#91 Janus Assassin

Janus Assassin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1898 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:52 PM

My two cents:

Skarsgaard - already used in TGWTDT, together with Craig, not a big surprise as a villain anymore and not as versatile as Bardem (who had been a very different villain before)

Waltz - not versatile at all, always playing the same character (and he did that before when he was a star in German television)

Day-Lewis - yeah, yeah, very versatile - but somehow too sincere, too one-note earnest and important, can´t imagine him in a Bond film having fun (or in any film having fun)

Sheen - yes! He would bring the right kind of amusement and acting ability!

Oldman - able but overused

What about this idea, very out of the box:

Hugh Jackman.

He knows EON, has acted with DC on stage, is very versatile and could play a surprising and interesting bad guy.

I could see Jackman playing a Trevelyan-esque role.

#92 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:56 PM

Yeah I like the idea of Jackman. He's a capable actor, and would be interesting to see him face-to-face with Craig's Bond.

#93 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:39 PM

(sigh) Yet another PR story with the sole purpose of using Bond to promote something else.

They must keep that article copied to the desktops of these publications so they can quickly churn one or two of these out a week.

It´s probably related to Travolta´s new film with DeNiro (as far as I know, direct to video) in which he plays the bad guy.

I think its getting some kind of a theatrical release, although probably not much of one. I saw it listed about a week ago on Amazon's "watch it while its in theaters" tab on their instant viewing section. From what I've heard, though, it's quite bad.

#94 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:27 AM

-John Travolta, I can't see happening. :excl: I didn't care much of him or his accent in KILLING SEASON 2013 either. Battlefield Earth & Swordfish come to mind.
-Hugh Jackman, I don't think I've seen him play a villain. What would that be like? Him getting mad and yelling like Wolverine?  :angry:

Just throwing some names out there;
-Meryl Streep 
-Joaquin Phoenix  :wacko:
-Penélope Cruz  :wub:
-Angelina Jolie
-Jean Dujardin (The Artist)

:wub: ;
-Idris Elba 
-Val Kilmer
-Peter Dinklage
-Daniel Day Louise
-Helen Mirren
-Charlize Theron

#95 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:09 AM

I'd rather see Steve Coogan have a go.

Well, he's certainly well qualified - or rather, his alter ego, Alan Partridge is! (Knows his Bond backwards does Alan! And he'd "stop getting Bond wrong!"  :D )

Tom Hardy would be a great adversary for Craig's Bond. what do you think fellow Bond fans?

Agreed. I've seen him in, amongst other things, "Tinker Tailor, Soldier, Spy" and "Star Trek Nemesis". The latter wasn't the best of Trek films, imho, but he was one of the best things in it.

Stellan Skarsgard

stellen-skarsgard-girl-dragon-tattoo-1.j

And he's acted with Daniel Craig before in The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. 

Also agreed. Looks suitably sinister. Another actor who has appeared with Daniel Craig before, in "Defiance", is Liev Schreiber. He'd make an interesting Bond villain. Would it happen though, with his TV commitments?

#96 GalaSilva

GalaSilva

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:02 PM

Geoffrey Rush? 

2013-02-12-9576-10891_Geoffrey_Rush_IMG_

#97 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:10 PM

I've just finished watching the US adaptation of the BBC political drama "House Of Cards". Not often an adaptation is as good as the original, but this one is, imho. (And for someone involved in politics, an "education" as well as an entertainment.)

For years - certainly during the Brosnan era - he was the UK red top tabloids' default "next Bond villain" when Sir Anthony Hopkins wasn't mentioned in despatches instead. But after watching House Of Cards, I'm all for Kevin Spacey - who played the series' main character, Congressman Francis Underwood - as a future Bond villain, if not the one in Bond 24. He would make a complex, charming, but chilling, bloody good baddie.

(And by the way, Robin Wright, who plays Underwood's scheming wife Claire, would make a pretty good villain as well.)

