This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Which actor (if he's NOT in SPECTRE) should be "Blofeld"?

38 replies to this topic

#31 Double-Oh Agent

Double-Oh Agent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4325 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:46 AM

I was going to start a thread asking who would Ernst Stavro Blofeld be played by if Christoph Waltz is telling the truth and it's not him and also if it's not Andrew Scott as others are positing. But then I saw this old thread and figured I should post my thoughts here.

Anyway, I came up with two candidates that EON could conceivably be keeping up their sleeves to surprise us with their casting as Blofeld. The likelier actor is Gary Oldman. He plays a great and threatening bad guy and is young enough for a return installment(s) as Bond's arch-enemy.

The other candidate would be my personal top choice simply because I love his voice and his slow, smooth delivery which can be very commanding and menacing and totally in line with Eric Pohlmann's iconic Blofeld--and that candidate is Hugo Weaving.

#32 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 31 March 2015 - 02:28 PM

If he's not Christoph Waltz and not Andrew Scott - two suggestions who have been round and round the next Bond villain circuit for years, in the red top tabloids at least;

Sir Anthony Hopkins and Kevin Spacey

(If it's the latter it will make the next season of "House Of Cards" interesting; "President Underwood, there are rumours you are really Ernst Stavro Blofeld, head of the global crime synidicate SPECTRE" Underwood "You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment" :))

And lets also put forward the man who played David Frost and the best England football manager England never had, Brian Clough; Hopkins' fellow Welshman Michael Sheen. Busy speaking about the NHS at the moment, but once our election's out of the way, who knows?

Bond "So Blofeld, you think you're the greatest master criminal on Earth?" Sheen as Blofeld (with Cloughie's accent) "No Mr Bond, but I think I'd be on a shortlist of one". :)

#33 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 02:40 PM

Just the other day, one of the Bourne films was being shown on tv and I only caught one scene with Brian Cox but it hit me... Why hasn't he been in Bond and why couldn't he be Blofeld?

#34 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 02:49 PM

Just the other day, one of the Bourne films was being shown on tv and I only caught one scene with Brian Cox but it hit me... Why hasn't he been in Bond and why couldn't he be Blofeld?

I could see it...

NigelCox_1841414c.jpg

;)

#35 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:57 PM

If he's not Christoph Waltz and not Andrew Scott - two suggestions who have been round and round the next Bond villain circuit for years, in the red top tabloids at least;

Sir Anthony Hopkins 

I've got to admit, if they swung the chair around at the end of the film and we saw Anthony Hopkins sitting there stroking a white cat, as cliche as that would be, it would be pretty cool.  It's a shame that Hopkins has never played a Bond villain, and that would be a pretty cool reveal if it happened while also staying completely secret before opening night.

#36 the man with the BB gun

the man with the BB gun

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 99 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 07:54 PM

patrick-stewart.jpg

It's about time we had a Yorkshireman in a Bond film.

#37 byline

byline

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 01:44 AM

Brian Cox played a far scarier (to me) Hannibal Lecter in Manhunter than Anthony Hopkins did in later film incarnations of that character. (As Cox noted, he played Lecter as insane, while Hopkins played him as crazy. Subtle but important difference.) As much as I enjoy Hopkins in many a role, Cox would get my vote!

#38 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:39 PM

I have felt Cox would be a great Bond villain for years. I was touting him as Le Chiffre on these forums back 10 years ago.

#39 Alexedward

Alexedward

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:58 PM

Waltz is the perfect choice for but he denied that he will not play Blofeld, if the Bond's arch-rival is not returning in Spectre then i would like to see Patrick Stewart as Blofeld in Bond 25, he can play Blofeld brilliantly too!