This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Who's the prettiest Bond girl to die in a Bond film?

61 replies to this topic

#1 jmarks4life

jmarks4life

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 295 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:38 AM

This one I'm gonna vote Berenice Marlohe (Severeine)from Skyfall. She's very pretty.

#2 Eric Stromberg

Eric Stromberg

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:25 PM

Dead, pretty girls?  Now this is a topic I can sink my teeth into...Severeine is very pretty and very dead.

#3 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:30 PM

Get 'em when they're cold.

#4 jmarks4life

jmarks4life

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 295 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:14 PM

LOL!! Yeah she's gotta be top choice. She's hot & dead lmao!! :D

#5 jmarks4life

jmarks4life

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 295 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:44 PM

Solange Dimitrios from CR 06' was very pretty too!!

Edited by jmarks4life, 01 June 2013 - 06:53 PM.

#6 Double Naught spy

Double Naught spy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 169 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:53 PM

Luciana Paluzzi (Fiona Volpe from 'Thunderball') gets my vote. 

#7 billy007

billy007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 162 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:26 AM

Caroline Munro. With the exception of Ms Andress, no one looked sexier in a bikini

Edited by billy007, 02 June 2013 - 07:27 AM.

#8 PrinceKamalKhan

PrinceKamalKhan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11139 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:44 PM

Luciana Paluzzi (Fiona Volpe from 'Thunderball') gets my vote. 

Caroline Munro. With the exception of Ms Andress, no one looked sexier in a bikini

Double ditto. Volpe and Naomi are my top 2 in this category. I'll give Luciana Paluzzi the number 1 spot since she also plays one of the best written female characters in the series but Caroline Munro is a very close 2nd.

#9 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:46 PM

Fiona Volpe, Vesper Lynd and Severine.

#10 Sir Godfrey

Sir Godfrey

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:02 PM

Sophie Marceau. Cocorico !!!!!!!

#11 jmarks4life

jmarks4life

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 295 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:19 PM

I know I said Bond girls, but I gotta throw in a non Bond girl that is very hot. Naomi(Strombergs personal pilot), from TSWLM

#12 Satorious

Satorious

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 470 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:00 PM

Rather fond of the Goldfinger girls myself - particularly Tilly for some reason. Tania Mallet disappeared off the radar a bit after GF...

#13 Bill

Bill

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 257 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:28 PM

How about Corine Clery in Moonraker?  It was the first Bond film I saw on the big screen at the age of 11.  I remember her death scene, as I was sitting in the theatre on the edge of my seat, hoping 007 would suddenly arrive and shoot the dogs with his wrist dart gun.  Alas, it was not to be. 

#14 jmarks4life

jmarks4life

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 295 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:41 PM

She was pretty. I was hoping when I first saw Moonraker that she wasn't gonna die. That wasn't the case, and by dogs at that. Brutal

#15 Double Naught spy

Double Naught spy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 169 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:07 AM

How about Corine Clery in Moonraker?  It was the first Bond film I saw on the big screen at the age of 11.  I remember her death scene, as I was sitting in the theatre on the edge of my seat, hoping 007 would suddenly arrive and shoot the dogs with his wrist dart gun.  Alas, it was not to be. 

Yes, a very beautiful woman indeed!  Personally, I thought she had that classic 'Ingrid Bergman'-look about her. 

As for 007's failure to rescue her, every time I watch Moonraker it occurs to me that it is a cold, thoughtless, 'non-007' moment for our favorite spy (and to have a such paragon of "charming nice guys" like Roger Moore act that way made it all the worse!)    Put yourself in Bond's shoes for a moment - you narrowly escape death in the G-Force machine - which leaves you with the distinct impression that all is not kosher at Drax Industries.  So, you seek out an ally within the organization, namely Corrine.  After seducing her, you - albeit not intentionally - incriminate her in your efforts at snooping around her (clearly dangerous) employer's office.   The next day, you casually shoot a would-be sniper hidden in the trees (in front of a stone-faced Drax no less! -  A major hint as to what kind of madman you're dealing with!) just to show Drax that you're onto his shenanigans and, after this failed second attempt on your life, you go about your merry way without a thought or care for Corrine (who you just bedded hours earlier)?!?  WTF!?!