#98 quantumofsolace

quantumofsolace

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1563 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:03 PM

http://blogs.coventr...-dame-hele.html

DAME Helen Mirren has announced that she would love to face off against DANIEL CRAIG as a Bond villain.

The Oscar-winner revealed she would be thrilled to be cast as a baddie in a 007 movie

Talking to Digital Spy about whether she would ever consider playing a female Doctor who, she said: "I so do not want to play Doctor Who, I really don't. I'd like to be a Bond villain.

#99 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:10 PM

I'd rather see Vanessa Redgrave.

#100 dtuba

dtuba

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:28 AM

Forest Whitaker. He would make a perfect Blofeld (or Blofeld type villian). He's big, he's bald, he's got the lazy-eye thing,  so he's got the Flemingesque deformity (no makeup required). He's a great actor and he's already played Idi Amin, a real-life super villain. Give him a white cat, and there we are.

#101 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:50 AM

Forest Whitaker. He would make a perfect Blofeld (or Blofeld type villian). He's big, he's bald, he's got the lazy-eye thing,  so he's got the Flemingesque deformity (no makeup required). He's a great actor and he's already played Idi Amin, a real-life super villain. Give him a white cat, and there we are.

Except he hasn't turned in a great performance or anything near good since The Last King Of Scotland.

If It's Blofeld, I'd give my vote to Stellan Skarsgard.

#102 AgenttiNollaNollaSeitsemän

AgenttiNollaNollaSeitsemän

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 493 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

Forest Whitaker would make good Buonaparte Ignaze Gallia. He's a great actor, more let down by scripts and lazy directing than lacking thespian skills.

#103 dtuba

dtuba

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:18 PM

My dream casting for Mr. Big would have to be Lawrence Fishburne.

#104 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:21 PM

My dream casting for Mr. Big would have to be Lawrence Fishburne.

Now THAT would be cool!

#105 DominicGreene

DominicGreene

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:37 PM

Considering Mendes is directing, I'll be shocked if Kevin Spacy doesn't get the role of the villain,assuming there are no conflicts.

#106 TheManwiththeWaltherPPK

TheManwiththeWaltherPPK

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:30 PM

Considering Mendes is directing, I'll be shocked if Kevin Spacy doesn't get the role of the villain,assuming there are no conflicts.

I don't know about that. Other than Craig being in both Road to Perdition and Skyfall, I don't believe that Mendes has ever used the same actor twice in major roles.  Although he seems to like to use the same group of collaborators behind the camera, he doesn't seem the type to rely on a stable of actors like Christopher Nolan, Tim Burton, or Judd Apatow.

#107 Benjamin

Benjamin

Cadet

• Crew
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:28 PM

Ian McKellen would be a very interesting turn of events, but really a hacking-based-villain is too Silva, so I'd jump at Brian Cox as the psycho-killer terrorist villain. That'd be dark, awesome and thrilling.

#108 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:43 PM

I just can't see Kevin Spacy in a Bond film. Mendes also worked with Tom Hanks and Jamie Fox but I can't see them in a Bond film either. 

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if their trying to find a high profile actor and entice them by tailoring the role to their liking much like they did with Bardem. 

#109 Benjamin

Benjamin

Cadet

• Crew
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:37 PM

Kevin Spacy in a Bond film would be rather strange, almost comedic, unless he played a villain very different to the roles I've seen him in already.

Mendes appears pretty versatile with his actor pool though and doesn't reuse often, so perhaps we'll get someone completely surprising. I'd like that.

#110 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:20 PM

What about Steven David Morrissey?

#111 GardenerJames..Gardener

GardenerJames..Gardener

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:59 AM

come on no one likes CHARLES DANCE....I know he was in Bond before he is awesome and will be looking for more work soonish...

Jason is big can play a heavy guy you know the type that breaks threw walls to get to the target.

what about Dolf Lungern? 

Matt Smith

David Tennant (seen broadchurch?)

Julian Bleach? 

forgot one!!!!!

TOM HARDY!

