3181 replies to this topic

#31 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 06:05 PM

More bad news for Steelers fans: First Hines Ward holds out, and now it looks like Duce Staley is going to be out for a month due to knee surgery. Man what the hell is going on with the NFL teams in Pennsylvania??!!

#32 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 09:12 PM

..And now its more bad news for Eagles fans!!

This just in: T.O. has left Eagles camp! (and I thought Ricky Williams would be the first to leave camp)lol.. Apparently T.O. and Andy Reid had a "spat" and T.O. packed up his stuff and headed home to New Jersey!!

#33 Johnboy007

Johnboy007

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 09:31 PM

What a freaking little crybaby. :)

Trade his :) for talent that keeps its mouth shut. We have and can win with out him. The Patriots' defensive coordinator said before the Super Bowl that L.J. Smith is more dangerous, and he scored at least a touchdown in the big game.

Oh well, Go Niners! *checks to see if his good old Steve Young jersey still fits* :)

#34 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 03:08 AM

Trade his :) for talent that keeps its mouth shut.  We have and can win with out him.  The Patriots' defensive coordinator said before the Super Bowl that L.J. Smith is more dangerous, and he scored at least a touchdown in the big game.

View Post

The Eagles will be unable to trade T.O. I honestly believe that his career is over, because there is only one team that would put up with his nonsense, and that's Oakland, who already has Randy Moss, and wouldn't want to put up with the nonsense that those two would create between themselves in terms of a rivalry. Other than Oakland, I don't think that there's a single team out there who wants T.O. Atlanta has already said that T.O. is not the type of person that they want in their organization, and I can assure everyone that up and coming teams like the Texans, Jets, Jaguars, Panthers, etc. would want him, and none of the established teams like the Steelers, Patriots, Colts, etc. need him or would want to put up with the nonsense that he would bring with him. Having said that, I think that T.O. might play a game or two this season before Andy Reid tells him to pack his bags and head home for the season like Gruden did to Keyshawn Johnson two years ago.

#35 Johnboy007

Johnboy007

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 03:25 AM

[quote name='tdalton' date='10 August 2005 - 23:08'][quote name='Johnboy007' date='10 August 2005 - 17:31']Trade his :) for talent that keeps its mouth shut.

#36 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 12:22 AM

T.O. isn't getting any younger, either. I think he's in his early 30s, or so, so I would think that it would be wise on his part to get in there this season and work hard and try to improve his image so that he might get the opportunity to force a trade next off season when his stock might be a bit higher and teams may want him. But, if he doesn't do that, then his career is more than likely over, as far as being a bit time WR who commands the big dollars, anyway.

#37 ACE

ACE

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4543 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 12:56 AM

I think the New York Yankees will win.

#38 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 12:16 PM

View Post

Please tell me you are joking, ACE.

#39 ACE

ACE

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4543 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 12:55 PM

View Post

Please tell me you are joking, ACE.

View Post

You must excuse me fellas, but not being American I sometimes find your sports - nnf - somewhat hard to follow!

OK, I know it can't be the Yankees.

How about the Niks?

:)

ACE

Edited by ACE, 12 August 2005 - 12:56 PM.

#40 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 03:04 PM

Anyways, back to football..

So who watched the Green Bay vs San Diego game last night? Tarl, I know you must have!! lol.. Wow! what can you say about poor Nate Kaeding? I really do feel sorry for the young guy! I hope that he can get it together within the next couple of preseason games. Someone who I don't feel sorry for: Terrel Owens!! Who saw that half-time interview with him and his agent, Drew Rosenhaus? Got what a selfish, whining cry-baby!! He's an absolute joke! T.O. was also running his mouth off on PTI, SportsCenter and just about any show on ESPN yesterday. For him to say that he doesn't need to communicate with Donovan McNabb and Andy Reid on the practice field, and that he "knows how to play football" makes me mad!! ( I can only imagine what Eagles fans must feel!!)

