44 replies to this topic

#31 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

Whatever model it is, it'd be nice to have a Bond car not painted silver or dark grey.

Agreed. I wouldn't want to see them move away from the silver/dark-grey look on a permanent basis, but shaking it up a bit now and then would be nice.

#32 AgenttiNollaNollaSeitsemän

AgenttiNollaNollaSeitsemän

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 493 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

How about dark/Navy blue? Referring to Bonds military career?

#33 Aisforauric

Aisforauric

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

Try the colour-configurator on The Aston Martin website below...you can colour the new Vanquish in all sorts of shades.....enjoy.....
As you know, I chose 'Skyfall Silver'......

http://www.astonmart...value":"14"}}}}

#34 MajorB

MajorB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3700 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

To me, having Bond drive the DB5 in the films is the modern-day equivalent of his Bentley in the books. It shows his love of classic cars and keeps the Aston tradition going. How they'd explain it is another thing altogether . . . ("I have to hand it to you, Q--quite ingenious.")

#35 Trevelyan 006

Trevelyan 006

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

I loved Bond's Lotus back in the day... I wouldn't mind him getting behind the wheel of a new model in an upcoming film.

Perhaps a Lotus Evora?

Posted Image

#36 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

Try the colour-configurator on The Aston Martin website below...you can colour the new Vanquish in all sorts of shades.....enjoy.....
As you know, I chose 'Skyfall Silver'......

http://www.astonmart...value":"14"}}}}

Nice link.

Going through their color selection, I think I'd like to see them put Bond in a Jet Black Aston Martin. I think that would retain enough of the look that we've gotten with the dark grey Aston Martin in the recent films while also serving to make the car look different enough.

#37 SolidWaffle

SolidWaffle

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:25 PM

As many have said, Aston Martin and Bond should continue their partnership. They both define each other. I love the new Vanquish, and the DB9 still is one of the best looking cars out there in my opinion. If he had to move away from A-M, he should hop in a Lotus I think. Bentley's image does not suit Bond at this moment, at least from my (American) perspective. I don't think what happens to the DB5 in Skyfall is neccesarily permanent. But as much as I love that car, seeing Bond behind the wheel of a 21st Century Aston would be fantastic - and hopefully this time he wouldn't roll it or rip off the doors.

#38 the man with the BB gun

the man with the BB gun

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:43 PM

jaguar F-Type because.. just look at it.

http://img2.netcarsh...allpaper_01.jpg

#39 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

I love the DB5 and definitely Bond should stick with the Astons. I do sort of see it following the trend of Fleming's books with the destruction of the DB5, perhaps he could get another classic like the '69 DB9 from OHMSS. As for a new car, I would love to see Bond driving a DB9 Volante through the trees in Cuba or Miami or some other tropical location. Just don't push any of the buttons on that car.

http://www.google.co...29,r:3,s:0,i:97

#40 Aziz Fekkesh

Aziz Fekkesh

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

(Eyes bright with the vision) I see Bond driving a blinding white new Lotus Esprit up to the blinding white Calatrava-designed art museum in Milwaukee which would serve as the villain's headquarters from which he controls the world's weather, or water, or... whatever.

It snowed here last night, so "blinding white" is the dominant visual scheme.

#41 Aziz Fekkesh

Aziz Fekkesh

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

Upon reflection, the new Lotus is a bit over-the-top. Perhaps the latest indistinguishably gorgeous Aston or the Bentley would be more Bondian.

I only recently learned that the unusual-looking but sassy sports model driven by Tippi Hedren in "The Birds" was an Aston Martin. A DB2/Something, I think.

#42 Pam Bouvier

Pam Bouvier

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:50 AM

I guess I'm in the minority here. Fleming put Bond in Bentley, so I'd I'd like to see him in one on the screen.

#43 Aziz Fekkesh

Aziz Fekkesh

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:26 AM

I guess I'm in the minority here. Fleming put Bond in Bentley, so I'd I'd like to see him in one on the screen.

I'm with you, Ms. Bouvier. Now that I think about it, the only time Bond's feelings about a car (of his own as opposed to an equipment issue) are examined is with respect to the Bentley. Now that the Aston (whether it was issued by Q-branch, won from Demetrios or whatever) has been destroyed, perhaps it's time for a new (old) car. I like the Continental - it's beautifully ugly, pugnacious, muscular, truncated - rather like Daniel Craig.

#44 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:25 AM

I loved Bond's Lotus back in the day... I wouldn't mind him getting behind the wheel of a new model in an upcoming film.

Perhaps a Lotus Evora?

zQUeRl.jpg

Now that's one nice ride. I think that should definitely appear in the movie.

#45 Professor Pi

Professor Pi

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1430 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:41 AM

This car caught my eye in real life the other day, and only after it passed did I notice it was a Lotus.  I wonder if it still turns in a submarine?! :)