#31 crashdrive

crashdrive

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 22 February 2003 - 06:09 PM

Originally posted by kevrichardson
Hugh Jackman forget!! Not going to happen.  

I agree Jackman is out the second 'Van Helsing' will be a huge hit and he'll sign on to star in sequels. Still, at the moment, I think there's a chance he could be the next Bond. Why else would he say in an interview he would love to replace Brosnan? The 'X Men' franchise could be the dead when 'Bond 22' starts shooting.

But if Jackman is out of the race. Who does that leave us with?

#32 kevrichardson

kevrichardson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 22 February 2003 - 06:50 PM

Originally posted by crashdrive

I agree Jackman is out the second 'Van Helsing' will be a huge hit and he'll sign on to star in sequels. Still, at the moment, I think there's a chance he could be the next Bond. Why else would he say in an interview he would love to replace Brosnan? The 'X Men' franchise could be the dead when 'Bond 22' starts shooting.
But if Jackman is out of the race. Who does that leave us with?

EON will not want to have it's Bond in too many action films . they may take a closer look at Northam . Yes the age factor is in play with him ( like Moore , Northam would be close to mid-40's) . But he would not be considered a action film star. X-Men Franchise may not be dead by 2007 since there is more interest in using comic books for films today than in the past ( Batman , Superman) . Given the hype towards Ang Lee's "Hulk" . And the box office success of "Daredevil" ( corny as it is ,poor reviews) . The X-Men will have another film or two in it. Plus the possible spin-off of one of the characters . My feeling is "Wolverine"( since he was a more interesting hero in comics) . God only know about "VanHelsing" , and what that might do ! Not too many horror films today so there may be a build in audience for it . Plus the history of Bond is that it is due to have at least one poorly received film . All 4 of Brosnan's films have been positive . So after Bond 21 , which should be his last . It will be hard too for EON to introduce a new Bond and keep the rollercoaster ride flying as high as it is now .

#33 crashdrive

crashdrive

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 23 February 2003 - 10:45 AM

If we follow your criteria Kev (the candidate should not be a well-known Hollywood leading man) I think Clive Owen is in danger of becoming the next candidate we can scratch off he list. Read the following report from Coming Soon!, & IGN FilmForce:

IGN FilmForce has learned from a trusty source that the "likely" candidate to portray the title role in Disney's forthcoming King Arthur is none other than ... Clive Owen! Yes, fanboys, that super-cool, 38-year-old English thesp best known for The Hire (BMW's series of online shorts), Gosford Park, Croupier and The Bourne Identity. Owen will next star opposite Angelina Jolie in Beyond Borders. We must emphasize, however, that Owen is only in talks for the role right now; it's not a done deal. One can only imagine that King Arthur will do for Clive Owen what Gladiator did for Russell Crowe.

You know what? I'm really start to like the idea of Northam again. I'd suggest you to check out the site for his new spy film Cypher. I think he would be a great choice. A better choice than Jackman. I just wish he was a little bit younger. If Brosnan will sign on to do Bond 22, I think we can scratch him off the list aswell. And then, who's left?

#34 kevrichardson

kevrichardson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 23 February 2003 - 05:45 PM

Nice , I like him . When is this film released some tiime during 2003 . The more i think about it . It's a shame the dude form that TV show died . I think he had the look of a Bond . Plus with some coaching( acting lesson , good direction like Connery under Young) could have replaced Brosnan with no problem.

#35 crashdrive

crashdrive

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 23 February 2003 - 11:13 PM

Originally posted by kevrichardson
Nice , I like him . When is this film released some tiime during 2003 .

Yeah I think so. If you come across images from Cypher on the website, let me know. I didn't have time to figure out how to navigate through the site. I'd love to see Northam in some 'Bond-esque' images.

#36 kevrichardson

kevrichardson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 23 February 2003 - 11:23 PM

Originally posted by crashdrive

Yeah I think so. If you come across images from Cypher on the website, let me know. I didn't have time to figure out how to navigate through the site. I'd love to see Northam in some 'Bond-esque' images.

It looks like a good "spy" film. should be interesting . I think EON may look at it also too get a idea of how Northam would be in such a similar film.