Edited by GardenerJames..Gardener, 24 August 2013 - 06:06 PM.

#112 dirtymind

dirtymind

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

I think Matthias Schoenaerts would be a great henchman. bullhead-matthias-schoenaerts_320.jpg

#113 rubixcub

rubixcub

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:18 PM

Not a wishlist pick per se, but I have a gut feeling that rising German actor Daniel Bruhl (a likely Oscar nominee this year for his performance as Austrian Formula One driver Niki Lauda) could wind up on the producers' shortlist, if not for the upcoming Bond adventure then possibly for a future one.

Dave

#114 Trevelyan 006

Trevelyan 006

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:15 PM

I'm a fan of Sir Kenneth Branagh and I'd love to see him cast.

I think he could play a fellow Englishman-turned-villain or even a ruthless German fantastically well...

Macbeth_Main.jpg

#115 TheManwiththeWaltherPPK

TheManwiththeWaltherPPK

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:25 PM

I think he could play a fellow Englishman-turned-villain or even a ruthless German fantastically well...

Macbeth_Main.jpga b

Given your username and avatar, why would you of all people want a rehash of Trevelyan?  The fellow Englishman-turned-baddie has already been done quite well and recently at that.  And given the plot and characterization similarities with Silva being a former agent with a grudge, I'd really prefer to see them stay away from moles, double agents, and traitors and the like.  I think it is time for them to go back to the archetypal Bond villain and give it a modern twist.  I want Fleming's Blofeld done right.  Craig's Bond needs his Joker and I don't mean in the dark mirror sense that Silva was used, but in terms of a conflict of two absolutes, destined to fight it out forever.  St. George and the Dragon.  Black and white... with a bit of a twist.

Edited by TheManwiththeWaltherPPK, 12 October 2013 - 05:25 PM.

#116 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing them revisit the idea of Bond going up against a former Double-oh at some point in the relatively near future.  I don't agree that it's a plot device that's been done particularly well to this point, as the idea was completely squandered in GoldenEye (Bean did a phenomenal job as Trevelyan, but the script really didn't emphasize the concept of Bond and a former Double-oh squaring off against each other enough, opting instead to make it a relatively simple heist plot), and was different enough in its execution in Skyfall to warrant revisiting the concept at some point.

#117 Trevelyan 006

Trevelyan 006

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:59 PM

Macbeth_Main.jpga b

Given your username and avatar, why would you of all people want a rehash of Trevelyan?  The fellow Englishman-turned-baddie has already been done quite well and recently at that.  And given the plot and characterization similarities with Silva being a former agent with a grudge, I'd really prefer to see them stay away from moles, double agents, and traitors and the like.  I think it is time for them to go back to the archetypal Bond villain and give it a modern twist.  I want Fleming's Blofeld done right.  Craig's Bond needs his Joker and I don't mean in the dark mirror sense that Silva was used, but in terms of a conflict of two absolutes, destined to fight it out forever.  St. George and the Dragon.  Black and white... with a bit of a twist.

I hadn't imagined Branagh as a rouge agent, but more of a higher up white collar, embezzling national/important funds (or something similar). A man that never imagined he ever be caught and when he realizes Her Majesty's government is on to him he makes every attempt to evade Bond and his own impending doom. No relation to the service what-so ever, just a cowardice, rich, cunning thief.

Beside, I'd like to see them try and rehash Trevelyan... Never! 

#118 Berni99

Berni99

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:32 AM

Bobby Cannavale (his Performance in Boardwalk Empire was amazing)

121021-ep31-gyp-450.jpg

Edited by Berni99, 01 November 2013 - 10:35 AM.

#119 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:25 AM

Kenneth Branagh would be an interesting selection. He is going to be the villain in the new Chris Pine/Tom Clancy movie.

#120 dirtymind

dirtymind

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:26 PM

Bobby Cannavale (his Performance in Boardwalk Empire was amazing)

I hated his performance in Boardwalk Empire. Very annoying.