hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 12:32 PM

Bungles are back!

View Post

I take exception to that, sir. 4-1 isn't anything to sneeze at. Besides, I'm still smarting from that game. Had they been completely blown out or been 1-4, I may accept that, but not this soon.

View Post

I am impressed by the Bengals this year, but only put that on there to get what I wanted to get, a Bengals fan to speak up for their team! Watching the game, though, it looked to me like the Jags really disrupted the Bengals offense, and Fred Taylor wore out the Bengal defense, particularly in the 4th Quarter. I don't see Cincinatti losing more than 5 games this year, by the way. Way to speak up for your team there, Turn. You the man now dog!

Back to the Aints, Duece McAllister is out for the year. Heck, as an Aints fan I am looking to next year (we've said that for 40 years now) when Haslett is not the coach and Aaron Brooks is holding a clipboard-somewhere else. I read your post the other day tdalton and agree 100%-Jeff Blake should have never been benched. I'd take him anyday over Mr. Inconsistent (Brooks). Of course you are talking about an organiozation that fired the only good GM we ever had b/c he traded away Ricky Williams w/out consulting the owner first.

Glad to see Big Ben isn't too badly hurt, slight ever so slight shades of Theiesman there, just very slight. Having suffered that injury myself, he should be back to full strength by 10/23, but I heard he might start this Sun.

Dove, you weren't the only one who had pegged the Cards, I did too. Maybe it was that meal I ate that made me think the Cards would do well. Grilled Crow tastes best, but it is better fried, as I am eating a lot of it lately.

#122 ComplimentsOfSharky

ComplimentsOfSharky

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2804 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 12:40 PM

Glad to see Big Ben isn't too badly hurt, slight ever so slight shades of Theiesman there, just very slight.  Having suffered that injury myself, he should be back to full strength by 10/23, but I heard he might start this Sun.

View Post

Pittsburgh appreciates your sympathy sir. I'm not really worried about it, even if Charlie Batch has to step in for a game. He is a good enough QB, doubt it would affect us to much.

#123 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 01:18 PM

[quote name='ComplimentsOfSharky' date='12 October 2005 - 07:40'][quote name='hcmv007' date='12 October 2005 - 12:32']

Glad to see Big Ben isn't too badly hurt, slight ever so slight shades of Theiesman there, just very slight.

#124 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 02:07 PM

Bungles are back!

View Post

I take exception to that, sir. 4-1 isn't anything to sneeze at. Besides, I'm still smarting from that game. Had they been completely blown out or been 1-4, I may accept that, but not this soon.

View Post

I am impressed by the Bengals this year, but only put that on there to get what I wanted to get, a Bengals fan to speak up for their team! Watching the game, though, it looked to me like the Jags really disrupted the Bengals offense, and Fred Taylor wore out the Bengal defense, particularly in the 4th Quarter. I don't see Cincinatti losing more than 5 games this year, by the way. Way to speak up for your team there, Turn. You the man now dog!

View Post

Cheers, hcmv007. :) There aren't many of us Bengals fans around. Even around the area where I live, which is south central Ohio, basically, you get probably more Browns fans than Bengals fans, so we are a pretty rare breed.

And it's been 15 long years. :)

Yeah, the defense didn't look good against the run at all. I was stunned to hear a radio talk show host bring up that Taylor had only rushed for like 12 yards the previous week. But we've got a strong coach in Marvin Lewis and a pretty enthusiastic team, so I think it will continue going well rather than poorly as the season rolls on.

#125 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 03:26 PM

Bungles are back!

View Post

View Post

View Post

Cheers, hcmv007. :) There aren't many of us Bengals fans around. Even around the area where I live, which is south central Ohio, basically, you get probably more Browns fans than Bengals fans, so we are a pretty rare breed.

And it's been 15 long years. :)

Yeah, the defense didn't look good against the run at all. I was stunned to hear a radio talk show host bring up that Taylor had only rushed for like 12 yards the previous week. But we've got a strong coach in Marvin Lewis and a pretty enthusiastic team, so I think it will continue going well rather than poorly as the season rolls on.

