37 replies to this topic

#31 Fraternal

Fraternal

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 440 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 11:25 AM

I am mainly a member of another Bond forum and there was a discussion about satrting a James Bond Tv Series an so forth,I don't know about this one, the series would be based on Bond novels and would try to be as much like the novels as possible, I have started to write a Moonraker Tv script
http://www.geocities...rTvScptPrt1.rtf
http://www.geocities...rTvScptPrt2.rtf
I was just wondering what the members of this board think of them.

#32 Joyce Carrington

Joyce Carrington

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4631 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 12:56 PM

Well, I wasn't able to read them as my computer went totally berserk when I tried to open it, but other than that MGM will NEVER let you play it.

Forgetting about that, the TV series would need to have some sort of 'cliffhanger' at the end of each episode, so as long as the reader/viewer stays interested, it should be okay. I wonder if it works, cutting a Bond story into several episodes...

#33 Thunderball8

Thunderball8

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 04:11 AM

Guys,

I mentioned in a different section that I had this wonderful long dream that ran as a 007 movie in my mind.

Harmsway asked me to share it under Fan Fictions.
Could be interesting as I am both author and "viewer" of this one, so while I probably would not have come up with some elements consciously on my own, they came up in my subconscious....

How do I go about submitting something. Do I just post it here?

#34 philbowski

philbowski

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 235 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 04:13 AM

Cool. Yeah, post it.

#35 _JW_

_JW_

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 91 posts

Posted 23 February 2003 - 09:09 AM

Where do you draw ideas for your Bond fan fictions from? I've never written a piece of fan fiction before. I'd like to, but I'm having trouble coming up with an interesting plot. Just wondering where fellow writers get their Bond inspiration from...

#36 Joyce Carrington

Joyce Carrington

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4631 posts

Posted 23 February 2003 - 11:55 AM

Read the paper every day. You just might get an idea from an article.

#37 Max Zorin

Max Zorin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 12:39 AM

Is there any sort of etiquette in the use of all ready established characters in the Bond canon? IE, would I be allowed to kill off Moneypenny if I so desired? (I'm not going to, thats just an example.)

#38 Dr. Tynan

Dr. Tynan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3456 posts
  • Location:Was on Saturn, now back in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Posted 10 March 2003 - 05:18 AM

Just don't do something that might not be allowed by the Ian Fleming Foundation. I know sfa about this sorta thing, but I just wonder if the IFF could perhaps sue you if you did something to the character that they did not like (for example; made a fearless character into a cowardly one).......I dunno, apologies if I'm talkin' outta my ***.

As for what is polite?.... screw that. Don't go overboard fretting about offending people (like me). Anyway, it's a matter of opinion what is impolite.