75 replies to this topic

#61 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:10 AM

Well, for my part, I found it hilarious.

Utterly ridiculous and completely in keeping with the essence of red nose day which is, to make an ass of yourself...

Well done fellas.

#62 Grard Bond

Grard Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 02:00 AM

They aired a making off a couple of minutes ago.

#63 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 14 March 2015 - 07:03 AM

"There's a useful four letter word, and you're full of it" Sounds interesting in the original Geordie. At least I assume it was Geordie! Seems Daniel Craig might not be the only one of "Our Friends In The North". ;)

#64 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:51 AM

Hmm, methinks maybe us Brits should have warned some of our brethren about the general, er, "style" of Comic Relief sketches...

#65 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:06 AM

Hmm, methinks maybe us Brits should have warned some of our brethren about the general, er, "style" of Comic Relief sketches...

Ok...

Comic Relief: Red Nose Day = Doing silly things to raise money.

#66 New Digs

New Digs

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 92 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:49 AM

It was perfectly adequate as a comic relief sketch I thought. Epitomises how's the Brits love Bond. The crew all seemed happy, and a happy crew makes for a good Bond movie.

#67 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:14 PM

Loads of fun! :)

#68 larrythefatcat

larrythefatcat

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 327 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:46 PM

I somewhat enjoyed the sketch, but I was let down by the final reveal. I think that's mostly because I'm American and I had no idea who the stereotypically gay man at the end happened to be.

I guess it's Alan Carr... nope, I still have no clue who that is. Is he like a low-rent Graham Norton?

I recognized Sarah Millican's voice because I've seen her on 'Nevermind the Buzzcocks' a few times, but knowing who it was didn't really make it any funnier.

Overall, it was great to see Roger Moore in something Bond-related (the last thing I remember was 'Everything or Nothing' in 2012) but I feel that Daniel Craig "won" this sketch due to his facial expressions while having the voice of a little girl.

#69 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 06:09 PM

I'm all for tongue in cheek humour, and growing up around Comic Relief i'm completely used to celebrities taking the piss out of themselves for charity and we've had some great stuff over the years and I was even more excited when I found out that David Walliams was writing it, because although his humour is questionable, he's a massive Bond fan so I was a bit disappointed when it all fell a bit flat for me. I assumed that the sketch was going to reveal that Daniel Craig is just a clumsy idiot that keeps getting hurt, so they bring Moore back to replace him. That in itself is a more amusing prospect. Have all the cast and crew go on about how fantastic Moore is accompanied by footage of him in full character on the Spectre set punching out a few guards and running about all whilst Daniel Craig stands around looking resentful. 

What we ended up with was just plain weird. Love Bond unconditionally, but if I never saw that sketch again in my life, I really wouldn't be that fussed. 

#70 Grard Bond

Grard Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 07:01 PM

I totally agree with you. Apparently we had too high expectations.

But I mean... all these talented people and than you get this silly stuff. 

You have Craig, you have Moore and than they only come up with the idea of give them a silly voice. A 12 year old kid could have come up with this kind of humor.

Edited by Grard Bond, 14 March 2015 - 07:06 PM.

#71 hilly

hilly

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 07:07 PM

It was a bit of fun in a good cause. Nothing more. And completely in the spirit of Comic Relief.
To all the people who were disappointed. I don't know about you, but I reckon Daniel Craig and co are a little busy at the moment. I think it's good that they found the time to do it...

#72 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:53 PM

Actually I would have found it funnier to have Craig replaced by Moore for whatever reason. (Heaven knows he's tweeted his availability! ;)) Or given the rumours about "you know who" being in Spectre, have Moore revealed as Blofeld. But I did find the scenes with Sir Roger voiced by Sarah Millican funny - I was speaking with a colleague today who is from the English North East and has that accent and suggested she Google it.

#73 Odd Jobbies

Odd Jobbies

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1573 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 08:51 PM

Moneypenny's voice was bang on - very funny, though obviously a rip off of Bo Selecta's version of the Spice Girls' Mel B.   Rest of the voices were a pretty lame effort, but hey ho, it's all for charity so gald bless'em.

#74 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:49 PM

Well, not really a rip-off; that's what Johnny Vegas' voice is like!

#75 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 12:30 AM

Is there anywhere we can watch this?

#76 Mr_Wint

Mr_Wint

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2406 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:31 PM

How is this supposed to be funny?
They already messed up OHMSS by voice dubbing Lazenby! So if you want comic relief... reality >>> fiction.