View Post

As an Aints fan, well at least you guys have been to the big game before. Ya'll have a hell of a coach in Marvin Lewis, and should do well and have at least one home game in the Jungle come playoff time.

#126 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 05:46 PM

Bungles are back!

View Post

View Post

Back to the Aints, Duece McAllister is out for the year. Heck, as an Aints fan I am looking to next year (we've said that for 40 years now) when Haslett is not the coach and Aaron Brooks is holding a clipboard-somewhere else. I read your post the other day tdalton and agree 100%-Jeff Blake should have never been benched. I'd take him anyday over Mr. Inconsistent (Brooks). Of course you are talking about an organiozation that fired the only good GM we ever had b/c he traded away Ricky Williams w/out consulting the owner first.

Glad to see Big Ben isn't too badly hurt, slight ever so slight shades of Theiesman there, just very slight. Having suffered that injury myself, he should be back to full strength by 10/23, but I heard he might start this Sun.

Dove, you weren't the only one who had pegged the Cards, I did too. Maybe it was that meal I ate that made me think the Cards would do well. Grilled Crow tastes best, but it is better fried, as I am eating a lot of it lately.

View Post

I wonder what USC QB Matt Lienart thinks about the prospect of being drafted by a team with no home... :)

#127 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 10:04 PM

Bungles are back!

View Post

View Post

View Post

I wonder what USC QB Matt Lienart thinks about the prospect of being drafted by a team with no home... :)

View Post

To quote the line that belittled Darth Vader:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#128 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 04:21 PM

What about Phillip Rivers to New Orleans?? I'm sure that San Diego will be happy to stick with Drew Brees and will want to find some way to let Rivers explore other options...

#129 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 12:50 PM

What about Phillip Rivers to New Orleans?? I'm sure that San Diego will be happy to stick with Drew Brees and will want to find some way to let Rivers explore other options...

View Post

Thanks, but we prefer to destroy the careers of players who haven't been taken in the first round by other teams. We'll take Leinert if we have the top overall pick, if not, we'll just take some defensive end or offensive lineman and try to find some way to get Billy Kilmer to play quarterback again.

All kidding aside Dove, I think for what the Chargers gave up for Rivers, and what they are paying him, it will be hard for them to trade him away. Most teams will demand a restructured contract before agreeing to a trade, and you know what a pain in the but it was just getting him into training camp last year.

#130 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 12:32 PM

Congrats to the Bills, Broncos, Chiefs, Panthers and the Bucs and Bengals!

Aints lose yet again!

Why was Maddox starting for the Steelers? Batch would have done a better job managing the game, and he was 100% healthy? I know Maddox was nicked up, but come on!

#131 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 01:52 PM

Congrats to the Bills

View Post

:) :)

#132 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 03:41 PM

Congrats to the Bills

View Post

:) :)

View Post

I thought you might have liked my little shout out, Qwerty! :)

#133 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 03:53 PM

Chargers won but %$#@! Denver is 5-1 :) . Congrats to the Dove...you guys smashed the champs...just like SD. :)

LT is a Raider killer! :)

#134 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 03:56 PM

WOW!! What a great game against New England yesterday!! Best part of all was I was actually at that game!!! Our friends in Denver have season tickets and my dad and I usually get invited to a game once a year.. We were originally going to the Philadelphia game on Oct 30th but due to a last minute change in plans, we got asked to go to the Patriot game instead!! Boy I'm glad we didn't go to the game last week in the freezing rain against the Redskins.. Broncos looked good yesterday, all though there were too many penalties and iffy calls made by the refs!!

#135 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 03:58 PM

Congrats! That musta been awesome to see your team drill the Pats...Denver is looking good.