Clearly this isn't the same 007 who had to basically be dragged away from Tilly Masterson's corpse by Goldfinger's goons (and she was a pain in the ass who not only endangered his mission but rebuffed his sexual advances!) or even the Bond who loses his S*** in a damn-near pointless and dangerous gun battle on the grounds of Palmyra after he finds Paula's corpse in the bowels of Largo's estate, or even the Bond who tried to stop Rosie Carver (a stupid twit of a double-agent who betrayed him!) from running towards her death.   Nope... James Bond.1979 just goes onto Venice seemingly without a thought or care for the poor, doomed Corrine's welfare.  Personally, I never understood it.  

I guess we should be grateful that he showed at least some remorse over the death of the Countess Lisl von Schlaf on the beach in For Your Eyes Only!

#16 PrinceKamalKhan

PrinceKamalKhan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11139 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:58 AM

I know I said Bond girls, but I gotta throw in a non Bond girl that is very hot. Naomi(Strombergs personal pilot), from TSWLM

I consider Naomi very much a Bond girl and one of my faves.

Yes, a very beautiful woman indeed!  Personally, I thought she had that classic 'Ingrid Bergman'-look about her. 

As for 007's failure to rescue her, every time I watch Moonraker it occurs to me that it is a cold, thoughtless, 'non-007' moment for our favorite spy (and to have a such paragon of "charming nice guys" like Roger Moore act that way made it all the worse!)    Put yourself in Bond's shoes for a moment - you narrowly escape death in the G-Force machine - which leaves you with the distinct impression that all is not kosher at Drax Industries.  So, you seek out an ally within the organization, namely Corrine.  After seducing her, you - albeit not intentionally - incriminate her in your efforts at snooping around her (clearly dangerous) employer's office.   The next day, you casually shoot a would-be sniper hidden in the trees (in front of a stone-faced Drax no less! -  A major hint as to what kind of madman you're dealing with!) just to show Drax that you're onto his shenanigans and, after this failed second attempt on your life, you go about your merry way without a thought or care for Corrine (who you just bedded hours earlier)?!?  WTF!?!

Clearly this isn't the same 007 who had to basically be dragged away from Tilly Masterson's corpse by Goldfinger's goons (and she was a pain in the ass who not only endangered his mission but rebuffed his sexual advances!) or even the Bond who loses his S*** in a damn-near pointless and dangerous gun battle on the grounds of Palmyra after he finds Paula's corpse in the bowels of Largo's estate, or even the Bond who tried to stop Rosie Carver (a stupid twit of a double-agent who betrayed him!) from running towards her death.   Nope... James Bond.1979 just goes onto Venice seemingly without a thought or care for the poor, doomed Corrine's welfare.  Personally, I never understood it.  

I guess we should be grateful that he showed at least some remorse over the death of the Countess Lisl von Schlaf on the beach in For Your Eyes Only!

I recommend you read Christopher Wood's novelization James Bond and Moonraker. In Venice, Holly tells Bond of Trudi's(the novel's name for the beautiful helicopter pilot character who would eventually become Corrine in the film version)  fatal "accident" with the dogs in the woods and he gets very upset to the point of almost vomiting.

#17 The*SPY*

The*SPY*

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 85 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:09 AM

I am always amazed by how beautiful Maud Adams looked as Andrea Anders at the kick boxing match.   I am sure Guy Hamilton directed it that way so that it is even more shocking to discover that she is actually dead.  Kinda weird now that I think about it.  In no way am I into 'dead" chicks, but I'm just saying the scene presents her in a way that really shows what a beautiful woman she is (was).

#18 jmarks4life

jmarks4life

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 295 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:43 AM

How about Corine Clery in Moonraker? It was the first Bond film I saw on the big screen at the age of 11. I remember her death scene, as I was sitting in the theatre on the edge of my seat, hoping 007 would suddenly arrive and shoot the dogs with his wrist dart gun. Alas, it was not to be.

Yes, a very beautiful woman indeed! Personally, I thought she had that classic 'Ingrid Bergman'-look about her.

As for 007's failure to rescue her, every time I watch Moonraker it occurs to me that it is a cold, thoughtless, 'non-007' moment for our favorite spy (and to have a such paragon of "charming nice guys" like Roger Moore act that way made it all the worse!) Put yourself in Bond's shoes for a moment - you narrowly escape death in the G-Force machine - which leaves you with the distinct impression that all is not kosher at Drax Industries. So, you seek out an ally within the organization, namely Corrine. After seducing her, you - albeit not intentionally - incriminate her in your efforts at snooping around her (clearly dangerous) employer's office. The next day, you casually shoot a would-be sniper hidden in the trees (in front of a stone-faced Drax no less! - A major hint as to what kind of madman you're dealing with!) just to show Drax that you're onto his shenanigans and, after this failed second attempt on your life, you go about your merry way without a thought or care for Corrine (who you just bedded hours earlier)?!? WTF!?!

