Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:57 PM

A theory I have based on the events of SKYFALL (including some spoilers):

Spoiler

Interesting, but I find it doubtful, (caution, spoilers, be warned)
Spoiler

Indeed, that's a very good point.
Spoiler

#32 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:24 AM

Spoiler

#33 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:28 PM

Actually, in this review: http://www.007magazi...fall_review.htm we learn more about the reason why this particular flat is seen...
Spoiler

#34 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:45 PM

Actually, in this review: http://www.007magazi...fall_review.htm we learn more about the reason why this particular flat is seen...

Spoiler

Yes, indeed! A nice touch. I was there the day they filmed that scene. Was amazed by how quickly they got everything set up and shut down again.

#35 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:32 PM

Spoiler

Yes, indeed! A nice touch. I was there the day they filmed that scene. Was amazed by how quickly they got everything set up and shut down again.

You´ve must have been soaked to the bones ;)

Are you, by any chance, under another alias on another forum Vaux? Just curious.

#36 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:50 PM

The rain was fortunately largely improvised so that wasn't too much of a problem ;) It was freezing though!

Are you, by any chance, under another alias on another forum Vaux? Just curious.

Not been on another forum for a while, I'm afraid. I'm now curious about who my internet doppelganger is though!

#37 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:06 AM

The rain was fortunately largely improvised so that wasn't too much of a problem ;) It was freezing though!

Not been on another forum for a while, I'm afraid. I'm now curious about who my internet doppelganger is though!

Well, there was another member of another forum that was there in the same day you were Vaux, so I thought I´d ask. Different character though, so I was curious if we had a Dr. Jekill/Mr. Hyde scenario in our hands ;) Glad to see that´s not the case my friend. Cheers.

#38 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:19 AM

Well, there was another member of another forum that was there in the same day you were Vaux, so I thought I´d ask. Different character though, so I was curious if we had a Dr. Jekill/Mr. Hyde scenario in our hands ;) Glad to see that´s not the case my friend. Cheers.

Understood, old chap. No monstrous moonlighting from me fortunately! Cheers. :)

#39 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:43 AM

Maybe in Bond 24 we finally seems part of Bond's flat? maybe the exterior as he goes to the office? Would love if they adapt the scene from From Russia with Bond where Bond have a hot shower, do situp/pushup and have breakfast/reading the times. I think fans would love that

#40 TheManwiththeWaltherPPK

TheManwiththeWaltherPPK

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:16 PM

Completely agree! I would love to see Bond at home doing his morning exercises or something. It would also be a very good backhanded reference to how the other Bonds (Moore and Brosnan in particular) were always in the middle of romancing a woman when duty called. It could be a slow pan into Bond's bedroom while we hear grunting (the audience thinking that Bond is bedding another woman) and, instead, Bond is on the floor doing pushups. Nice little situational gag that would help explain Craig-Bond's exceptional fitness. I would also love a reference to Bond's dislike of tea at some point.

Edited by TheManwiththeWaltherPPK, 17 October 2012 - 04:19 PM.

#41 BluffersBond

BluffersBond

Cadet

• Crew
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:03 AM

@Midshipman, we would love to see a scene referencing Bond's hatred of tea as well! In Goldfinger, the book, a Secret Service canteen girl dares to bring him a cup. He calls it mud and says tea is the reason for the downfall of the British Empire. Brilliantly Bond.

A scene at his Chelsea flat would be great to expand the context of the Bond brand. Plus we'd love to see Daniel Craig cooking Bond's usual breakfast of a solitary egg cooked for three and a third minutes, followed by wholewheat toast with Jersey butter and a choice of Frank Cooper's Vintage Oxford marmalade, Tiptree 'Little Scarlet' strawberry jam or Norwegian heather honey from Fortnum's.

What, we love the detail Fleming went in to! To read a free sample of our Bluffer's Guide to Bond follow this link! http://bit.ly/RW8h58

#42 NVT

NVT

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:39 PM

Would like to see how he would deal with Chuggers, PPI telesales, neighbours from hell, cowboy builders, hdnl/yodel delivery drivers, chaves.............

#43 Tony_OO_Black

Tony_OO_Black

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

A scene a home, early in the movie, showing his morning routine, exercise, breakfast, reading the newspaper - particularly if it's been a while since his last assignment and he's feeling bored / ressless. A number of the books obviously start that way. If makes sense to the wider narrative, or makes a character point about Bond's disdain for "the soft life" for too long a period, I'd like to see it.

Yeah, something akin to this only. You show too much of Bond outside the work, you penetrate the mystique that makes him who he is.