so much bond fiction, so little time to be able to read it all

#32 double0kevin

double0kevin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 11:56 PM

well you can read mine if you want! its called the fallen kill!!! and its on this site.

#33 Kronsteen

Kronsteen

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 418 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 03:41 PM

I love the site! Are there any new reviews coming up soon?

#34 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 10:13 AM

Yes I was wondering that. It'd be great if they could review Jim's fanfic.

#35 Matt Helm

Matt Helm

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 04:18 AM

Yes there will be more. Sorry about the lull. I was graced with a newborn in 2003 that has suddenly become an 8 month old. Anyone who has small kids understands that time just flys by at a different rate.

My next review will probably be snippets of short stories I have enjoyed. It is just a matter of finding the time to share my thoughts.

Then I may break my rule on "no movie Bond" fics. Although I have not finished it yet, Heavan Isn't Too Far Away deserves a mention. It is not to be considered in the literary genre as it is more of a movie script than a novel, but I can appreciate the hard work Xen put into it.

As far as Jim's novel goes, I must say I salivate based on the reviews of others but I have not found the time to commit to it yet. Besides, I would like to know it is on it's way to completion before I dive in.

Thanks for your interest in the site. I'll get to the updates soon.

#36 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 04:22 AM

Congratulations on the little Helm, Matt.

#37 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 05:57 PM

*phew*

Xen breathes a huge sigh of relief.

I thought you hated it Matt. I was playing with the novel genre actually, one more based on dialogue where I leave it up the audience to picture everything else. I figured they would pay more attention that way. BTW, you do that CBN has the updated version, right?

But thank you for the nice words, so far.

-- Xenobia

#38 bondfan15

bondfan15

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 12:40 AM

My next review will probably be snippets of short stories I have enjoyed. It is just a matter of finding the time to share my thoughts.

Hope you'll consider reading and reviewing my short stories "Never Send a Man" and "The Eternal Flame" amongst these snippets. They are currently available at the Fan Fiction section of mi6.co.uk, and I will soon be submitting some new stories as well.

Not that I'm shamelessly plugging my stories or anything... :)

Edited by bondfan15, 11 February 2004 - 12:45 AM.

#39 bondfan15

bondfan15

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 12:43 AM

Hope you'll consider reading and reviewing my short stories "Never Send a Man" and "The Eternal Flame" amongst these snippets. They are currently available at the Fan Fiction section of mi6.co.uk, and I will soon be submitting some new stories as well.

Not that I'm shamelessly plugging my stories or anything... :)

#40 Matt Helm

Matt Helm

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 02:01 AM

I absolutely will be reviewing "Never Send a Man" in the near future, along with Clink's "Deathstyles of the Rich and Blameless". These two stories stand out as the best two short stories out there. I also red Eternal Flame but think I had some issues with the ending. Unfortunately I have so many different works running around in my head that I probably have to go back and reread it.

It makes me happy to know that some of you are out that waiting to read my opinions. Not that I really know what I'm talking about when I write them, but I figure since I can't write a story myself, I need to encourage you skilled writers to give me my Bond fix.

As I posted earlier, the new little Double-O in my life has taken up so much of my free time... and I wouldn't have it any other way.