34 replies to this topic

#31 Jriv71

Jriv71

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 01:57 PM

OK, shockingly, I never saw Young Indiana Jones either.

I'm just saying, not to take it too seriously, that I find Austin Powers insulting, being a Bond fan. "True Lies" was a moderately entertaining rip-off, a tribute to the genre, not an insulting spoof.

You can hate the idea of Bond Year One, but how is that even on the same page as Austin Powers?

#32 goldengun

goldengun

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 209 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 03:03 PM

Would it be possible to make a Bond film where BOnd is married (Arnie from True Lies)?

You have to admit it would be an interesting plot - Bond married and he has to sacrifice himself for the mission (weren't those Morre's words in AVTAK?)

#33 kevrichardson

kevrichardson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 12:51 AM

Originally posted by Jriv71
OK, shockingly, I never saw Young Indiana Jones either.  
I'm just saying, not to take it too seriously, that I find Austin Powers insulting, being a Bond fan.  "True Lies" was a moderately entertaining rip-off, a tribute to the genre, not an insulting spoof.
You can hate the idea of Bond Year One, but how is that even on the same page as Austin Powers?

THe idea of showing Bond on his first "mission" for mi6 or just how he got his 00-number. Is the stuff of "comic book" or even the Literary stuff. Can not see how ti will work dramatically. Bond's first mission against the "Russian". No good.

#34 Jaws99

Jaws99

Cadet

• Crew
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 06:28 PM

Originally posted by goldengun
Would it be possible to make a Bond film where BOnd is married (Arnie from True Lies)?  

I think with what happened to Bond and Tracy - he won't be getting married for a while, unless Michael Wilson runs out of movie plot ideas...

#35 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 06:46 PM

I think if Cubby was more in charge and not sick Tim would have stayed