NSNA-Blu Ray for Europe?

37 replies to this topic

#31 SAWfinger

SAWfinger

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:08 PM

There is a useful news item on the NSNA anniversary DVD on the JBIFC website. Go to: www.007info

#32 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

There is a useful news item on the NSNA anniversary DVD on the JBIFC website. Go to: www.007info

The link is faulty.

#33 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:10 AM

Okay, got the new Blu Ray.

A wonderful improvement on the DVD. It features the surprisingly honest commentary by Irvin Kershner, some docs and the trailer (all of which my DVD did not offer).

Haven´t seen the whole film presentation yet, but the scenes I checked for quality impressed me.

I loved the film when I was a teenager and saw it on the big screen. Years later I found it rather pedestrian. But now I am eager to see it again, in its great BD-quality. And really, the things Kershner says about the film are not careful at all. This is not a commentary the producers will like, and thankfully so.

Anyone undecided - I can assure you, the upgrade from DVD to BD in the case of NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN is absolutely worth it.

#34 Odd Jobbies

Odd Jobbies

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1573 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:54 AM

Anyone undecided - I can assure you, the upgrade from DVD to BD in the case of NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN is absolutely worth it.

Thanks, i'll get hold of one :)

#35 zerominus

zerominus

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:54 AM

So SecretAgentFan, do you have the German issue, and if so is it fully uncut (with complete horse 'fall' scene intact)?

#36 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

So SecretAgentFan, do you have the German issue, and if so is it fully uncut (with complete horse 'fall' scene intact)?

Yep, I´ve got the German edition - which is uncut and complete. And Irvin Kershner talks about the stupid edits in the "horse fall"-scene on the commentary.

#37 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

Received my NEVER SAY NEVER SAY AGAIN Blu-ray last week (at the bargain price of only eight quid from Amazon UK) and am delighted with it. The film looks unexpectedly dazzling, with bright colours and pin-sharp detail. Indeed, I'm still rather stunned that a film that, down the decades and across dozens of viewings, I've mainly seen via panned-and-scanned TV broadcasts and knackered old VHS tapes can look quite as impressive as it does now. Not listened to the commentary yet but will hopefully do so soon.

I've always found NSNA extremely underrated and entertaining and it's great to finally own it on Blu-ray.

#38 Ed83

Ed83

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:11 PM

I have the US Bluray + DVD version and it definitely is a huge improvement in Picture Quality.  It also has a DTS-HD 5.1 Audio Track which is always nice.

I bought this a while back and it was very cheap at the time($15.99).  I really enjoy the film, but I certainly couldn't spend the outrageous amount they are asking on Ebay or Amazon marketplace.

If you want an indepth review of the Picture and Audio Quality go here - http://www.blu-ray.c...n-Blu-ray/3769/

I know it's not exactly what most people would like, but some more affordable options to own it in HD would be the following:

Amazon Instant Video - $9.99USD  - I believe its 720p and available only on certain devices in HD at the moment.  http://www.amazon.co...say never again

VUDU - HDX - $13.99USD - This version is in 1080p.  http://www.vudu.com/...Say-Never-Again

Again, I don't really prefer streaming options, because you are at the mercy of internet connection, their servers, buffering, etc.  But it might be a more affordable option for those who really want an HD version.

Hope this helps,

Ed

Edited by Ed83, 15 April 2013 - 11:46 PM.