113 replies to this topic

#31 L4YRCAKE

L4YRCAKE

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:56 PM

True. On the other hand SNL attracts world wide press. And EON will certainly announce the performer before SNL airs. So they will not only consider themselves to be the ones who let the cat out of the bag - but also have (and increase) a world wide audience to hear the new Bond song in a show that will feature Craig´s lighter side (which existence is still a question mark for some).

Said 'existence' is still a question mark for those still living under a rock?!? Seriously, were you not aware of Daniel Craig before Bond...?? The producers in no way would have chosen him as the latest Bond had he not already proven himself adept at humor...!

Don't kid yourselves, folks. Mr. Craig's appearance on SNL in September has been well planned far in advance by the Powers That Be.

Of course, it was planned far in advance. And I am aware of his talent for comic timing. C´mon...

I completely misread your quote. I've heard so many times that he's not funny that I overreacted on that one, my bad. Please accept my apologies.

#32 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:46 PM

When Pierce hosted Darrel Hammond showed up doing his Connery and ribbed Pierce for a bit. I hope this happens to Craig as well.

Of course Hammond is no longer a regular on the show, but that doesn't mean he can't show up for a bit during the monologue.

#33 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:48 PM

When Pierce hosted Darrel Hammond showed up doing his Connery and ribbed Pierce for a bit. I hope this happens to Craig as well.

Of course Hammond is no longer a regular on the show, but that doesn't mean he can't show up for a bit during the monologue.

That would be great.

It would also be great, and this has about no chance of happening, if they could entice both Hammond and Will Ferrel back as well for a Celebrity Jeopardy sketch with Craig.

#34 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:58 PM

Well I figure if they want Hammond back, he'd come back no problem. Not like he's doing anything.

Ferrel could be a harder sell, but I've seen him return a few times, even in a non-host capacity.

#35 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:01 PM

I don't doubt Hammond would come back if asked. He always seemed to be having a great deal of fun while impersonating Connery. I would be doubtful about Ferrell, at least in terms of a Jeopardy sketch. If I'm not mistaken, they didn't even do one the last time he hosted.

#36 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:47 AM

It's going to be MUSE. And perhaps one of the album's songs is THE Bond song.

I still don't think so. In addition, none of the track titles on The 2nd Law would appear to fit SKYFALL.

I dunno, 'Survival' seems fitting.

That's the one I can positively rule out; Survival was written for the Olympic Games.

#37 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:28 AM

True. On the other hand SNL attracts world wide press. And EON will certainly announce the performer before SNL airs. So they will not only consider themselves to be the ones who let the cat out of the bag - but also have (and increase) a world wide audience to hear the new Bond song in a show that will feature Craig´s lighter side (which existence is still a question mark for some).

Said 'existence' is still a question mark for those still living under a rock?!? Seriously, were you not aware of Daniel Craig before Bond...?? The producers in no way would have chosen him as the latest Bond had he not already proven himself adept at humor...!

Don't kid yourselves, folks. Mr. Craig's appearance on SNL in September has been well planned far in advance by the Powers That Be.

Of course, it was planned far in advance. And I am aware of his talent for comic timing. C´mon...

I completely misread your quote. I've heard so many times that he's not funny that I overreacted on that one, my bad. Please accept my apologies.

No apology needed.

#38 talos7

talos7

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:26 AM

I would like to see all of the previous Bond actors take turns heckling Craig during his opening monologue. Can you imagine the six of them having fun with that.

#39 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:02 AM

That would be wonderful - but I can´t imagine Sean Connery coming out of retirement to do that. Sir Roger, yes. Lazenby, maybe to plug his book. Timothy Dalton, well, for the fun of it. Pierce Brosnan... if he´s not too pissed anymore.

#40 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:25 AM

It would be the longest monologue ever. Since each time a new Bond showed up there would be so much applause and laughter, they wouldn't be able to get their lines out.

#41 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:21 AM

This should be really funny and show off Craig's acting ability, the Muse on top of that is just gravy.

#42 KM16

KM16

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 99 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:49 PM

Too bad Chris Parnell's not on there anymore, I loved the skit he did back in the day with Garth Brooks where he played Bond having every sexually transmitted disease ever, even having to name a couple new ones after himself. LOL Always loved that skit, especially the part where he starts calling every Bond girl to let them know.

#43 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:20 PM

Too bad Chris Parnell's not on there anymore, I loved the skit he did back in the day with Garth Brooks where he played Bond having every sexually transmitted disease ever, even having to name a couple new ones after himself. LOL Always loved that skit, especially the part where he starts calling every Bond girl to let them know.

LOL I thought that one was funny to, I believe I posted the script up somewhere for that.

#44 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:59 PM

LOL I thought that one was funny to, I believe I posted the script up somewhere for that.

Brilliant! http://snltranscript...9/99ebond.phtml

#45 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:53 PM

"Hey Robin," LOL

Can't wait to see what they come up with and what characters DC will be playing.

#46 dunda

dunda

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:54 PM

SNL Promo: http://cokesnlfan.tu...aran-killam-and

and for those outsite the US:

#47 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

That was pretty funny. Seems Craig is up for anything. Was it just me, or did it seem like he was losing his voice?

#48 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:18 PM

That was funny!

#49 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:20 PM

I honestly can't cope with how hilarious this is.

#50 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:22 PM

Always weird to see him in a more relaxed setting. The "quiet guy" thing hit the nail on the head of the common perception of him I think.

#51 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:56 PM

Haven't watched a single SNL episode since Will Farrell left the show, but just for this alone I might have to make an exception!! Hysterical!

#52 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

It'll be interesting to see how long it will take him to do a full-on comedy role in a film...
I bet his agent will be pushing that about now!

#53 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

Back when Brosnan was still Bond. I had always hoped he did a comedy with Dalton, like Brosnan's a homeowner or something and Dalton played his annoying neighbor. I still think that would be a great idea, just make Craig be the lead and Brosnan the annoying neighbor.

#54 DominicGreene

DominicGreene

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:29 PM

Always weird to see him in a more relaxed setting. The "quiet guy" thing hit the nail on the head of the common perception of him I think.

Agreed. This is going to be amazing.

#55 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

That was hilarious.

#56 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

Should be a good show, I can't remember the last time I seen an SNL episode... I wonder if I'll recognize any of the cast members.

#57 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:29 PM

Love the clip of Dan getting pissed off during the Monopoly game and flipping the board off the chair!! LOL..

#58 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

Can we all just stop for a moment and appreciate this.

Posted Image

#59 Binyamin

Binyamin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1075 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

Dan seems to have lightened up over the past few years... perhaps being accepted as Bond has allowed him to relax a bit and enjoy himself?

#60 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:03 PM

Dan seems to have lightened up over the past few years... perhaps being accepted as Bond has allowed him to relax a bit and enjoy himself?