#41 Johnboy007

Johnboy007

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 03:22 PM

Anyways, back to football..

So who watched the Green Bay vs San Diego game last night? Tarl, I know you must have!! lol.. Wow! what can you say about poor Nate Kaeding? I really do feel sorry for the young guy! I hope that he can get it together within the next couple of preseason games.  Someone who I don't feel sorry for: Terrel Owens!! Who saw that half-time interview with him and his agent, Drew Rosenhaus? Got what a selfish, whining cry-baby!! He's an absolute joke! T.O. was also running his mouth off on PTI, SportsCenter and just about any show on ESPN yesterday. For him to say that he doesn't need to communicate with Donovan McNabb and Andy Reid on the practice field, and that he "knows how to play football" makes me mad!! ( I can only imagine what Eagles fans must feel!!)

View Post

"He was disrespecting me. Any time i'd pass him in the hallway he'd say: 'Hello Terrell'. Disrespecting me man."

#42 Red Barchetta

Red Barchetta

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1161 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 05:01 PM

Seahawks going all the way this year! (at least that's what I keep hearing) :)

#43 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 10:42 PM

Seahawks going all the way this year! (at least that's what I keep hearing)  :)

View Post

Then pigs will fly. The seahawks are talented, but they are teir own worst enemy.

NFC North-Vikings and Packers

NFC South-Panthers

NFC East-Eagles and Cowboys

NFC West-Rams

AFC North-Steelers and Bengals

AFC South-Colts

AFC East-Jets and Patriots

AFC West-Raiders

Super Bowl XL Vikings v. Raiders, Vikings 49-47, win on last second bomb from Culpepper to Nate Burleson.

#44 License To Kill

License To Kill

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1556 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 11:33 PM

Seahawks going all the way this year! (at least that's what I keep hearing)  :)

View Post

Then pigs will fly. The seahawks are talented, but they are teir own worst enemy.

NFC North-Vikings and Packers

NFC South-Panthers

NFC East-Eagles and Cowboys

NFC West-Rams

AFC North-Steelers and Bengals

AFC South-Colts

AFC East-Jets and Patriots

AFC West-Raiders

Super Bowl XL Vikings v. Raiders, Vikings 49-47, win on last second bomb from Culpepper to Nate Burleson.

View Post

Raiders? You being real? Vikings? With no defense? :)

Super Bowl XL: Steelers vs. Falcons (with T.O.)

#45 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 01:04 AM

[quote name='hcmv007' date='12 August 2005 - 18:42'][quote name='Red Barchetta' date='12 August 2005 - 12:01']Seahawks going all the way this year! (at least that's what I keep hearing)

Edited by tdalton, 13 August 2005 - 01:11 AM.

#46 Janus Assassin

Janus Assassin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1898 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 05:32 PM

Raiders aren't going anywhere. I want my Packers to go this year and our defense is looking better and Brett Favre is looking better this year. I just don't want New England to win again or the Eagles for that matter. Lets see a Cardinals-Bengals Super Bowl.

#47 Donovan

Donovan

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 02:26 AM

I predict that the Chicago Bears will (again) NOT be in the Super Bowl, nor the playoffs for that matter.

I plan to see the Chicago-Green Bay game. This will probably be Farve's last season, and it's always cool to watch a future Hall-of-Famer in action.

#48 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 02:50 AM

I went to that game in 2003. I got a pass on the field and stood near Farve...he looks much bigger than his 6'2 225Lbs profile would indicate...It was nice to see him throw a TD pass...

#49 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 03:34 PM

Broncos looked pretty good in their 20-14 win over the Texans the other night. Still a few issues to sort out, but the defense looked impressive!! As far as offense, Ron Dayne had some great runs, quite surprising how much he has come since hardly being used with the NY Giants.. Also, Bradlee Van Pelt was hot!! He'll be a very good backup quarterback to Plummer. At one point in the game, Van Pelt ran a QB draw play 40 yards down field!! Haven't seen a Broncos QB do that since Elway.

