43 replies to this topic

#1 Sir James

Sir James

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 07 April 2003 - 06:18 PM

Here you can post suggestions to the novel, and ideas for upcoming additions.

#2 Sir James

Sir James

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 04:32 PM

OK here is my thoughts. We could really make this one a good spy thriller. This man Bond is talking to could be trying to recruit him, I really thought it could have lead to this orgainization the man represents who was responsible for the bombing beliveing Bond was sincere in beliveing what the man was saying about his life. Then, Bond, in an effort to expose this terror orgainization, would be assigned to do a job for them while still working for MI6. He would be able to get into the innerworkings of that orginization, and under the front of showing a more desparate 007, the leader would believe he has him brainwashed. Then Bond would be able to expose it all with ease, while at the same time face an inner conflict about wether Patriotism is enough.

Why not we try that aim. The next Bit or too should have Bond brought to the leader of this organization and talked about this. Then Bond could go back to M and explain what happened. She could be furious with him. In doing so, Bond realizes he wants to make something of his seemingly useless life and infiltrates this orgainization and does this job. In doing so he somehow realizes that Patriotism is better and comes back and saving the day

#3 mkkbb

mkkbb

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 02:16 PM

You were reading my mind Sir James... the bit about the man and trying to recruit him. Also I was thinking about having an inside traitor (not like DAD, but a whole crew/team setting up disasters for mi6 to act on).

I wasn't expecting ChandlerBing's unexpected return of Doctor Kauffman, made me jump really. Clever.

This is a quality idea. I'd like to see Bond turn on MI6, join the bad side and work with them, he's fed up with saving the world and having no reward/recognition. M treats him like a slave, and they wouldn't allow him to avenge his wife's death.

This I think would make a brilliant story (different like TSWLM novel). A one off. I wouldn't think it would fit a film, but definately a novel. To see the dark side of him, and see him really screw up the good side.

What do you think? I think he should help Blofeld in this case. Really go along with things. Then when he's made to kill M or someone close to him does he realise that his heart really does lie on the good side so he changes back.

#4 Sir James

Sir James

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 03:29 PM

I love it, lets go to it :)

Anyone who posts in the novel, please post here to see the devolpements of the story, and we should plan some future bits.

#5 Sir James

Sir James

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 03:53 PM

ok I left it with Bond going into M's office, I would really like to see some sharp dialouge about patriotism and passion before he tries to kill her. Somehow its then foiled and Bond escapes back to safety with SPECTRE.

Remember though, at the end, Bond realizes what Patritiosm is and exposes and kills Blofeld, but thats at the end of the novel. For now, Bond has defected, and lets keep him passionate and dangerous.

#6 mkkbb

mkkbb

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 04:15 PM

Like it, were on the same wavelength here!!!! Lets see what happens next - this is an interesting interactive story - and you can't wait to see where it goes next. Nobody, but nobody knows what is going to happen overall.

#7 mkkbb

mkkbb

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 04:24 PM

And you know, I am absolutely against having another Bond film being a personal vendetta or a personal mission for Bond. Yet, in a novel it seems a brilliant idea. I could imagine Blofeld using all the old mind tricks like

"Remember MI6 did nothing about your wife, they even cancelled your mission to avenge her"

"You're being used as a tool, you have no say, 'go here, go there', no rewards, how many people know you've saved their lives..."

"What have you got from working for the british government. Nothing, oh sure, a good pension, knowledge that the world is safe from megalomaniacs. But what do you really benefit from it"

#8 Agent 0011

Agent 0011

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 04:35 PM

my only question in the direction of the story is where is the all the pain for lossing tracy gone? after all blofeld did kill her in cold blood....i don't think we should totally lose sight of that.....i think maybe we should include a more physical bit, like say Bond comes within a hair's length of killing M, then recovers his sense....but then the "Insight traitors" of M16 manage to recover Bond back and then something is DONE to Bond to make him not act as himself. i dunno know about the mere power of suggestion being enough to persuade james bond's mindset.

although kudos chandlerbing on reintroducting dr. kaufman....what a great twist! i always thought he was an underused character in the movie.

#9 Sir James

Sir James

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 07:59 PM

Originally posted by Agent 0011
my only question in the direction of the story is where is the all the pain for lossing tracy gone? after all blofeld did kill her in cold blood....i don't think we should totally lose sight of that.....i think maybe we should include a more physical bit, like say Bond comes within a hair's length of killing M, then recovers his sense....but then the "Insight traitors" of M16 manage to recover Bond back and then something is DONE to Bond to make him not act as himself. i dunno know about the mere power of suggestion being enough to persuade james bond's mindset.

although kudos chandlerbing on reintroducting dr. kaufman....what a great twist! i always thought he was an underused character in the movie.

Thats not a bad idea about the M bit, and if you would like to do that bit, go on ahead. And yes, you bring up a good point, the mere suggestion of personal freedom would not be able to subdue 007 to the dark side. Perhaps after Bond comes close to killing M, and the inside men for SPECTRE pull him out they could threaten to kill him, calling him someone that they cant really trust. Blofeld, needing him for something so important its yet to be determined plays more of a mind game on Bond with some kind of physical incident. What about a drug? Somehow, Bond is given a memory drug, that triggers the thoughts of Bond not being allowed to avenge either Tracy or Felix, or being hung out to dry in North Korea. In doing so, Bond becomes so addicted to the drug that Blofeld has him wrapped around his finger. Evneutally however, it gets to the point that Bond does not need the drug, and is officially driven by the ultimate passion of revenge.

Later on however, somehow, Bond is reminded perhaps of the death of Tracy, but sees Blofeld, not M as the true person responsible, thus he turns back to the good side and has a final showdown with Blofeld.