Clearly this isn't the same 007 who had to basically be dragged away from Tilly Masterson's corpse by Goldfinger's goons (and she was a pain in the ass who not only endangered his mission but rebuffed his sexual advances!) or even the Bond who loses his S*** in a damn-near pointless and dangerous gun battle on the grounds of Palmyra after he finds Paula's corpse in the bowels of Largo's estate, or even the Bond who tried to stop Rosie Carver (a stupid twit of a double-agent who betrayed him!) from running towards her death. Nope... James Bond.1979 just goes onto Venice seemingly without a thought or care for the poor, doomed Corrine's welfare. Personally, I never understood it.

I guess we should be grateful that he showed at least some remorse over the death of the Countess Lisl von Schlaf on the beach in For Your Eyes Only!

I recommend you read Christopher Wood's novelization James Bond and Moonraker. In Venice, Holly tells Bond of Trudi's(the novel's name for the beautiful helicopter pilot character who would eventually become Corrine in the film version) fatal "accident" with the dogs in the woods and he gets very upset to the point of almost vomiting.
Naomi is not a "true" Bond girl in the sense that Bond slept with her or she finished a mission with him. She was just a beautiful woman Bond happened to come in contact with.

#19 Binyamin

Binyamin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1075 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:52 AM

Fields.

#20 Double Naught spy

Double Naught spy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 169 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:26 AM

I recommend you read Christopher Wood's novelization James Bond and Moonraker. In Venice, Holly tells Bond of Trudi's(the novel's name for the beautiful helicopter pilot character who would eventually become Corrine in the film version)  fatal "accident" with the dogs in the woods and he gets very upset to the point of almost vomiting.

Thanks for the heads up!  I'm ashamed to admit that I've got that book in my collection, but haven't picked it up in many a years.  Glad to hear that Mr. Wood addressed this subject in his novel - I recall him taking great efforts in "filling in the blanks" regarding TSWLM and MR plot-points.  However, (at the risk of sounding unthankful to your input) my overall point still stands - despite Mr. Wood's efforts in letting us know how 007 felt after Corrine's (or Trudi's) death, it seems unlike 007 to "leave a girl hanging."  Even if his efforts proved to be unsuccessful, the 007 I'm familiar with would have at least made a cursory effort to get Corrine to freedom. 

On a practical note - Do you know how hard it is to talk my girlfriend into seeing one of "my" 007 movies?  For the most part, I can at least say with some certainty, "Look, some women will die in this movie (especially in the middle) but, be assured the hero (I've forced you to watch for two hours) will not rest until there deaths are avenged. If nothing else, Bond protects his women, or at lease, avenges them. (FYI - 007's ability to "take care" of his women is the reason most women find the Bond character so attractive - most women desire  a "real" man who can take care of them (as in the extreme level of physical danger like protecting them against deadly tyrant-bosses like Goldfinger or Drax, AND NOT (to be perfectly clear) mean that in the scene of "to take care of them" in regards to outdated notions like "I provide the roof over your head, so you do as I say", "I'm the head of the household because I (the man) earn the paycheck", or other such nonsense.   No, I'm talking about the universal concept of 'surrender' of faith that comes after a person (man, woman, or Corrine) experiences when they have found that 'person' they find they can fully trust.) In that regard, 007 broke that sacred 'vow' - if you'll forgive the expression - in Moonraker by letting Corrine take the full brunt of his actions and subsequently Drax's wrath.  Vomiting in the canals of Venice aside, that was a 'jerk' move and certainly not worthy of Roger Moore's (or Connery's, Lazenby's, et al) tenure.

But thanks again for reminding me of Mr. Wood's efforts Bill.

#21 PrinceKamalKhan

PrinceKamalKhan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11139 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:54 AM

Naomi is not a "true" Bond girl in the sense that Bond slept with her or she finished a mission with him. She was just a beautiful woman Bond happened to come in contact with.

