81 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 12:51 PM

We should set up a free "CBn Fantasy Football League" somewhere next season.  :)

View Post

Good point, there Johnboy007. I'll comment on the week on Wed.

#82 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 02:48 PM

Congrats The Dove. SD had 2 tds and a pick reversed on flags and we still didn't win!!?? :) Our offense is so frickin predictable!! Shotty sucks.:)

I just broke my ankle jumping off the bandwagon. :) But we almost never win in Denver so I'm trying not to panic... :)

View Post

WOO HOOO!! *Wheeze! Pant! * Still trying to catch my breath from that tug-of-war game yesterday!!* lol.. I'll admit that your Chargers should have won that game!! Denver's offense is still looking very, very poor!! Thank god for the defense and Champ Bailey's pick!! God, the Broncos made a TON of mistakes!! 2 touchdowns called back by flags (WTF was that one about the Denver sideline running on the field!!! That was just stupid), Two red zone turn overs, and two Jason Elam missed 53 yard field goals!! We had better get our butts in gear real fast, as we play Kansas City next Monday night!!!

#83 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 12:54 PM

Here's my take on week 2:

What the blue hades is going on in Houston? Fire the OC and replace him w/ the guy who coaches the worst O-Line in the NFL the last 4 years? Bad move. No wonder they are 0-2. Jets have improved, but I am worried about Pennington, espiecially when he fumbled the first snap, can you say bad hand (or thumb)? Get better, Chad. Soon. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS! What a finish! Bengals look great, as do the Steelers. Eagles got back on track, but are behind in the East. The Saints looked tired, you could see it in the eyes of the players, they are exhausted; emotion can only take you so far, but we play the Vikings next, which for us is never good, since I can't even recall the last time the Saints beat the Vikings, and when they are bad we make them look great. Till week 3, ttfn!

#84 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 05:06 AM

Here's my take on week 2:

What the blue hades is going on in Houston?  Fire the OC and replace him w/ the guy who coaches the worst O-Line in the NFL the last 4 years?  Bad move.  No wonder they are 0-2.  Jets have improved, but I am worried about Pennington, espiecially when he fumbled the first snap, can you say bad hand (or thumb)?  Get better, Chad.  Soon.  HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!  What a finish!  Bengals look great, as do the Steelers.  Eagles got back on track, but are behind in the East.  The Saints looked tired, you could see it in the eyes of the players, they are exhausted; emotion can only take you so far, but we play the Vikings next, which for us is never good, since I can't even recall the last time the Saints beat the Vikings, and when they are bad we make them look great.  Till week 3, ttfn!

View Post

I agree with just about everything here. I don't know what's going on in Houston, but I was expecting them to make a playoff run, not a run for the #1 pick in the draft.

As far as the Jets go, I can tell everyone (as a fan of the team) that they're done and headed for a last place finish. This was supposed to be "the year", but they just look like a bunch of amateurs out there. I think that the defense has taken a monumental step backwards from last season, and when everyone thought that the offense couldn't get any worse than it was under Hackett, Heimerdinger has come in and found a way to make it even worse. I'm predicting a 5-11 record for the Jets. They'll definitely get pounded this weekend by Jacksonville.

#85 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 03:31 PM

Well Tarl, you should be happy your Chargers won last night! :) I gotta give the Giants credit though for putting up a pretty good fight in a hostile environment. Eli handled himself very well, despite all the booing from the Charger fans..lol. Now, if only my Broncos can do well tonight against the KC Chiefs!! Doh!! I'm pissed that I have a orchestra rehearsal tonight and will miss most of the game!!! :)

#86 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 04:05 PM

Week 3

The Vikings, no surprise here, crushed the Saints. I can never remember the Saints beating them, they have had our number since that Wild Card game in 1987 where they beat the $h*% out of us 44-10. Jets played valiantly, but still a loss is a loss. Don't give up on them yet, tdalton. Herm Edwards is one of hte best coaches in the game, they'll get in the playoffs (imitation of jim mora (Playoffs?!)). My surprise team of the year so far-Cincinatti Bungles, er, Bengals. 3-0 for the first time since 1990, do you remember whose football career they ended in their last playoff game (he got hurt playing against them)? My second surprise is the Colts-winning on their defense, they look good there now, but have yet to play a good offensive team like say the Patriots.

#87 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 08:06 PM

Cincinnati Bengals 3-0, 12 interceptions in those games. Halleluah, that 15-year drought is over. :)

#88 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 09:04 PM

Well Tarl, you should be happy your Chargers won last night!  :)  I gotta give the Giants credit though for putting up a pretty good fight in a hostile environment. Eli handled himself very well, despite all the booing from the Charger fans..lol. Now, if only my Broncos can do well tonight against the KC Chiefs!! Doh!! I'm pissed that I have a orchestra rehearsal tonight and will miss most of the game!!!  :)

View Post

pfew! Finally! :) I thought Eli was impressive.He had a career high 352 yds,2 tds.He runs well too.I think he'll be a damn good QB.

I'm just glad SD won and did so in dominating fashion because bc they have the Pats next week and Pitt next MNF in SD. brutal schedule! :) :)

#89 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 12:33 AM

THIS JUST IN: Jets QB Chad Pennington is out for the rest of the season, and Patriots safety Rodney Harrison, and Bills linebacker Takeo Spikes are also gone for the year!!! :) Good Lord, there have been quite a few major injuries to a lot of NFL teams so far this year, and we're only finishing up Week 3!!!

#90 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 02:15 AM

THIS JUST IN: Jets QB Chad Pennington is out for the rest of the season, and Patriots safety Rodney Harrison, and Bills linebacker Takeo Spikes are also gone for the year!!!  :) Good Lord, there have been quite a few major injuries to a lot of NFL teams so far this year, and we're only finishing up Week 3!!!

View Post

Wow! I think Chad P is a great player, especially after last years playoff gameI hope he recovers...that's 2 years he'll have missed in his young career...I wish Harrison, an ex-Charger, a full recovery.Good luck to #37. Broncos look good tonight. I'm glad their winning so as to even things out in the AFC west. Here we come! :)