250 replies to this topic

#181 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:12 PM

Anyone else know how long this is on for? Loving it so far, although the trailer clip mixes are getting a bit annoying.

#182 PeteNeon

PeteNeon

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 406 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

Anyone's feed keep cutting out? One minute I hear something in stereo sound, next minute it plays again in mono.

#183 KM16

KM16

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

Hey, they play SURRENDER now!

That was quite unexpected. lol And there's Dame Judi! Man, now that I think back on it, I'm really gonna miss her in the role of M.

And did Wilson really just pull up in a replica of the Goldmobile? LMAO Hysterical.

Listen pal. Just because you've been soaking up spoilers doesn't mean you need to throw them upon others.

I actually have been staying away from plot spoilers besides nuggets like the gunbarrel, so I was actually referring to when she retires seeing as she's old and going blind unless she's going to stick around until she kicks the bucket like Lee.

Edited by KM16, 23 October 2012 - 06:15 PM.

#184 IcedCamaro

IcedCamaro

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

I want a Daniel Craig mask...

#185 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

Anyone else know how long this is on for? Loving it so far, although the trailer clip mixes are getting a bit annoying.

It was promoted as being on until 8pm, but I think it will all be wrapped up sooner than that.

#186 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

Anyone else surprised that Adele's Skyfall theme was NOT featured in the background?? They just kept on looping A View To A Kill, The Living Daylights, You Know My Name, Thunderball, Goldfinger, Diamonds Are Forever, Live and Let Die, and for some odd reason Another Way to Die and Die Another Day..

#187 Gt Munn

Gt Munn

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

Hey, they play SURRENDER now!

That was quite unexpected. lol And there's Dame Judi! Man, now that I think back on it, I'm really gonna miss her in the role of M.

And did Wilson really just pull up in a replica of the Goldmobile? LMAO Hysterical.

Listen pal. Just because you've been soaking up spoilers doesn't mean you need to throw them upon others.

I actually have been staying away from plot spoilers besides nuggets like the gunbarrel, so I was actually referring to when she retires seeing as she's old and going blind unless she's going to stick around until she kicks the bucket like Lee.

Thanks for clarifying, KM16! Good man. Enjoy the rest of the premiere.

I'm glad they are doing a quick run of the highlights! Anyone know how many are attending?

#188 KM16

KM16

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

Who the hell are JLS?

#189 IcedCamaro

IcedCamaro

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

Anyone else surprised that Adele's Skyfall theme was NOT featured in the background?? They just kept on looping A View To A Kill, The Living Daylights, You Know My Name, Thunderball, Goldfinger, Diamonds Are Forever, Live and Let Die, and for some odd reason Another Way to Die and Die Another Day..

Really? That's quite odd. It wouldn't make any sense for them not to play it.

#190 Gt Munn

Gt Munn

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

In the spirit of the moderators´ tone of questions: what do we think of Daniel´s slicked back hair?

Very Bond. I hope he styles it that way for the next film.

#191 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

Very weird, as they were playing it over the speakers when I walked past this afternoon.

Just noticed Dame Judi has a diamanté style temporary transfer on her neck of the 007 logo.

#192 KM16

KM16

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

Really? That's quite odd. It wouldn't make any sense for them not to play it.

Maybe it was too dark and moody for such a high-spirited event? lol

#193 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:29 PM

Who the hell are JLS?

A British band who were on the X Factor a few years ago. Compared to a lot of X Factor's acts, they're not bad. Not a fan, but I can stand hearing one of their songs without wanting to leave the room.

#194 PeteNeon

PeteNeon

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 406 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:31 PM

Grrr, The Name's Bond... James Bond over and over, reminds me how much I don't like it now, since it has been quite overused since 2006. I wish we had a new full version for Skyfall.

Ah, and there's Skyfall.

Edited by PeteNeon, 23 October 2012 - 06:31 PM.

#195 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

Yep. Saving the most relevant for last, it would seem!

That was very cool. I've never watched a premiere in full, and this medium really does allow the entire world to feel like they're there. It also, of course, makes my 14-day wait all that much more infuriating.

#196 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

Thank you CommanderBond.net for this wonderful wonderful link to the event. Truly memorable for those like me who could not be there. Thank you so much.

#197 IcedCamaro

IcedCamaro

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

Although it was indeed very cool, it would have been great to have all Bonds reunited for the 50th anniversary here.(never mind the rest I said here).

Edited by IcedCamaro, 23 October 2012 - 06:54 PM.

#198 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

Recent prize giving what?

#199 IcedCamaro

IcedCamaro

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:44 PM

Hasn't there been a single ocassion in the last few weeks these people have gotten together in relation to the 50th year celebration? I could have sworn there was at least one event but if if that wasn't the case then I am even more surprised they didn't make an appearance here.

#200 NVT

NVT

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

Was this over by 7:30?
All I can now see is the skyfall logo.

#201 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:51 PM

It's replaying now.

#202 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:52 PM

Watching the live feed was a blast. I loved how so many people, including Craig and Mendes, cited a Roger Moore film as their first Bond experience. Mendes even said "I have a soft spot for Roger Moore." OHMSS even got a shout-out.

#203 Robinson

Robinson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1445 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

Just noticed Dame Judi has a diamanté style temporary transfer on her neck of the 007 logo.

I caught that too. Maybe Dame Judi felt the need for some extra bling!

Colin Salmon was/is there.

#204 Twingolot

Twingolot

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

Barbara Broccoli arriving in the silver Aston Martin...
... and hitting her head while climbing out of it.

I think it wasn't an Aston Martin but rather Cubby's Rolls we saw in AVTAK.

And thinking about Wilson arriving in Goldfinger's Rolls... it was Wilson's first appearance in a Bond movie.

#205 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

How long does this 'waiting' go in the replay before the actual stuff starts?

#206 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:16 PM

Is it just me, or the first 0 of the giant golden 007 sign is slightly more tilted thant the second?

#207 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:25 PM

Question for those more intimately familiar with premiere procedure: do the majors meet up offsite nearby prior to the event, so they can stagger their entrances and get organized for the cameras and journos? Seems risky to approach it otherwise. Were I running it, I'd think mandating that would be prudent.

#208 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

In watching some of this again, I just happened to see Barbara Broccoli arrive at the premiere in a very familiar looking silver Rolls Royce...(A View to A Kill anyone??) More than likely it's Cubby's own Rolls which was used in AVTAK.. The license plate..."Cubb1" or something like that..Very cool!!

#209 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:18 PM

Jesus. She calls him Tom Newton twice. Why didn't she just slap him in the face?

#210 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:25 PM

Guess you guys all saw more than I did. Was a few minutes to late to get a decent place, but it was better than nothing.

But MGW and Judi Dench stopped right in front of me for half a minute. Was definitely the Goldfinger Rolls ("AU1" plate). So it was Barbara Broccoli in Cubby's Rolls? It came back for a second time, with Ralph Fiennes on board. Best arrival was Boris Becker: he and his wife came in a taxi. And Jeremy Clarkson came on foot, got in at the regular entrance ;)

Colin Salmon got lots of cheers from the crowd, was pleased about that.

Most of it was indeed over by 7:30, then there was half an hour of waiting, until the red carpet was completely empty, and then, Prince Charles and Camilla arrived.