35 replies to this topic

#31 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 09:35 PM

The Lawnmower Man is a ridiculous film but I love it. It reminds me of a world where CGI was an exciting new novelty and we all assumed we were a few consoles away from a Virtual Reality headset. I couldn't stick Doubtfire when I was 9, and I doubt I'd think much more of it now.

#32 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 09:46 PM

The Lawnmower Man is a ridiculous film but I love it. It reminds me of a world where CGI was an exciting new novelty and we all assumed we were a few consoles away from a Virtual Reality headset. I couldn't stick Doubtfire when I was 9, and I doubt I'd think much more of it now.

I think my love for Stephen King put me off that film, it was so far removed I just kept thinking "Wait, what?!"

#33 Juraquagmire

Juraquagmire

Cadet

• Crew
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:27 PM

The Matador!!

and After the Sunset

#34 hilly

hilly

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:28 AM

To be honest, I really struggled to think of a decent film in which he'd appeared..., aside from The Long Good Friday (in which he doesn't really speak)

Mamma Mia is an all-out cheese-fest and quite fun if you're in the right mood. And Brosnan's singing (which Mark Kermode likened to the sound of the QE2 docking) is...erm....interesting.

Mars Attacks is sub-standard Tim Burton, but quite entertaining. And it was nice to see him, at his Bond peak, playing against type

I thought The Ghost Writer was a real-letdown. And Brosnan veered towards the Ham more than once..

#35 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 02:55 PM

I thought The Ghost Writer was a real-letdown. And Brosnan veered towards the Ham more than once..

I didn't much care for The Ghost Writer either.  Same for The Matador, which I'd have to say is the most overrated film on Brosnan's resume.  

#36 glidrose

glidrose

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 01:27 AM

Yikes. I loved The Ghost Writer. And it's far and away Brosnan's best performances. Polanski really gets Brosnan to control those mannerisms that draw attention to himself in other films.

I only saw The Matador once and that was a long time ago but I too thought it was somewhat overrated.