48 replies to this topic

#1 Sir Godfrey

Sir Godfrey

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:21 AM

Andrew Scott (Moriarty in Sherlock) would be a villain in Bond 24 according to the mirror.

http://www.mirror.co...herlock-4733030

He is an amazing actor. It would be a great choice.

Edited by Sir Godfrey, 03 December 2014 - 10:21 AM.

#2 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:31 AM

Some discussion here: http://debrief.comma...uncement/page-3

General conclusion was that large pinches of salt were necessary, but he could make for an interesting small role. I think he's great, but don't see him as a major villain.

#3 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 11:26 AM

Oh god. 

#4 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:48 PM

He likely a henchman/minor villain to the main villain. I doubt he is capable of being the villain.......tv and movie are not the same 

#5 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:54 PM

If he is in the film, I'd want him to be a Largo/Number 2 type.

#6 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 08:07 PM

Who?

#7 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 08:14 PM

Who?

Andrew-Scott-in-Sherlock-008.jpg

Played Moriarty in the BBC's hugely successful Sherlock. An Irish actor, double Lawrence Olivier Award winner, BAFTA Award winner, double Irish Film and Television Award winner, BBC Audio Drama Award winner etc.

http://en.wikipedia....t_(actor)#Stage

Very talented and respected actor - whether he's been cast in Bond 24 remains to be seen, we'll see tomorrow morning...

#8 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 08:26 PM

tumblr_mzzhqsBjYC1tpvrj4o1_500.gif

:D 

#9 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:36 PM

So has this been confirmed yet?

#10 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:38 PM

Yes!  He will play someone within Mi6.

#11 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:43 PM

Yes!  He will play someone within Mi6.

Or, at least, within Whitehall.

His character is called Denbigh. I'm thinking he won't necessarily be the most trustworthy of government colleagues...

#12 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:54 PM

Bond Smells A Rat may make another appearance on the soundtrack, perhaps.

#13 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 05:13 PM

I am absolutely thrillled for Andrew. He looked nervous at the press event. I have no doubt he will be a standout.

#14 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:50 PM

Yeah I mean I would be nervous too at a press event like this!

#15 dtuba

dtuba

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:44 PM

Well, he was standing next to Bautista. If that guy headed towards me, I'd probably soil myself. 

#16 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 11:37 PM

Well, he was standing next to Bautista. If that guy headed towards me, I'd probably soil myself. 

For good reason!

I'm hoping for a fight in an office building and Hinx Batista Bombs 007 through a table  :D

#17 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 11:14 PM

Interesting that CNN suggests Andrew Scott took a role which Chiwetel Ejiofor was originally in contention for.

#18 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 11:16 PM

Interesting that CNN suggests Andrew Scott took a role which Chiwetel Ejiofor was originally in contention for.

Heard that as well as reading more info regarding the leak.

#19 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 03:55 PM

These fight scenes will hopefully be really good in this movie.

#20 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 13 December 2014 - 06:04 PM

If Andrew Scott's character is intended as a bureaucratic British Intelligence type - but not on the side of the angels - then might we get the scene from the book The Man With The Golden Gun in which Bond attempts to assassinate M in his office? Only in this case the scene is changed and Bond assassinates Denbigh in his and succeeds?

(As for British Intelligence types sometimes not being on the side of the angels, it's something you couldn't make up because it happened in real life. In the Cold War era the UK produced some first rate spies such as Philby, Burgess and Maclean. Well at least their employers in Moscow thought them first rate!)

#21 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 06:10 PM

If Andrew Scott's character is intended as a bureaucratic British Intelligence type - but not on the side of the angels - then might we get the scene from the book The Man With The Golden Gun in which Bond attempts to assassinate M in his office? Only in this case the scene is changed and Bond assassinates Denbigh in his and succeeds?

(As for British Intelligence types sometimes not being on the side of the angels, it's something you couldn't make up because it happened in real life. In the Cold War era the UK produced some first rate spies such as Philby, Burgess and Maclean. Well at least their employers in Moscow thought them first rate!)

I guess it's possible we could get such a scene.  It certainly wouldn't be the worst way to go about having that kind of thing happen, and it would probably be a very shocking scene to see on film.

I do think, though, that the attempted assassination of M would make for a bold and very interesting way of introducing a new Bond, assuming that the right filmmakers were on board to make such a scene work just right.  Doing it that way would definitely be bold, and would have to be done perfectly by some very skilled filmmakers, but I think it would be a cool way of introducing a new Bond, perhaps the one after Craig.  

#22 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:12 AM

I guess it's possible we could get such a scene.  It certainly wouldn't be the worst way to go about having that kind of thing happen, and it would probably be a very shocking scene to see on film.

I do think, though, that the attempted assassination of M would make for a bold and very interesting way of introducing a new Bond, assuming that the right filmmakers were on board to make such a scene work just right.  Doing it that way would definitely be bold, and would have to be done perfectly by some very skilled filmmakers, but I think it would be a cool way of introducing a new Bond, perhaps the one after Craig.  

Yes, I agree. It's possibly too soon after the assasination attempt (successful?) on the last M in Skyfall. But I do find the attemped killing of M an interesting plot idea and would like to see them explore it in a later movie.

By the way, who killed Judi Dench's M? Did we see the actual moment she was shot and which of the henchmen did it?

#23 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:36 AM

Yes, I agree. It's possibly too soon after the assasination attempt (successful?) on the last M in Skyfall. But I do find the attemped killing of M an interesting plot idea and would like to see them explore it in a later movie.

By the way, who killed Judi Dench's M? Did we see the actual moment she was shot and which of the henchmen did it?

In Skyfall, M is taking cover behind an arch when she sees a henchman from Silva. She turns around and shoots at him, but misses. After which, the henchman returns fire towards her direction. I belief there's a brief frame of a bullet hitting her before cutting to Bond showing up and killing him.

#24 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:11 PM

If a movie is ever made of the story from the book You Only Live Twice - perhaps as Craig's final film, who knows - then the best way to introduce the "Bond attempts to assassinate M" scene from TMWTGG, (Assuming a variation of it isn't used in Spectre), would be at the start of the movie after that. And as pointed out, it would be a shocking, but striking way to introduce a new actor as Bond.

#25 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 03:16 PM

Just saw Andrew Scott in London, so safe to assume he's not involved in any current filming.

#26 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:29 PM

Just saw Andrew Scott in London, so safe to assume he's not involved in any current filming.

Did you manage to extract any information from him, by any means possible?

#27 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 05:10 PM

Did you manage to extract any information from him, by any means possible?
Afraid not! He was eating his lunch.

#28 quantumofsolace

quantumofsolace

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1563 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:20 PM

http://www.sherlocko...anscript-170615

#29 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:40 PM

Are you allowed to say who you're playing?

I don't work on anything that I'm allowed to speak about, it's very frustrating. No, I play a character called Max Denbigh.

How does it feel to be part of two of the biggest franchises in Britain?

Really, really extraordinary. There's a certain pressure. On the first day of the Bond set I was very nervous, every line I said I kept hearing... [hums the James Bond theme].

Your character in the new Bond film, how is he different from Moriarty, however much you can share?

... He's got sort of, I would say, a Prince of Wales check in his suit, and all Moriarty's suits are either navy or grey.

#30 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:12 PM

" MAX!!! MAAXX!! " - Dr. Karl Mortner... :D