I consider Naomi to be one of the ones who got away like Tilly Masterston, Camille, and Miss Jenny Flex, another one who definitely needs to be added to this thread:

nm0233145.jpg

Thanks for the heads up!  I'm ashamed to admit that I've got that book in my collection, but haven't picked it up in many a years.  Glad to hear that Mr. Wood addressed this subject in his novel - I recall him taking great efforts in "filling in the blanks" regarding TSWLM and MR plot-points.  However, (at the risk of sounding unthankful to your input) my overall point still stands - despite Mr. Wood's efforts in letting us know how 007 felt after Corrine's (or Trudi's) death, it seems unlike 007 to "leave a girl hanging."  Even if his efforts proved to be unsuccessful, the 007 I'm familiar with would have at least made a cursory effort to get Corrine to freedom. 

On a practical note - Do you know how hard it is to talk my girlfriend into seeing one of "my" 007 movies?  For the most part, I can at least say with some certainty, "Look, some women will die in this movie (especially in the middle) but, be assured the hero (I've forced you to watch for two hours) will not rest until there deaths are avenged. If nothing else, Bond protects his women, or at lease, avenges them. (FYI - 007's ability to "take care" of his women is the reason most women find the Bond character so attractive - most women desire  a "real" man who can take care of them (as in the extreme level of physical danger like protecting them against deadly tyrant-bosses like Goldfinger or Drax, AND NOT (to be perfectly clear) mean that in the scene of "to take care of them" in regards to outdated notions like "I provide the roof over your head, so you do as I say", "I'm the head of the household because I (the man) earn the paycheck", or other such nonsense.   No, I'm talking about the universal concept of 'surrender' of faith that comes after a person (man, woman, or Corrine) experiences when they have found that 'person' they find they can fully trust.) In that regard, 007 broke that sacred 'vow' - if you'll forgive the expression - in Moonraker by letting Corrine take the full brunt of his actions and subsequently Drax's wrath.  Vomiting in the canals of Venice aside, that was a 'jerk' move and certainly not worthy of Roger Moore's (or Connery's, Lazenby's, et al) tenure.

But thanks again for reminding me of Mr. Wood's efforts Bill.

You are most welcome but the name is Khan. PrinceKamalKhan.  ;)

#22 Call Me Hilly

Call Me Hilly

Cadet

• Crew
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:29 AM

1) Luciana Paluzzi. (Fiona Volpe, Thunderball) My favourite Bond girl of all.

2) Rosamund Pike. (Miranda Frost, Die Another Day) Love the outfit in the fight with Halle Berry. The wrong girl died!

Edited by Call Me Hilly, 06 June 2013 - 10:49 AM.

#23 thecasinoroyale

thecasinoroyale

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14358 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:45 AM

1) Severine (Berenice Lim Marlohe) from 'Skyfall'- a shameful waste of talent and looks, never mind the Scotch. Could have had so much greater screentime.

2) Paris Carver (Teri Hatcher) from 'Tomorrow Never Dies' - not much maybe character wise, but very pretty and looks so hot with that dress on...the floor.

3) Naomi (Caroline Munro) from 'The Spy Who Loved Me' - a great figure, with some sexy talent behind the yolk of a helicopter eminating a sexy villainess who knows how to throw a wink

:)

#24 RedsBaron

RedsBaron

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:26 AM

First one I thought of. Corrine was beautiful.

Martine Beswick, who dies in Thunderball and Eva Green who dies in Casino Royale, deserve mention, but Corrine would lead my list. 

#25 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:03 AM

Easily Corine Clery. Martine Beswick always looked too much like a bloke, to me. Something about the shoulders and jawline.

#26 billy007

billy007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 162 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:59 AM

Namoi also has the distinction of being the first woman 007 personally kills in the series.
Pehaps a new thread should be posted "Define Bond Girl" ?

Edited by billy007, 07 June 2013 - 04:00 AM.

#27 jmarks4life

jmarks4life

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 295 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:13 AM

Namoi also has the distinction of being the first woman 007 personally kills in the series.
Pehaps a new thread should be posted "Define Bond Girl" ?

In my eyes a Bond girl is one who either Bond slept with or finished a movie with.

#28 thecasinoroyale

thecasinoroyale

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14358 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:08 AM

Does that mean girls like Fiona Volpe, Corrine Dufour, Xenia Onatopp are not Bond girls to you...?

#29 zerominus

zerominus

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 88 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:32 AM

jmarks4life's criteria to qualify as a Bond girl includes girls that Bond slept with (logically enough), therefore Fiona, Corrine and Xenia would of course be considered Bond girls using this criteria.

#30 Major Tallon

Major Tallon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2107 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:38 AM

Then by all means let's add Miranda Frost to the list.