68 replies to this topic

#61 Trevelyan 006

Trevelyan 006

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:04 AM

No Real Shocker Here If This Bit Ends Up To Be True...

The Real Gem Will Be Seeing What Becomes Of It All, Seeing As Dench's M Has Been More Of A Personal Support To Bond Over The Past Few Years.
It'll Surely Serve As The Water Mark For The Next Chapter In Bond's Movie History.

True Or Not, The Only Thing That Is Guaranteed In All This, Is That I Will Miss Seeing Dame Dench Behind The Desk So-To-Speak.
Then Again, I Have No Objections To A Male M Taking Up The Reigns Once More!

#62 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:56 AM

The only thing that seems odd - at least to me - is that we believe the Skyfall lodge attack is the ending climatic battle. I'm hoping for something else. Bond seeking revenge on Silva on his own turf.

I don't mind it. The villain attacking Bond's lair in the final act ( if we can call Skyfall lodge a lair), is something different in a series that is often branded formulaic.

#63 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:36 AM

One of the things I'm disappointed about this lack of a goodies vs. baddies finale and jumpsuits. That is one of one of the hallmarks of classic Bond. This one man army rubbish is a relatively recent trend, starting with the Brosnan era.

#64 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:53 AM

This would be the first time the Villian attack the Bond ancestor house as it usually Bond going to the Villian lair/castle .....I think this is a bit original...?

Edited by 007jamesbond, 07 April 2012 - 07:53 AM.

#65 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:36 PM

True or not, I would think this is what even the none Bond fans would expect. Dench is 77 years old for crying out load. The person M reports to in CR is whom I assumed would have taken over as M if Dench was to die unexpectedly. I think they also kept her around as long as they can because she is all that is left from the previous Bond era.

Posted Image

It works well with this poster too. The first column being Bernard Lees M and the second being Judi Dench's M. Its the end of an era!

#66 MrKidd

MrKidd

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 328 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:11 PM

Just come back to the forum after a few months away and seen this 'spoiler' - I'd like to quote from a post of mine November 2011;

...perhaps Judy is 'compromised' .....and Bond has no choice but to shoot her 5 times right between the eyes. She falls to the ground and he puts another 3 in the back of her head just to make sure she doesn't come back for Bond 24....

November 2011, guys!! November 2011. It's like I can see the future. It just comes to me. Ok, I'm actually scaring myself.

The ICE is gonna BREAK! There, I said it - don't say I didn't warn you.

Edited by MrKidd, 08 April 2012 - 10:15 PM.

#67 bill007

bill007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2072 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:23 PM

Au revoir, Dame Judi. Thanks for the memories. Come on in Mr. Fiennes! Have a seat. FIre up a big fat cigar, and pour a large brandy. SInk in to that leather-bound desk chair, and bring on the testosterone-driven man's world of spying.

#68 quantumofsolace

quantumofsolace

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1563 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:33 PM

Just read an article about this. It tells us nothing new but can be found here

http://www.guardian....nd-judi-dench-m

#69 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:00 PM

It must be damn difficult to stay spoiler-free when every rumored plot twist is dutifully reported in the news. I wouldn't even attempt it. You'd have to avoid not only Bond forums and entertainment rumor mills, but news sites in general.

#70 bill007

bill007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2072 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:14 AM

It must be damn difficult to stay spoiler-free when every rumored plot twist is dutifully reported in the news. I wouldn't even attempt it. You'd have to avoid not only Bond forums and entertainment rumor mills, but news sites in general.

Well said Pussfeller. Like a kid in a candy store, feeling guilty for even thinking about tasting the treats.

When the Fleming novels were brought to film, they had the novels to (pre) read. Today, we have forums where we can discuss non-novel films, nothing previously written for public consumption. Ain't it cool?