36 replies to this topic

#31 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 10:53 PM

I don't think he should have gotton it removed, the mole was his trademark.

#32 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 11:02 PM

It was. But I think at his age a mole like that is potentially dangerous -- possibly cancerous. That's why he did it. I remember reading this at the time.

#33 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 07:49 PM

You're right, it wasn't a beauty thing but a health thing.

And as stated, make-up hides a multitude of things. Didn't Brosnan have some facial scar during the making of TND? I don't believe we ever saw that.

#34 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 07:55 PM

Originally posted by 4 Ur Eyez Only

Roger played him older in: for your eyes only - a view to a kill! So he and the writers are fine!!

With all due respect to both yourself and Mr Moore, I don't believe there was ever an intentional subtle shift to playing Bond "old(er)".

Moore was 56 during the filming of AVTAK and that's that. He (Bond) was still jumping off bridges, bedding girls half his age, performing other feats of agility and the world continued to revolve at a reassuring pace.

To my mind, there was no ageing from LALD to AVTAK that we could hang even a hat the size of the one whose owner was small headed, of limited means and lost a fight with a chicken.

#35 Dr. Tynan

Dr. Tynan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3456 posts
  • Location:Was on Saturn, now back in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Posted 20 March 2003 - 10:56 PM

I think Moore looked too old to play Bond in Live And Let Die.

Only kidding, Moore always looked the youngest for his age.

#36 MovieManOO7

MovieManOO7

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 26 March 2003 - 05:50 AM

There is one thing that mustn't be forgotten though. 1983 had been the year of the battle of the Bonds between Roger Moore and Sean Coonery (in OP and NSNA respectively). Even though Moore won the battle (in terms of profits) he had to return for one more Bond film if only to establish that the official EON series would still strive even with renegade Bond productions.

And anyway, I think Moore looks better in AVTAK than Connery did in DAF (although he strangely seemed to be in better shape in NSNA - no to mention he a better hair piece!). In addition, if AVTAK had been a better Bond film, I believe we all would have been more forgiving of his age.

#37 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 26 March 2003 - 10:03 PM

I just started watching AVTAK today and I want to say that I don't think Roger Moore looks TOO old anymore. Thanks for making me relize this guys.