#50 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 08:14 PM

[quote name='License To Kill' date='12 August 2005 - 18:33'][quote name='hcmv007' date='12 August 2005 - 17:42'][quote name='Red Barchetta' date='12 August 2005 - 12:01']Seahawks going all the way this year! (at least that's what I keep hearing)

#51 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 04:55 PM

Continuing yestersday, the Vikings have added a lot of new talent to their defense. Just check out all of their moves. For once, I would like to see a high scoring Super Bowl for once in my life that isn't a lopsided blowout, and I hope this is the year for that.

#52 trumanlodge89

trumanlodge89

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 05:04 PM

philly over indy

(a battle of former syracuse university stars, mcnabb and harrison)

i also predict sheana easton will sing "for your eyes only" at halftime, because paul mccartney singing "get back" last year was a little too risque for the FCC.

Edited by trumanlodge89, 16 August 2005 - 05:05 PM.

#53 Donovan

Donovan

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 11:18 AM

For once, I would like to see a high scoring Super Bowl for once in my life that isn't a lopsided blowout, and I hope this is the year for that.

View Post

Well, New England was in three of the last four Super Bowls, and each time they won by only three points.

I've been watching pro football for over twenty years, and I never thought new England would ever become [gulp] a dynasty....just what Boston needs, another dynasty (historically speaking, and I'm referring to the Celtics).

#54 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 02:41 PM

For once, I would like to see a high scoring Super Bowl for once in my life that isn't a lopsided blowout, and I hope this is the year for that.

View Post

Well, New England was in three of the last four Super Bowls, and each time they won by only three points.

I've been watching pro football for over twenty years, and I never thought new England would ever become [gulp] a dynasty....just what Boston needs, another dynasty (historically speaking, and I'm referring to the Celtics).

View Post

Exciting, yes, but I am talking about scoring more than 45 total points. The one with Carolina was fun, but wouldnt it be fun to see both teams score over 40? Never count out the defending champs, but no one has won three consecutive titles since the Packers did it in the 60's (including SB I&II).

#55 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 10:23 PM

How about my Aints last night?

#56 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 07:53 PM

How about my Aints last night?

View Post

Just reiterating my above statement.

#57 Johnboy007

Johnboy007

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 04:18 AM

65 yard touchdown to start the game...

#58 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 04:54 PM

First of all, I hope that you, hcmv007, and everyone in Louisiana and Mississippi stay safe and secure through out the terrible weather of Hurricane Katrina.. My thoughts and well wishes are with you all!!

Well my Broncos looked pretty good in finaly getting over the hump by beating the Colts the other night. Mike Anderson was great, especially when he broke that 95 yard touchdown run!! In other Broncos news, It looks like Maurice Clarett is going to be cut on Tues... Not a real suprise to me, but it really frustrates me as we wasted a perfectly good third round pick on Clarett.. All I can say is Good luck to Maurice on finding another team that will be willing to take a chance on you!!

#59 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 08:12 PM

Well, its over for the great Jerry Rice. He officially announced his retirement today after 20 great seasons in the NFL. While it would have been special to have him play with my Broncos this year (he did make the cut), I can certainly understand him not wanting to be the 4th or 5th receiver on the depth chart. Hey I admire him for all that he's accomplished through his career. I was a big 49ers fan back in the days of Montana, Rice, Lott and Roger Craig (second only to my Broncos). You certainly don't need to be a fan of the 49ers to admire Jerry Rice!

Best of luck to you Jerry and thanks for all the great memories!! See you in Canton in 2010 (thats a guarenteed lock!! :) )

#60 Johnboy007

Johnboy007

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 08:58 PM

The last of the guys I grew up watching is gone now. :) A great wide receiver with probably the greatest work ethic of anyone in professional sports. A class act to top it all off, as well.