81 replies to this topic

#61 scaramanga1

scaramanga1

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 08:31 PM

Cheers Tanger, I will. Once again thanks for the really kind welcome. :)

#62 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 11:29 AM

Wow, I don't remember getting this many replys when I suggested a Fan-Fic club, it's good to see things have changed! Count me in!

#63 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 12:33 PM

Great Icephoenix!
I remember a while back when you suggested that a group of us should get together and read Mightier Than The Sword. We were the only ones that wanted to do it as I recall.
Great to have you onboard!

#64 Bond_Bishop

Bond_Bishop

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1885 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 08:14 PM

I'm intrested, sign me up Tanger

#65 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 09:45 AM

Welcome Bond_Bishop!

Here's the FanFic for Week 3:

http://debrief.comma...showtopic=13984

All intructions are in the topic.

#66 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 09:53 AM

By the way, I'm changing the name of the FFRC. It's now the Fan Fiction Review Club. Nearly the same, but slighty different. Sounds better too I think.

I've written up a list of all the fan fics we'll be reading and it's about 30 weeks worth. I hope you'll all stick around for that long.
Rgds

#67 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 12:03 AM

Oh and another thing. I recommend that all FFRC subscribe to this and all the other threads so that you can keep track of all developments with in the club.

This is just in case I don't have enough time to PM everybody. Which takes quite a long time especially now since there's no feature where you can send the same message to everyone in your address book.

Anyway, I hope you're all enjoying the current fan fic and look forward to discussing it. You've all been a bit quite lately so I'm not sure whether you're still with me or not.
Rgds

#68 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 02:18 AM

Don't worry Tanger, I'm certainly still with ya and will read it next week when I'm off! :)

#69 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 03:23 PM

Glad to hear it Qwerty! :)

#70 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 07:58 PM

Yup! :) It does look a bit longer, but I hope it turns out well! :)

#71 clinkeroo

clinkeroo

Commander

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 09:11 PM

I'm trying to get through it. I've been pretty active in the newsgroup in the past (not as much since I frequent these boards so much now :) ) and I remember Ekko first announcing the story. I've tried to get into it several times since it was first posted, but it is sort of like that book that everyone has, the one that sits on your bookshelf, or on your nightstand, for months, or years, and you really want to read it, but you just can't seem to get comfortable with it. I'm going to try Microsoft Reader with it, and see if hearing it, rather than reading it, might go smoother. At least just to get the ball rolling.

#72 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 11:16 PM

Don't worry Mr. Clink. There's still another week of reading time left. Or you could just not read it. Remember, you don't HAVE to read every single fan fic. Although it does bring better discussion if you do. :)

I wonder where everyone else is? Probably to busy talking about Brosnan and Bond 21 in about 60 other threads.

Or has the FFRC died already?:)

Please somebody, tell me you're out there!

Anyway, I've finished this one and have been hard at work trying to select our 4th piece. So far, since this is quite a long piece, I've decided to go for a short story. I think I've selected one that you'll like.

In the meantime keep reading and Don't forget discussion of The Man With Platinum Hands on Sunday 22nd Feb!

#73 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 02:17 AM

Tanger were here, no one has probably posted because they know they have a week left to read! :)

#74 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 08:51 PM

I did PM everyone a week back to let them know what was going on. I guess we'll wait and see who comes to the discussion.:)

#75 Robinson

Robinson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1445 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 06:51 PM

Hey, put me down on this club. I'll try to read and participate as much as I can.

#76 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 11:38 AM

Hey Robinson. Welcome aboard.
This is the Fan Fic for Week 3:

http://debrief.comma...showtopic=13984

Discussion is this Sunday and all instructions are in the thread. Enjoy.

Also please feel free to read previous weeks Fan Fics and comment on those if you wish.

#77 scaramanga1

scaramanga1

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 08:49 PM

What are reading for week 5 Tanger? I'm looking forward to the next tale in the fine selection you've made for all our benefit. :)

#78 Lazenby880

Lazenby880

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 02:12 AM

Having spent more time here on CBn and being someone who always enjoys reading fan fiction, I'd like to join your Reader's Club too if possible. Having written one myself, and writing another at the moment, I know how useful feedback and discussion of one's project can be, which is why I always like to read and comment on works of fan fiction. I may not have time to comment every week straight away being a busy student, but I undertake to do my best. :)

Could I join for week 5?

Edited by Lazenby, 29 February 2004 - 02:13 AM.

#79 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 02:17 AM

Of course you can join Lazenby. I'm so glad that lots of people feel the same way that I do.

For Week 5 Lazenby, funnily enough, I have picked your piece Knight Of Shadows to read. This short story was published on AJB last week and as I had been interested by it for a while, I decided to read it. I'll tell you, the FFRC members are in for another treat with this one.

#80 Lazenby880

Lazenby880

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 10:37 AM

Of course you can join Lazenby. I'm so glad that lots of people feel the same way that I do.

For Week 5 Lazenby, funnily enough, I have picked your piece Knight Of Shadows to read. This short story was published on AJB last week and as I had been interested by it for a while, I decided to read it. I'll tell you, the FFRC members are in for another treat with this one.

Thank you for the welcome Tanger, and for your words regarding Knight Of Shadows. I am very much looking forward to reading the views of others, and as it is my own work I'll sit this one out and answer other members questions/comments etc. :)

#81 scaramanga1

scaramanga1

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 March 2004 - 04:35 PM

What have we got week 7 Tanger? Itching to read again. :)

#82 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 13 March 2004 - 05:02 PM

Something very special indeed. :)

Just wait and see. I'll be posting it tomorrow.