Thoughts?

#10 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 10:08 PM

Do you guys like how I brought Ernst Stravo Blofeld and SPECTRE back?

#11 Agent 0011

Agent 0011

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 10:40 PM

yeah....i liked you suggestions Sir James....i think that would keep things flowing well, this is fun to be able to through bits and pieces t/g and collectively make a story. this was a great idea for you to make.

and yes, Righty007, very much enjoyed bringing back Bond's ultimate neimisis into the picture. good move!

#12 Felix_Leiter

Felix_Leiter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 482 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 04:07 AM

We might want to discuss some of the major action sequences as I think one is due in a little bit. I don't know about you guys but I'm writing Bond as if he was to be played by Roger Moore. But I'm also throwing in a bit of Brosnan and Dalton (especially when we get to the action sequences) for good measure.

#13 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 12:44 PM

Many of you won't believe this, but I really didn't mean to bring back Dr. Kauffman. I just thought the push 3 send thing was a nice gag referring to the scene...the man is dead! he got got shot in the head...and then we have the man with the shotgun face...ok, you win.

#14 Sir James

Sir James

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 03:48 PM

Ok here is what I think the next bit should entail...

Bond and M have a really heated discussion with Bond suffering some withdral from the drug he was given. In doing so he can either attempt or actually kill M,its up to who writes it. Either way, a action scene takes place and Bond escapes back to the clutches of Blofeld. A good action scene through MI6 and Bonds escape should be clever and inventive

#15 Agent 0011

Agent 0011

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 04:38 PM

I must say....Sir James and Chandlerbing....I'm really impressed, that was some amazing pieces ya'll recently added into the story...I LOVED THEM. Both of you put in another great twist, I like the way this is heading...some truly uncharted lands for Bond to run through now! :)

...BRAVO....

#16 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 07:23 PM

Agent0011, what about my parts?

#17 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 07:30 PM

Agent0011, what about my parts?

#18 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 07:32 PM

Sorry, I only meant to send that post above once.

#19 Sir James

Sir James

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 07:55 PM

ok, I have just sent Bond off from the service. I think there needs to be a bit where Blofeld explains to the doctor Bond is going to help in Morrocco about what his whole intention with Bond is. Also, it needs to be brought in what the whole point of the doctor will be. Is he making this drug to infect the best of each western intelligence service to defect to SPECTRE. Thus, Blofeld could have his own breed of super spies?

If so, Bond could be sent to protect the drug, but most importantly there needs to be a bit about what Blofelds revenge intentions with Bond are.

Thoughts?

#20 Agent 0011

Agent 0011

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 08:32 PM

Righty007....very sorry to have not included you also....you've also written some great pieces that i've also enjoyed. everyone is doing awesome job. i was simply referring to the last couple of posts and i forgot to include your name with their's.
:)

#21 Agent 0011

Agent 0011

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 08:36 PM

Originally posted by Sir James
ok, I have just sent Bond off from the service. I think there needs to be a bit where Blofeld explains to the doctor Bond is going to help in Morrocco about what his whole intention with Bond is. Also, it needs to be brought in what the whole point of the doctor will be. Is he making this drug to infect the best of each western intelligence service to defect to SPECTRE. Thus, Blofeld could have his own breed of super spies?

If so, Bond could be sent to protect the drug, but most importantly there needs to be a bit about what Blofelds revenge intentions with Bond are.  

Thoughts?

I think that would be a good direction to pull it in, we need to fill in the holes there. i say, yes, let's have Blofeld attempting to defect agents for is own super spies. sounds good and diabolitcal :)

bond could be sent to protect and see to the drug, lemme pounder some on what blofelds revenge could be.

#22 Sir James

Sir James

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 02:05 PM

The novel has been moved to the fan fiction section, if any mod is reading this, please move this topic there too!

#23 Agent 0011

Agent 0011

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 04:05 PM

I looked in the fan fic section and I didn't see it there? has it been moved...or is it gonna be moved there? :)

#24 Agent 0011

Agent 0011

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 05:55 PM

never mind!!! i found it..looking under wrong heading.....

#25 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 06:54 PM

I'm getting a real kick out of this. I wrote over 70 Bond short stories back in junior high, so this is the first Bond writing I have done in over 12 years. I love getting inside his head and messing with him. Could never do it anywhere else. Think of all the stuff he has seen and done, and you play with it.

#26 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 10:04 PM

Fellows, this topic really belongs in the Fan Fiction forum so I am moving it there.

Great idea. by the way.

#27 DanMan

DanMan

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2009 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 11:14 PM

This is really getting interesting. If I can, i'll try to post a couple of paragraphs.

#28 Agent 0011

Agent 0011

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 11:56 PM

Originally posted by ChandlerBing
I'm getting a real kick out of this.  I wrote over 70 Bond short stories back in junior high, so this is the first Bond writing I have done in over 12 years.  I love getting inside his head and messing with him.  Could never do it anywhere else.  Think of all the stuff he has seen and done, and you play with it.

i totally agree :)....its so great to be inside bond's head, endless stuff to pull from. def much fun i agree!

#29 Agent 0011

Agent 0011

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 15 April 2003 - 12:45 PM

so guys, were do we want to head with the story from here?

possibly thinking we should dive into some stuff w/ Blofeld...give a little hint at what his real intentions for Bond may be, just so people can get a little inkling to where the story is heading.....it would slow things down for a sec by going into the head of blofeld alittle. just a thought though, wondering what everyone else might have in mind.

#30 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 15 April 2003 - 02:12 PM

Who is the Bond girl here?

What is the villain's plot?