#136 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 04:16 PM

Thanks Tarl! Would have even been nice if we didn't let the Pats come back to score 17 unanswered points in the third quarter!! but i'll take the win! good to see your Chargers bounce back after that loss to Pittsburg. Boy Oakland hasn't been the team it used to be when Gruden was the coach.. and as for KC, how bout the Priest Holmes??! AFC west is probably one of the more interesting divisions this year.

#137 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 04:57 PM

Chargers won but %$#@! Denver is 5-1  :)  . Congrats to the Dove...you guys smashed the champs...just like SD. :)

LT is a Raider killer! :)

View Post

Mr Versatile throws, rushes and catches a TD, all in the same game! Is it just me, or are there flashes of the late, great Walter Payton I see in LDT? Note by me there is and always will be one LT, well for me anyway, Lawrence Taylor.

#138 Donovan

Donovan

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 07:10 AM

I'm amazed at how pathetic the "black & blue" division is. They're black & blue alright. Can't compete outside of the division but they're beating each other inside. Chicago, with a 2-3 record, is at the top. Good thing Tampa Bay is no longer in the NFC North (formerly known as NFC Central).

So is anyone here in a pool? I'm in a friendly one (no money) and am 50-38 so far.

#139 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 01:29 PM

So is anyone here in a pool? I'm in a friendly one (no money) and am 50-38 so far.

View Post

Impressive record.

#140 Obiwan

Obiwan

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 201 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 12:57 AM

Cowboys are gonna come back and win the SUPERBOWL! Just wait...

#141 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 12:28 PM

Aints lose, and look to be leaving LA for good after this season. So, to Tom Benson I have this to say, good bye and good riddance! You have been a cancer on this team for so long, you have helped further the Saints definition as being inept. To those of you in San Antonio, and possibly Los Angeles, hey, you can have them. Just remember that old saying about getting what you wished for.

Since I will no longer pull for the Aints, it looks like I picked the right time to relight my fandom for both the Redskins and Steelers, but I will also pull for the Bucs, Pats, Panthers Texans, and Cowboys, w/ some nods to the Bills, Bengals, Dolphins and Broncos.

Just wished I could have watched this weekend, LSU wore me out this weekend!

#142 ComplimentsOfSharky

ComplimentsOfSharky

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2804 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 01:38 PM

Just look at my sig.

#143 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 05:21 PM

8 seconds left in the game....8 LOUSY FREAKIN' SECONDS AND ONE LOUSY POINT!!! Damn those NY Giants and "Well dressed" Amani Toomer for knocking off the Broncos 24-23.. Denver should have won that game, and we had it won too, but our defensive coaches got too conservative with their play calling and quit blizzing Eli Manning!! This one hurts, but I have faith we will bounce back against Phily next week.. Tarl, I'm sure you were just as dissapointed in seeing the Eagles beat San Diego in the last seconds yesterday too..

#144 ComplimentsOfSharky

ComplimentsOfSharky

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2804 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 05:25 PM

I didn't have much of a stake for either team...but man that Eagles victory was cool.

#145 Johnboy007

Johnboy007

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 06:01 PM

Outplayed San Diego. Outlucked San Diego.

Ladainian Who?

:)

#146 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 06:29 PM

Yeah it was a bummer. We made a nice comeback but the Eagles made a great special Teams play. 3-4... :)

At least Denver lost. :)

#147 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 07:34 PM

Just be glad you're not a Packer fan, Tarl! lol.. They are now 1-5 WTF!! I'm really starting to feel bad for Brett Favre.. I really wanted him to win against the Vikings yesterday!!

#148 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 07:44 PM

Farve fires downfield to Moss...it is...caught! Touchdown Raiders! :)

#149 Johnboy007

Johnboy007

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 09:38 PM

Yeah it was a bummer. We made a nice comeback but the Eagles made a great special Teams play. 3-4... :)

At least Denver lost. :)

View Post

Chargers have been absolutely screwed in scheduling this year. Three straight teams coming off of a bye. :)

Best 3-4 team in football, i'd say.

#150 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 09:39 PM

We lost. :)

Booooo.