This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

On Her Majesty's Secret Service: Spectacular?

64 replies to this topic

#61 00-FAN008

00-FAN008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1907 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 03:04 AM

But basically I'm saying he is in my opinion the worst Bond if he's my least favorite, yes?

Well, kinda... no... yes...

Still, I don't pity ya! Okay? Okay! :)

#62 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 03:04 AM

But basically I'm saying he is in my opinion the worst Bond if he's my least favorite, yes?

Well, kinda... no... yes...

Still, I don't pity ya! Okay? Okay! :)

:)

Okay.

#63 SimplyMoore

SimplyMoore

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 82 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 02:20 PM

So, in other words, yes I agree OHMSS was spectacular. I pity anyone who says that Lazneby was the worst James Bond.

It is all your personal preference. I prefer Roger Moore first, then Sean Connery, then Timothy Dalton, then Pierce Brosnan and only then Lazenby. Speaking as a woman, I must admit, looks are important to me, and I just don't find Lazenby hot enough. But that's my and only my only taste. I am sure there's many girls out there who'd go crazy over him. :)

#64 SPECTRE ASSASSIN

SPECTRE ASSASSIN

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4247 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 01:08 AM

So, in other words, yes I agree OHMSS was spectacular. I pity anyone who says that Lazneby was the worst James Bond.

It is all your personal preference. I prefer Roger Moore first, then Sean Connery, then Timothy Dalton, then Pierce Brosnan and only then Lazenby. Speaking as a woman, I must admit, looks are important to me, and I just don't find Lazenby hot enough. But that's my and only my only taste. I am sure there's many girls out there who'd go crazy over him. :)

Do you just care more about guy's looks then personalities? :)

Anyway, today I enjoyed watching OHMSS on DVD. I must say I had a epic time watching it. Of course it's one of my favorites, but this time I ignored all the negatives this has been encountered. Like George Lazenby. Of course many people dislike him, but I don't really anymore. Sure, he's unexpierenced throughout the film, but I found him charming and an incredible psychical actor. He's a credible Bond IMO. If Lazenby stook around for awhile, he would have been a great James Bond.

One of the reasons OHMSS is spectacular Qwerty, is because it's the only film, besides FRWL, to be fully adapted from Ian Fleming's novel. All the elements are here from the book. Style, grace, and romance sweeps this film. Peter Hunt was a stellar choice as director, wisely giving the film realism and panache, and got away from the silly gimmicks and gadgets, and focusing more on the characters and plot. The screenplay is a marvelous by Dick Maibaum.

I love the characters. Diana Rigg gives a terrific performance as the depressed Tracy. She feels real. Telly Savalas was also a pretty good Blofeld.

OHMSS is now my #2 favorite Bond film since watching the film today. It has all the elements for the best Bond film. Sure, I would like Connery as Bond in this one. But what happens if he was? Could the film been the same? Would the formula be tampered with? Who knows! That's why I'll won't consider Connery playing Bond in this one. I find OHMSS unique not because of the story, epic quality, but because of George Lazenby, quite surprisingly. He's not a "lame" Bond people proceed of him, I found him the proper Bond of his time.

#65 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 01:15 AM

One of the reasons OHMSS is spectacular Qwerty, is because it's the only film, besides FRWL, to be fully adapted from Ian Fleming's novel. All the elements are here from the book. Style, grace, and romance sweeps this film. Peter Hunt was a stellar choice as director, wisely giving the film realism and panache, and got away from the silly gimmicks and gadgets, and focusing more on the characters and plot. The screenplay is a marvelous by Dick Maibaum.

Certainly agreed on that point. It makes the film excellent, all from the novel itself.