This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

3rd Dalton Script Was Already Written!!!!

39 replies to this topic

#31 11 11

11 11

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 08:53 PM

Yes again this sounds eerily similar to DAD

Graves=Hopkins? certainly could be said they are close

But the Goldberg, black woman wins an oscar, is the hot female actress, thing=Berry black woman wins an oscar , is the hot female actress thing now that is just too obvious.

It is like when they said let's just use The propery of a lady and call it DAD they just said instead of Whoopie, hey just get halle, she's black, she just won an oscar

#32 kevrichardson

kevrichardson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 18 January 2003 - 04:12 PM

Goldberg is not the issue here. She was to play the Villianess not the love interest. She won a Oscar so what . It was the early 1990's . And Bond was in limbo at the very least. I believe that most who respond to this post are interested in the "Artistic Value" of the screen play . And what can ,has and will ever be use in any futre Bond film.

#33 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 18 January 2003 - 04:53 PM

One wonders if we may have stumbled on to the secret origin of the line 'Yo Mamma'.

#34 ray t

ray t

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1394 posts

Posted 20 January 2003 - 02:23 PM

i read the treatment on 007 forever a couple of years ago and my number one thought was:

whoopie goldberg is (and this is in the eye of the beholder) NEITHER gorgeous, hot, ultra-sexy or the epitomy of beauty (in the sexual fantasy sense of the word)

as a result, the movie would have been weak at the european, asian and oceania box offices...and perhaps even at the us box office.

she is a lovely person and has her own beauty...but she is HARDLY BOND GIRL material...and it would have been a BIG mistake to have her as the main bond girl. Henchwoman for sure....but not the bond girl in the truest sense of the word.

i guess she was daltons girlfriend at the time....

#35 ray t

ray t

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1394 posts

Posted 20 January 2003 - 02:27 PM

the big difference with halle berry is that she is HOT, SEXY and BEAUTIFUL...and universally acknowledged as such

#36 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 20 January 2003 - 06:14 PM

Ever since Dalton left the series I've been disappointed that he didn't do a third film, but if the reported details of the treatment are correct I wonder whether we were in fact spared what might well have been the very worst Bond outing ever.

Robots and Whoopi Goldberg? I can just imagine how Goldberg would have been used without mercy for so-called comic relief and given endless horribly unfunny lines. She'd've been the Jar Jar Binks of the Bond series. The names Ted Kotcheff and John Landis are enough to make discerning moviegoers wake up screaming in the night, and then there was the mooted involvement of the unholy alliance of screenwriting that is Gloria Katz and Willard Huyck....

The whole affair bears all the hallmarks of a strong overreaction to the perceived over-seriousness of THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS and LICENCE TO KILL. Judging by the names attached to the project, it seems that the Bond people wanted to aim it squarely at what they thought were popular tastes in America and recapture a market LTK was thought to have lost them, stopping just short of a cameo by the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

#37 Byron

Byron

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1377 posts

Posted 21 January 2003 - 10:52 AM

I do not think the pendulum would have swung that far.

It says somewhere that this script would follow the gritty realistic direction of LTK but would be brimming with high tech concepts.

Several scenes were quite shocking in their brutality like the assasin henchman burning alive several competitors he has trapped in a room and Bond putting a blowtorch to the villains face. Hardly the stuff of a light hearted Moore romp. About the Bond girl :

The main Bond girl is Connie Webb a white, heiress of a large prominent family fortune and in between all that a professional burglar.

Whoopi hardly fits this description and is too rotund for the demanding action of this role. Connie Webb in my mind is exactly the character
Catherine Zeta Jones played in "Entrapment". Its a shmae she has never been a Bond girl.

#38 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 21 January 2003 - 03:53 PM

Originally posted by ray t
i read the treatment on 007 forever a couple of years ago and my number one thought was:

whoopie goldberg is (and this is in the eye of the beholder) NEITHER gorgeous, hot, ultra-sexy or the epitomy of beauty (in the sexual fantasy sense of the word)

as a result, the movie would have been weak at the european, asian and oceania box offices...and perhaps even at the us box office.

she is a lovely person and has her own beauty...but she is HARDLY BOND GIRL material...and it would have been a BIG mistake to have her as the main bond girl. Henchwoman for sure....but not the bond girl in the truest sense of the word.

i guess she was daltons girlfriend at the time....

Rosamund (I have the face that looks like a dog's a**) Pike is ugly too, yet she made it into DAD.

#39 kevrichardson

kevrichardson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 21 January 2003 - 04:16 PM

I thought that Rosemond Pike was really very attractive. you need to see a Eye Doctor. Secondly , Goldgerg was to play the vilian . Many of you just miss the point of the thread .It about a film treatment for Dalton at a time that Bond was in limbo after LTK. IT's about just how close we can to a make or break film for the series . All of this is history since we all , know what happen to Bond . A 6 years life in legal limbo. An the fact that Dalton left the role.

#40 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 21 January 2003 - 04:20 PM

Originally posted by DLibrasnow

Rosamund (I have the face that looks like a dog's a**) Pike is ugly

You must give me the name of your oculist.