Just watch CR '67 and you know it. ;)

#32 ChrissBond007

ChrissBond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:27 PM

I've always wondered what a final Bond movie would be like. Would it be a film that is really sort of a final mission. Something like an older retired Bond coming back one last time. Or just shocking the world having a Bond film end with the text ''James Bond will not return''. 

I surely don't want to the think about an end for Bond. Just all the excitement for the next Bond movie that we wouldn't have again. But if they ever were to end the series I certainly hope it would end on a high with another great film rather than the films losing their quality and popularity. 

#33 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:38 AM

Can't be bothered reading replies here but has anybody wondered what happens when copyright elapses and every studio immediately rushes out their own Bond film, Bond cable movie, Bond miniseries? Fantastic way of killing the series by glutting the market. On the other hand with Bond in the public domain I expect to see a glut of Bond novels for many decades to come a la Sherlock Holmes. Imagine the competition to play Bond in all those rival productions? You may even get lead actors - shudder, lead American actors agreeing to play Bond in a single film.

And I can't be bothered to reply how incorrect the above is...

#34 glidrose

glidrose

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:21 PM

Can't be bothered reading replies here but has anybody wondered what happens when copyright elapses and every studio immediately rushes out their own Bond film, Bond cable movie, Bond miniseries? Fantastic way of killing the series by glutting the market. On the other hand with Bond in the public domain I expect to see a glut of Bond novels for many decades to come a la Sherlock Holmes. Imagine the competition to play Bond in all those rival productions? You may even get lead actors - shudder, lead American actors agreeing to play Bond in a single film.

And I can't be bothered to reply how incorrect the above is...

PLEASE don't keep us in suspense. Wouldn't want anybody to think you're trolling.

#35 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:56 AM

Gentlemen?

#36 glidrose

glidrose

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:35 PM

Gentlemen?

Closing time already? I'll have a bourbon on the rocks and my friend who doesn't explain himself will have a... I guess he can tell you.

#37 Eric Stromberg

Eric Stromberg

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:08 PM

I really can't be bothered to comment on the above.  Just for the record.

#38 PrinceKamalKhan

PrinceKamalKhan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11139 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:06 AM

I've browsed around these forums for a while, but I haven't really came across this sort of topic before. It's not something that we like to particularly talk about, but I feel it's inevitable (hence the title):

When do you think the Bond series will end? 

I figure when they stop making movies. The James Bond series may go on hiatus for a while but he's one of those characters like Superman, Batman, Sherlock Holmes, etc, in the sense he may go away for a bit but he will always return if only due to the lack of originality and creativity among so many in charge of the filmmaking business. Bond's a proven commodity and will continue to last in one form or another.

#39 jmarks4life

jmarks4life

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 295 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:59 PM

I would think unfortunately after the passing of Michael Wilson & Barbara Broccoli

#40 AgenttiNollaNollaSeitsemän

AgenttiNollaNollaSeitsemän

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 493 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

Hopefully not during my lifetime. Sherlock Holmes is still doing really well, so I think 007 will be around in 2100...